Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A purchase in the near future

https://foldimate.com

About to buy a house but this is something I am going to get when it comes out.  Cant wait

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

HA !!!

Decent concept but the only shirts we fold are our t-shirts. Thus, I'd still need to hang dress shirts and golf shirts (which I wear to work). Now, if one could just dump the clothes from the dryer into that contraction then it would be very cool. Right now it still looks like you have to insert each shirt 1 by 1 in an organized manner for it to fold appropriately. At $980 it's still a lot cheaper than getting married ... lol

(01-09-2019, 10:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://foldimate.com

About to buy a house but this is something I am going to get when it comes out.  Cant wait

The kids are learning the value of doing chores and earning money by doing things like folding laundry.

Throwing a grand at this machine undermines that teaching, and you still are left with having to put everything in dressers or closets, standing over the machine while it folds, likely losing a shirt or two to 'paper jams', and having to fold everything else that doesn't fit the folding template.

I see this having use in a commercial setting, where repetitive folding for hours on end every day would be either a burden or health concern to workers, and things like uniforms are the only thing being washed.

Or you could just invest in a wife...

(01-09-2019, 01:50 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Or you could just invest in a wife...

Wifes are expensive in the long run, and they only end up taking 1/2 your stuff when they are unsatisfied
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-09-2019, 01:40 PM)Mikey Wrote:

The kids are learning the value of doing chores and earning money by doing things like folding laundry.

Throwing a grand at this machine undermines that teaching, and you still are left with having to put everything in dressers or closets, standing over the machine while it folds, likely losing a shirt or two to 'paper jams', and having to fold everything else that doesn't fit the folding template.

I see this having use in a commercial setting, where repetitive folding for hours on end every day would be either a burden or health concern to workers, and things like uniforms are the only thing being washed.

Good points

(01-09-2019, 01:52 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 01:50 PM)TJBender Wrote: Or you could just invest in a wife...

Wifes are expensive in the long run, and they only end up taking 1/2 your stuff when they are unsatisfied
Gotta keep em satisfied then.....

I’m glad I hang everything except shorts, socks and underwear. Also glad I don’t own a dress shirt or pants.

(01-09-2019, 05:06 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m glad I hang everything except shorts, socks and underwear.  Also glad I don’t own a dress shirt or pants.

you don't own pants ???

I'm glad I keep everything in the dryer until I need it.

(01-09-2019, 01:40 PM)Mikey Wrote:

Laughing I never got money for doing chores. My mom said "do it" so I did. Hanging clothes on the line, taking them down/folding them/putting them away, ironing, shining my stepdad's boots, washing dishes, cleaning the bathroom, mowed the lawn, stacked firewood, etc. 

In the 80's most of us did what our parents told us to do for the most part. We may have rolled our eyes and complained for a minute but we did it without expecting anything. It never occurred to us that we were "owed" anything. At least not among anyone I knew. We learned the value of earning money when we got after school jobs.

(01-09-2019, 06:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 05:06 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m glad I hang everything except shorts, socks and underwear.  Also glad I don’t own a dress shirt or pants.

you don't own pants ???

Lol.  I realized how it read after posting.  I almost edited it but figured I’d wait for someone to comment.  I just don’t own dress pants or khakis.

(01-09-2019, 07:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm glad I keep everything in the dryer until I need it.

I’ve been guilty of this on more than a few occasions.

Very cool but I'll wait a few years when the price drops
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 03:17 PM by Mikey.)

(01-09-2019, 06:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

you don't own pants ???

No shaming of the Scots who post here, please.

(01-09-2019, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 06:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: you don't own pants ???

Lol.  I realized how it read after posting.  I almost edited it but figured I’d wait for someone to comment.  I just don’t own dress pants or khakis.

Leasing pants is the way to go.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 06:08 PM by Jags.)

(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 06:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: you don't own pants ???

No shaming of the Scots who post here, please.

(01-09-2019, 07:30 PM)Jags Wrote: Lol.  I realized how it read after posting.  I almost edited it but figured I’d wait for someone to comment.  I just don’t own dress pants or khakis.

Leasing pants is the way to go.

Well, I’ll tell you it this, it bites you in the butt whenever you turn them back in and they have traded paint due to an unfortunate rear ending.