Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Divisional Playoff Games

(01-12-2019, 11:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: The Cowboys are not a good football team, and if they pay Dak they're going to regret it.  The Rams have not been themselves for weeks.

The cowboys are a pretty good team with a middling QB and coaching staff. 

A couple of talented pass rushers - three talented linebackers - one good corner - two good receivers - three when Beasley is healthy - one promising TE - a good but no longer great O-Line  - and a very good RB.

I think the limitations of the QB and coaches  - and probably the interior D-Line are their issues.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2019, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 11:20 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: The Cowboys are not a good football team, and if they pay Dak they're going to regret it.  The Rams have not been themselves for weeks.

The cowboys are a pretty good team with a middling QB and coaching staff. 

A couple of talented pass rushers - three talented linebackers - one good corner  - two good receivers - three when Beasley is healthy - one promising TE - a good but no longer great O-Line  - and a very good RB.

I think the limitations of the QB and coaches  - and probably the interior D-Line are their issues.

A fair assessment.  My preexisting biases are obvious.

I have no idea why the Rams are playing so soft in the secondary.

(01-12-2019, 11:33 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 11:31 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The cowboys are a pretty good team with a middling QB and coaching staff. 

A couple of talented pass rushers - three talented linebackers - one good corner  - two good receivers - three when Beasley is healthy - one promising TE - a good but no longer great O-Line  - and a very good RB.

A fair assessment.  My preexisting biases are obvious.

I have no idea why the Rams are playing so soft in the secondary.

Good example of the coaching there.

Run it at Ndamakong Suh on 4th and 1

??? Cry ???

This fat Anderson is better than fournette

He has a much better oline. I doubt Anderson would be looking so good for us

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 11:52 PM by JagFan81.)

Rams making hard work off seeing off the Cowboys here. Dallas D not been able to get a stop all night. 

Anderson is having a game! Every playoffs some guy has a blow up game. 

Dallas, as always, are about 4-5 guys on both sides of the ball away, and it looks like their keeping Garrett. 

Rans really missing Kupp in the redzone, they've really struggled with that tonight.

Dante Fowler sucks

Not going for the onside? 

Haven't stopped the Rams all night. Big call by Garrett.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 12:16 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(01-12-2019, 08:47 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: The only reason the Colts got this far is because they played the Texans.

I am inclined to agree, despite their wins, our division isn't good.

I have to wonder if Jerry regrets forcing Romo out now? I guess Dax is cheaper, but still.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Feel so old, I'm 2 years older than Sean McVay

(01-13-2019, 12:14 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:47 PM)DuvalJag Wrote: The only reason the Colts got this far is because they played the Texans.

I am inclined to agree, despite their wins, our division isn't good.

I have to wonder if Jerry regrets forcing Romo out now? I guess Dax is cheaper, but still.

Romo was done.  Injuries forced him out.  But Dak is not the answer.

Sweet no Texans, no Colts, and no Cowboys.Chargers it’s up to you now.

Dak is decent in same boat as luck they will need a loaded team to get a championship like Flacco got his

(01-13-2019, 12:24 AM)DuvalJag Wrote: Sweet no Texans, no Colts, and no Cowboys.Chargers it’s up to you now.

So you've been rooting for the same teams I have, I see. Cheers, sir!

(01-13-2019, 12:26 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Dak is decent in same boat as luck they will need a loaded team to get a championship like Flacco got his

Luck is much much better QB than the other two. They arent even in the same discussion.

luck has 12 tds to 13ints and like a 56 percent completion rating in the playoffs after 8 appearances. Oh and a passer rating in the 70s.

He isn't what he is hyped.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 08:31 AM by jagherd.)

Chargers vs Pats should be a good one.

Chargers have not lost a game on the road all season (which includes a playoff road win last week in Balt).

Then again, none of those road games compare to having to play at Gillette for a playoff game against Brady, BB, and the refs.

However, if the Chargers win it, what an AFCC Game matchup it would be (KC vs Chargers). If there's a team that could most likely go into KC and defeat them in a title game, it would be the Chargers.
You just KNOW Andy Reid doesn't want anything to do with that scenario, lol.

Chargers are a very good team. They have a real shot of beating the Pats today.

I'm rooting for the Chargers. It could end the "love" story in NE with Brady.
It would be cool to see Gus having some success again as a coordinator. He is just not made for head coaching.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2019, 08:57 AM by Jags.)

(01-13-2019, 02:09 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 12:24 AM)DuvalJag Wrote: Sweet no Texans, no Colts, and no Cowboys.Chargers it’s up to you now.

So you've been rooting for the same teams I have, I see. Cheers, sir!

Same here.  If Chargers win today, I’m a happy camper the rest of the way to the Super Bowl.  Doesn’t really matter to me after that who advances.  But I’d like to see Chiefs/Saints.  Let the best team win.

(01-13-2019, 08:28 AM)jagherd Wrote: Chargers vs Pats should be a good one.

Chargers have not lost a game on the road all season (which includes a playoff road win last week in Balt).

Then again, none of those road games compare to having to play at Gillette for a playoff game against Brady, BB, and the refs.

However, if the Chargers win it, what an AFCC Game matchup it would be (KC vs Chargers). If there's a team that could most likely go into KC and defeat them in a title game, it would be the Chargers.
You just KNOW Andy Reid doesn't want anything to do with that scenario, lol.

Chargers are a very good team. They have a real shot of beating the Pats today.

Agree on all.  I think Chargers have a better chance than the Jags did last year against them.  And after all, the Jags should have won that one.   I said last year, NE isn’t what they used to be.  They’re beatable.  Don’t get me wrong, it won’t be easy.  But an automatic trip to the SB for them it’s not.

(01-13-2019, 07:33 AM)lastonealive Wrote: luck has 12 tds to 13ints and like a 56 percent completion rating in the playoffs after 8 appearances. Oh and a passer rating in the 70s.

He isn't what he is hyped.

He's miles ahead of someone like Bortles, but he's clearly not Tom Brady at this point. It's been said many times but it bears repeating, he's made his reputation beating up weak opponents in the AFC South and with a big comeback on one of the worst playoffs teams ever, the chiefs with Alex Smith.

To give an idea of how bad the Alex Smith chiefs were from a fading perspective, even the titans with a bad QB were able to come back on them.