Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marlboro To Stop Making Cigarettes

Marlboro To Stop Making Cigarettes

The classic red, white, and black logo normally seen alongside the “Marlboro Man” was something many of us grew up with as a part of advertising culture here in America. Whether you smoked or not – you knew what Marlboro was.

https://countryrebel.com/marlboro-to-sto...lnbS6QTUiE
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wow. That is a shocker.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 01:21 PM by EricC85.)

Wow wonder how long until I have to find a different smoke

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/marlbo...roduction/

Ha fake news now I celebrate with a smoke
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

So...chewing gum now?

I smoked back when a pack was $0.35 ... What are they now?

(01-13-2019, 08:35 PM)Sammy Wrote: I smoked back when a pack was $0.35  ... What are they now?

Marlboro Red is €7 for a pack of 20 over here.

Is there a pack that isn't 20?

Do you smoke DF?

I remember buying them at work ... put a quarter and a dime in the machine, and pull the lever. Go back to the conference room for the 2pm office meeting and share one of the ashtrays with the rest of the staff.  Couldn't wait for the no smoking sign to be turned out on a plane. Heck, smoking in the movie theater, even.

Something I seen on the discovery channel a few months ago, an old 80's video of a meeting between the Soviet Union, and the USA and half the diplomats in the room were smoking at the large conference table.

I don't smoke, I had to look it up but I knew it was something ridiculous. I can get a bottle of blended Scotch for €10 and that's whole lot more fun.

(01-13-2019, 08:35 PM)Sammy Wrote: I smoked back when a pack was $0.35  ... What are they now?

$5.35 for Marlboro Reds.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

They are 10.00 a pack here in Washington state

I'm not a smoker but over here they're £11 ($14) per pack.
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-17-2019, 08:13 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm not a smoker but over here they're £11 ($14) per pack.

That's a lot to pay just to get [BLEEP] up lungs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-18-2019, 08:13 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:13 PM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: I'm not a smoker but over here they're £11 ($14) per pack.

That's a lot to pay just to get [BLEEP] up lungs.

There are physical and psychological benefits to smoking as well.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-18-2019, 09:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 08:13 AM)Rico Wrote: That's a lot to pay just to get [BLEEP] up lungs.

There are physical and psychological benefits to smoking as well.

Which include? 

Or did I miss the sarcasm?

(01-18-2019, 03:42 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 09:53 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There are physical and psychological benefits to smoking as well.

Which include? 

Nicotine is a stimulant and works like caffeine in many ways.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/newslette..._good_side

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 09:13 AM by Jags.)

(01-19-2019, 09:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:42 PM)Jags Wrote: Which include? 

Nicotine is a stimulant and works like caffeine in many ways.

Ok.  In that case, I’d think one would be better off using lozenges, patch or gum. I doubt the pros of nicotine outweigh the cons of the carcinogens and tar in cigarettes or gum disease, jaw cancer if one dipped.  Nicotine itself, from my understanding, is not harmful.  Addictive, but won’t kill you by itself.

(01-19-2019, 09:13 AM)Jags Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 09:04 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Nicotine is a stimulant and works like caffeine in many ways.

Ok.  In that case, I’d think one would be better off using lozenges, patch or gum. I doubt the pros of nicotine outweigh the cons of the carcinogens and tar in cigarettes or gum disease, jaw cancer if one dipped.  Nicotine itself, from my understanding, is not harmful.  Addictive, but won’t kill you by itself.

Sure, I agree.