Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stadium Talk

(01-13-2019, 05:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 05:15 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: Everyone keeps saying it's such an "old" stadium, but how does that manifest itself? How, specifically, is Bank such a lesser stadium than other places higher on the list?

Forget about the age of the stadium, it's not about age, it's about money. TIAA Bank Field is still missing certain revenue streams other, newer stadiums have. It's not as bad as it could, since the stadium was built with luxury suites and has since been renovated enough to keep a decent revenue stream going, but my guess is that in it's current state it's simply not bringing as much high level revenue as it can be if it were renovated.

I've heard the revenue stream thing before, but really what revenue streams are missing from TIAA? The newer stadiums have a bit nicer amenities in some cases, no doubt but premium seating and fan specialty areas exist in most stadiums these days. The main source of revenue remains the fans and keeping them coming to the stadium and spending money is the main thing, good football, food and beverages choices, premium seating options, connectivity, etc.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2019, 07:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 05:57 PM)DragonFury Wrote: Forget about the age of the stadium, it's not about age, it's about money. TIAA Bank Field is still missing certain revenue streams other, newer stadiums have. It's not as bad as it could, since the stadium was built with luxury suites and has since been renovated enough to keep a decent revenue stream going, but my guess is that in it's current state it's simply not bringing as much high level revenue as it can be if it were renovated.

I've heard the revenue stream thing before, but really what revenue streams are missing from TIAA? The newer stadiums have a bit nicer amenities in some cases, no doubt but premium seating and fan specialty areas exist in most stadiums these days. The main source of revenue remains the fans and keeping them coming to the stadium and spending money is the main thing, good football, food and beverages choices, premium seating options, connectivity, etc.

I don't know. Maybe TI isn't on par with Jerry's World, but it didn't appear below average in the luxury box area to me. It is like a sports bar in there, with complete bars offering any drink there is. That's why I' scratching my head.

(01-13-2019, 10:05 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:59 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I've heard the revenue stream thing before, but really what revenue streams are missing from TIAA? The newer stadiums have a bit nicer amenities in some cases, no doubt but premium seating and fan specialty areas exist in most stadiums these days. The main source of revenue remains the fans and keeping them coming to the stadium and spending money is the main thing, good football, food and beverages choices, premium seating options, connectivity, etc.

I don't know. Maybe TI isn't on par with Jerry's World, but it didn't appear below average in the luxury box area to me. It is like a sports bar in there, with complete bars offering any drink there is. That's why I' scratching my head.

I live here in DFW now and honestly the separate Frisco Star complex he built is cool but the stadium is okay.  I'm not keen on having another superbowl here in DFW.  I love the area very, very much and overall it is one of the better moves I have made while working for the death star corporation (stadium sponsor).  Arlington is kinda of way west of where the cultural downtown area is and the corporation area.  The weather sucks here in January/February.  New Orleans is more party in a tighter area.  Weather is nicer in Florida/California.

Last time I was in Jacksonville I was impressed with the growth levels.  I would love for a new stadium to be a show piece of all the projects Khan is embracing.  I love the traffic in and out of the stadium.  People can get moved in and out of there better than most other stadiums.  The one time I went to Juruh World I spent more time driving then the length of the game.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-14-2019, 12:23 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 10:05 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: I don't know. Maybe TI isn't on par with Jerry's World, but it didn't appear below average in the luxury box area to me. It is like a sports bar in there, with complete bars offering any drink there is. That's why I' scratching my head.

I live here in DFW now and honestly the separate Frisco Star complex he built is cool but the stadium is okay.  I'm not keen on having another superbowl here in DFW.  I love the area very, very much and overall it is one of the better moves I have made while working for the death star corporation (stadium sponsor).  Arlington is kinda of way west of where the cultural downtown area is and the corporation area.  The weather sucks here in January/February.  New Orleans is more party in a tighter area.  Weather is nicer in Florida/California.

Last time I was in Jacksonville I was impressed with the growth levels.  I would love for a new stadium to be a show piece of all the projects Khan is embracing.  I love the traffic in and out of the stadium.  People can get moved in and out of there better than most other stadiums.  The one time I went to Juruh World I spent more time driving then the length of the game.

I have never attended a game at Jerry's world but I had a client in the DFW area and was blown away with the size of the entire area, including the airport, wow. 

I will say getting to and fro Jags' games is not that bad. You sit forever after a Steelers' game in Pitt. As a matter of fact, it is so jam packed with traffic after a game, you usually fire the grill back up and do more tailgating since you aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Traffic after a Jags game is not all that bad in comparison, especially if you're parked in one of the outer lots.