Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kubiak Interview Scheduled (merged)

(01-12-2019, 03:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd definitely rather Foles but Flacco is the 2nd best option.  A change of scenary I think could be huge for Flacco.  He is a SB champ and has never really had a lot of help on offense.  What we want to do on offense and with Kubiak fits what we want to do.

How much you paying him to play here?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-12-2019, 03:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 03:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd definitely rather Foles but Flacco is the 2nd best option.  A change of scenary I think could be huge for Flacco.  He is a SB champ and has never really had a lot of help on offense.  What we want to do on offense and with Kubiak fits what we want to do.

How much you paying him to play here?

There would be no way I give him a big contract if we are gonna draft our future QB and I don't wanna give up any draft picks for Flacco. We need them to make additions on offense. Give me Haskins and whatever decent FA QB we can get at a reasonable price for a couple of years.

(01-12-2019, 03:44 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 03:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: How much you paying him to play here?

There would be no way I give him a big contract if we are gonna draft our future QB and I don't wanna give up any draft picks for Flacco. We need them to make additions on offense. Give me Haskins and whatever decent FA QB we can get at a reasonable price for a couple of years.
Agreed.

Ravens had the absolute best defense in the league and how did Flacco do? If you’re gonna play Flacco because of a good run game and defense, why not just play the rookie?

Yeah - I like the Kubiak news.

Lukewarm on the Flacco rumor.

If they do go after Flacco - I'd definitely be against it if it were to somehow persuade them from drafting a QB early.
That would be very ill-advised IMO.

Despite what opinions are on this draft class - I think they'd be foolish not to seek out young talent for the position - even if they don't start immediately.

Man, what a great offseason it was last year. No one here hoping the Jaguars would sign some other team's trash for some reason. If the Jaguars want to sign Flacco they should just stick with Bortles, at least then they wouldn't be wasting extra cap space on a guy that got benched for a QB that can barely throw a football.

I had a feeling about this as soon as I read that Kubiak was not returning to Denver last night.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Dibs on CarrBombed/Turndown's old "Fire Kubiak Club" avatar, you know the one written in the Fight Club soap. I want to get in early in case this happens and the offense remains terrible with everyone calling for him to be fired.

Absolutely have to go into next season better at the QB position. Otherwise it will be a wasted season while the window is open. Coughlin, Marrone and Caldwell's jobs are on the line. They can only keep their jobs if they draft a QB, and don't play him (Future Hope), or figure out how to get a vet and win now. It's their job, and they will either get a Manning, Flacco, or Bridgewater retread, or risk their necks with BB5. I don't see them doing that. Win, or have hope, or you are gone. It's that simple.

Like Kubiak. Why come to JAX? The personnel on the offensive side of the ball is so bad.

(01-12-2019, 06:08 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Like Kubiak. Why come to JAX?  The personnel on the offensive side of the ball is so bad.

They are going to have to convince every interviewee that comes through the door of some kind of plan to acquire talent for the offense. 

Outside of that -  There is the fact that any OC that signs on in JAX is going to have some major cushion from the defense.  Knowing that you can likely win 8 or 9 games by only putting up 20 to 24 points is a nice thing for an OC to have. 

Basically Cough-Well have to be able to give these guys answers they want to hear concerning offensive players they are hoping  to acquire  -- and hopefully TC isn't trying to keep all his cards too close to the vest on that. Which is probably his inclination.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/6/2/...ak-offense

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-12-2019, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/6/2/...ak-offense

Better get some receiving TEs in here if they lure Kubiak.

(01-12-2019, 08:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: https://www.milehighreport.com/2016/6/2/...ak-offense

Better get some receiving TEs in here if they lure Kubiak.
Kubiak makes TEs.

Those Texans teams didn’t have a bonafide TE.

(01-12-2019, 08:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Better get some receiving TEs in here if they lure Kubiak.
Kubiak makes TEs.

Sure, but I'd like to give him some better clay to mold than O'Shaughnessy and Bell.

(01-12-2019, 08:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Kubiak makes TEs.

Sure, but I'd like to give him some better clay to mold than O'Shaughnessy and Bell.

What about ASJ? I feel like he’d be good for Kubiak to work with

(01-12-2019, 10:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 08:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Sure, but I'd like to give him some better clay to mold than O'Shaughnessy and Bell.

What about ASJ? I feel like he’d be good for Kubiak to work with

I have a feeling he's cut.

Getting the vibe he's sort-of gone rogue again.   When he was hurt there was a bunch of weirdness and baby-mama-drama on his social media - and Marrone/Coughlin seem bent on putting an end to that stuff. Not sure if he was doing what was expected in his rehab. He was eligible to return late in the season - but they never activated him. 

If he can come back healthy and sane... sure, he'd be a good piece of the puzzle.

(01-12-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: What about ASJ? I feel like he’d be good for Kubiak to work with

Getting the vibe he's sort-of gone rogue again.   When he was hurt there was a bunch of weirdness and baby-mama-drama on his social media - and Marrone/Coughlin seem bent on putting an end to that stuff. Not sure if he was doing what was expected in his rehab. He was eligible to return late in the season - but they never activated him. 

If he can come back healthy and sane... sure, he'd be a good piece of the puzzle.

I hope that's not true about ASJ because the guy has talent. However, the class of tight ends is loaded with guys who will be successful starters in the NFL. After going quarterback and offensive line in the 1st two rounds, I believe they'll target one of these guys in round 3. Hockenson, Wilson, Smith and Sternberger are solid prospects and at least a couple of these guys will be available in round 3. Kubiak could help turn one of these guys into an effective receiving tight end.

(01-12-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:37 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: What about ASJ? I feel like he’d be good for Kubiak to work with

I think him not returning was more so there was no need for him to come back at that point so they didn't bother risking it.

I would take a Flacco/Kubiak combo

(01-12-2019, 11:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 10:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have a feeling he's cut.

I think him not returning was more so there was no need for him to come back at that point so they didn't bother risking it.

There was a standard Marrone presser around week 14 or15 I think - and Wells had recently come back. A reporter asked Marrone about ASJ returning as well.  I'm paraphrasing but it was largely the way Marrone said it that indicated something may be wrong - he basically said "I've got to work with the guys that are here in the building and ready to go." He seemed exasperated - but with the number of injuries - who wouldn't? 

Of course I'm reading tea leaves, but that ^ coupled with ASJ's i.g. posting at the time made it seem like maybe he wasn't getting his treatment in house. While on designated IR - he apparently fathered twins with a woman he was in a very tumultuous relationship with. (in another city) He had some of those "crazy person airing the dirty laundry" posts happening about the whole thing. Was not a good look. 

There was also this from Oehser - who would have m3ore insight on the situation than we do:

Quote:I do expect the Jaguars to release Seferian-Jenkins, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see an extensive overhaul at tight end overall.