Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
That #12 on the Bears

I can't remember one person on this board ever saying he sucks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-06-2019, 09:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He sure sucks, 143 yards and 1 TD... Glad we paid Norwell, Hayden, Bortles, Moncrief and Lee instead...

And the Bears are one and done

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2019, 07:46 PM by Cleatwood.)

(01-07-2019, 06:56 PM)DuvalJag Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 09:51 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: He sure sucks, 143 yards and 1 TD... Glad we paid Norwell, Hayden, Bortles, Moncrief and Lee instead...

And the Bears are one and done
Lol what does that have to do with what ARob did? He balled out and if it weren’t for Parkeys kick or how terrible the rest of the offense played, they’re moving on.

(01-07-2019, 05:06 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 02:19 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I'm not sure how you can watch both of them play and think they're even close to the same player.

....or how you couldn't imagine the griping around here had we spent 15 mill on a dude who caught under 1000 yards for the season.

ESPECIALLY if we had a #2 pick at QB tossing the ball his way.
I’d give ARob 15 million easy if I had a good QB. You give ARob Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ryan or even Mayfield and he’s a true #1.

If you judge him solely on his stats then you’re not doing him justice.

Yeah ARob with a good QB worth keeping for sure. Heck even Hurns I would of liked to keep for cheaper instead of Lee and Moncrief
No Fun

Still wish we paid him

(01-07-2019, 07:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 06:56 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: And the Bears are one and done
Lol what does that have to do with what ARob did? He balled out and if it weren’t for Parkeys kick or how terrible the rest of the offense played, they’re moving on.

(01-07-2019, 05:06 PM)Mikey Wrote: ....or how you couldn't imagine the griping around here had we spent 15 mill on a dude who caught under 1000 yards for the season.

ESPECIALLY if we had a #2 pick at QB tossing the ball his way.
I’d give ARob 15 million easy if I had a good QB. You give ARob Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ryan or even Mayfield and he’s a true #1.

Parkey's kick was clearly tipped and changed direction...

I don't know why you lump Mayfield in with the rest of those QBs though... The Browns' Defense was the strongest part of that team. They led the league in fumble recoveries (#3 in FF) and were top 5 in INTs. They constantly gave the ball back to that Offense.

Mayfield was great for a rookie and I have no doubt he will be a top 10 QB for years, probably top 5.

Their defense was good, not great.

(01-07-2019, 08:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Still wish we paid him

I continue to think that letting ARob walk and signing Lee and Moncrief instead was a big, BIG mistake.
'02

(01-08-2019, 04:37 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 07:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol what does that have to do with what ARob did? He balled out and if it weren’t for Parkeys kick or how terrible the rest of the offense played, they’re moving on.

Parkey's kick was clearly tipped and changed direction...

I don't know why you lump Mayfield in with the rest of those QBs though... The Browns' Defense was the strongest part of that team. They led the league in fumble recoveries (#3 in FF) and were top 5 in INTs. They constantly gave the ball back to that Offense.
I’m saying that even with a rookie Mayfield, ARob would look like a #1 receiver.

(01-08-2019, 09:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

I continue to think that letting ARob walk and signing Lee and Moncrief instead was a big, BIG mistake.

regardless of Arob, I agree with the rest of this sentiment.

Probably the two biggest head-scratcher moves we did last season.

(01-08-2019, 09:37 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

"letting him" walk implies that he wanted to be here and the Jags said screw off.

They told him what they were willing to pay and he wanted out of Jax. Don't want someone that doesn't want to be here.

Hang on where is there any link the Robinson didn't want to be here?
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-09-2019, 11:09 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Hang on where is there any link the Robinson didn't want to be here?

The way the whole thing went down it seemed quite obvious he and his agent intended to test free agency and there were multiple clips making the rounds of him expressing his frustrations with Bortles on the practice field. 
The local pundits - including Oehser - all seemed certain the Jags had named a price and it wasn't enough. 

It's not much of a leap in logic to think he wanted to play elsewhere, but it's not technically a certainty.

There was an article somewhere about the Jags trying to make an offer but Arobs camp not returning the call.

I know he wanted to get paid, but I think that's different from saying he didn't want to be here. He wanted to go to whoever was going to pay him the most, that's not any different than 90% of the players.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-10-2019, 10:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I know he wanted to get paid, but I think that's different from saying he didn't want to be here. He wanted to go to whoever was going to pay him the most, that's not any different than 90% of the players.

it stems from some comments he'd made in the past about fans , the bortles video and how the contract talks went down. People presumed he didn't like it here so why would he sign a contract.  In reality he'd have stayed if given the right deal.  

He's def happier with his choice after how we melted down though.

(01-10-2019, 10:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I know he wanted to get paid, but I think that's different from saying he didn't want to be here. He wanted to go to whoever was going to pay him the most, that's not any different than 90% of the players.

Exactly, people are just in denial trying to defend Caldwell and the front office.

A-Rob wanted money, Caldwell (and Coughlin or whatever) preferred to give it to garbage players instead.

I said it then too, but I think the FO offered Arob virtually the same deal they offered Marqise and said they'd keep whichever one would accept it. Arob being the far superior player obviously told them to kick rocks and left.

From March 2018 :

Quote:Coughlin’s response to if the door was closed between the two parties was very interesting. To state that the team is “battling”, but “it takes two to tango” suggests the Jaguars could be trying to get a new deal done, but cannot find common ground with Robinson’s side.

In theory, Robinson’s agent knows the demand for his client in free agency, and has a price on the table that is not in the range that Jacksonville is willing to pay.

https://blackandteal.com/2018/03/09/jack...-robinson/

(01-07-2019, 09:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-07-2019, 08:42 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Comparing Robinson to our current crop of WR's isn't fair. Sure hes better than them all. He STILL isn't a #1 WR in the NFL as I see it. He is  VERY good #2 receiver though.

On top of not wanting to be here AND not even having a QB who could get him the ball, he wasn't worth the price of the franchise tag.

He has now moved on to another QB who never looks off his first option. I am happy for him.
I very much disagree with this. Is Davante Adams a #1? Because if ARob was on the Packers, I think you would see similar numbers.

Robinson has played with 2 inaccurate QBs his entire time.

Great point. Same with Michael Thomas and Brees.