Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trading Telvin

(04-29-2019, 06:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-27-2019, 06:16 PM)knarnn Wrote: No vagueness here:

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status...65344?s=21

That's all fine and good, but if Coughlin had said, "no comment" or something like that, that would have confirmed the rumor.  The only thing he can say is "No," because any other answer is the same as "Yes."  Dave's comment was revealing.  TC's comment was just trying to clean up Dave's comment.

No cleaning up there. TC commented first making it clear that he hasn't heard anything about us potentially trading Telvin.

Dave was fueling the fire on the trade talk, but he didn't say anything to actually suggest anything has happened yet.
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This is a weird situation. I love Telvin and the way he plays. I'm surprised about questions regarding his leadership; as he's shown in the past to have great leadership skills. I really wish we knew what was going on. He's one of my favorite players on the team and I'd hate to lose him; especially if they already asked him for a contract adjustment...... If that's true, I'm worried TC is going down that path with contracts that got him out of the Jville the first time.....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(04-30-2019, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dealing Smith now frees up money for the Big 3 starting next year.

And what team would trade for an undersized 4-3 WLB who's owed $12.5m this season?

I don't think they could deal him right now, even if they wanted to, but if they did, it'd do us more harm than it'd do good right now. You'd be blatantly opening up a big hole on this Defense.

I look forward to what Williams could do for us in the future at WLB, but he is not ready to take over for Smith now from day 1. He's going to need at least a year to learn the ropes.

Smith is likely to be cut/dealt next off season imo. Seeing as his dead money drops from $13.4m this year, to $5.6m next season.

(04-30-2019, 06:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 12:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dealing Smith now frees up money for the Big 3 starting next year.

And what team would trade for an undersized 4-3 WLB who's owed $12.5m this season?

I don't think they could deal him right now, even if they wanted to, but if they did, it'd do us more harm than it'd do good right now. You'd be blatantly opening up a big hole on this Defense.

I look forward to what Williams could do for us in the future at WLB, but he is not ready to take over for Smith now from day 1. He's going to need at least a year to learn the ropes.

Smith is likely to be cut/dealt next off season imo. Seeing as his dead money drops from $13.4m this year, to $5.6m next season.

My thoughts as well  ^

(04-30-2019, 06:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Someone with the need.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!