Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clemson Vs. Alabama

(01-09-2019, 04:38 PM)Kane Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 12:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: He's a better pro prospect coming out than Cam and much more polished as a pass protector. Thats why he'll go in the top 15 picks where as Cam fell.    
Williams was the best tackle in the country this year too, only allowed 9 pressures and was dominant as a run blocker.  

I don't agree he's better "suited" to the right. Elite pass rushers are plentiful on both sides now and based on everything we've seen Williams has real polished technique and footwork, moving him to the right wouldn't make sense unless you already have a high end LT.

I don't doubt he's drafted top 15 (GMs reach all the time and OT is premium position). I just don't think he's worth a top ten selection as a LT. I don't think he comes in as a day 1 starter at LT. He has issues with his length, his ability against rushers with good bend. I wouldn't take him at 7. Or in the top ten. And I wouldn't play him over Cam Robinson. Maybe it came off like I was calling him trash, but I wasn't. Just no longer as high on him as I once was.
Thought he would play better against good competition. He didn't.
Much in the same way that watching a QB I like early in the season struggle under the lights would have him slide down my board, I was on the fence about perhaps Jax taking Williams at 7 if, for instance, Haskins is gone (maybe Lock too). Now I would prefer to take one of the defensive studs or trade down.

I'm not sure what Cam does better as a pass blocker apart from having heavier paws, his technique and footwork aren't on the same tier. Have heard Williams length isn't good but I tend to only mark that against people if I see them consistently struggle with it.   

Based on what we know atm he'd probably be my top non qb pick atm from where are selecting.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!