Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars hire George Warhop as Oline coach

(01-15-2019, 01:06 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:48 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: That's just what I was getting ready to post. We get someone like Warhop and if we had waited, we would have had a shot at Dave DeGuglielmo, who took one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL and turned them into one of the best.

I’m sure the heavy draft investments made this year into that line had nothing to do with it. 

Nope.

Strictly coaching.

Nobody said it was strictly one thing or another. Talent had a lot to do with it, but if you think coaching had nothing to do with it as well, that's just laughable.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-15-2019, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 01:06 PM)knarnn Wrote: I’m sure the heavy draft investments made this year into that line had nothing to do with it. 

Nope.

Strictly coaching.

Nobody said it was strictly one thing or another. Talent had a lot to do with it, but if you think coaching had nothing to do with it as well, that's just laughable.

Well, yes, actually the guy you agreed with did say that the o-line coach was the reason they went to the play-offs. 
You then said you were about to post the same thing.

(01-15-2019, 02:39 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 02:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Nobody said it was strictly one thing or another. Talent had a lot to do with it, but if you think coaching had nothing to do with it as well, that's just laughable.

Well, yes, actually the guy you agreed with did say that the o-line coach was the reason they went to the play-offs. 
You then said you were about to post the same thing.

You misread what I meant. I was saying that I was about to post that Indy fired their O-Line coach. Nothing more.

Marrone said that all of the candidates were happy with Warhop being the Oline coach.

He also said he's very strong with the run game , despite there not being any real evidence of that from his offensive lines.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Since there's not a Tim Walton thread: among the other people he spoke with Marrone said he is a good friend of Jim Schwartz which told him that he wasn't going to get any HC job this year but if he were a HC he would hire Tim Walton as one of his coaches.

(01-16-2019, 04:50 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Since there's not  a Tim Walton thread: among the other people he spoke with Marrone said he is a good friend of Jim Schwartz which told him that he wasn't going to get any HC job this year but if he were a HC he would hire Tim Walton as one of his coaches.

Saw that. I'd highly value anything Schwartz has to say on defense and I'm sure Doug does too , evidently.