Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 I'm Bored Jags Mock Draft

(01-10-2019, 11:01 PM)hostiletakeover Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 03:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I may be the only person on the planet not concerned with Grier's arm strength. 

I know the guy likes to put some air under the ball a bit too often, but he's got plenty of arm strength to be coached up and makes all the throws in a pro offense IMO.

I don't think his arm strength is terrible, but I wouldn't say it's great either.  In the first gif, the ball is in the air about 60+/- yards.  In the second gif, the ball is in the air about 40+/- yards.  That's with no pressure and time to step into his throw.  There are tons of NFL Qb's that can throw it 80+ yards in those conditions.  Heck, there are some NFL QBs that can throw it farther than that on their knees.

Though I don't disagree with anything you're saying my point was that if he can make those kinds of throws with that trajectory (in the gifs) then he has adequate arm strength to be successful at the next level. 

I wasn't trying to say he could win an uncle Rico contest with Mahomes and Allen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-10-2019, 03:25 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I may be the only person on the planet not concerned with Grier's arm strength. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I know the guy likes to put some air under the ball a bit too often, but he's got plenty of arm strength to be coached up and makes all the throws in a pro offense IMO.
Like I said he doesn't have a canon but he has enough. I really like him and he is my favorite QB in the draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2019, 02:25 PM by Caldrac.)

I am not overly concerned. But he did concern me slightly in that loss to Oklahoma. He turned it over two or three times. Some of it wasn't his fault. But he did put it on the ground twice and cost his team a ton of momentum. That's not to say he can't improve that at the next level. Manning was famous for not getting it done in the big games too when he was at Tennessee. Didn't deter the clots from taking him over Leaf. 

I do like Grier. I would say personally I have him and Haskins as 1A and 1B. I think you can't go wrong with either guy. And you'll start to see a lot more separation once the combine and interviews start happening. I would be happy with him here though. If they can get him in RD2 or with one of those RD3 selections that would be ideal. 

But, there's always a possibility or concern that you may have to move back up to get him late on draft night. Which is probably going to be the case.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."