Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kubiak Interview Scheduled (merged)

(01-13-2019, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 11:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think him not returning was more so there was no need for him to come back at that point so they didn't bother risking it.

There was a standard Marrone presser around week 14 or15 I think - and Wells had recently come back. A reporter asked Marrone about ASJ returning as well.  I'm paraphrasing but it was largely the way Marrone said it that indicated something may be wrong - he basically said "I've got to work with the guys that are here in the building and ready to go." He seemed exasperated - but with the number of injuries - who wouldn't? 

Of course I'm reading tea leaves, but that ^ coupled with ASJ's i.g. posting at the time made it seem like maybe he wasn't getting his treatment in house. While on designated IR - he apparently fathered twins with a woman he was in a very tumultuous relationship with.  (in another city) He had some of those "crazy person airing the dirty laundry" posts happening about the whole thing. Was not a good look. 

There was also this from Oehser - who would have m3ore insight on the situation than we do:

Quote:I do expect the Jaguars to release Seferian-Jenkins, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see an extensive overhaul at tight end overall.
Do  you have a link to that?  I would like to read some more on that.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-13-2019, 12:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:39 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: There was a standard Marrone presser around week 14 or15 I think - and Wells had recently come back. A reporter asked Marrone about ASJ returning as well.  I'm paraphrasing but it was largely the way Marrone said it that indicated something may be wrong - he basically said "I've got to work with the guys that are here in the building and ready to go." He seemed exasperated - but with the number of injuries - who wouldn't? 

Of course I'm reading tea leaves, but that ^ coupled with ASJ's i.g. posting at the time made it seem like maybe he wasn't getting his treatment in house. While on designated IR - he apparently fathered twins with a woman he was in a very tumultuous relationship with.  (in another city) He had some of those "crazy person airing the dirty laundry" posts happening about the whole thing. Was not a good look. 

There was also this from Oehser - who would have m3ore insight on the situation than we do:
Do  you have a link to that?  I would like to read some more on that.
I'd have to search through a dozen or more  different 8 minute Marrone vids on the site to find the quote I paraphrased. 
Not going to do that, but the O-zone bit is taken verbatim from yesterday's column. 

The social media stuff can be found at ASj's IG account, but he may have removed some of the weird stuff by now. 
I know I would if I were him. 

I'm just sharing what I know - believe me I'd prefer that he was healthy, motivated and ready to be part of the 2019 Jags offense. I'm just skeptical based on all of these clues.

(01-12-2019, 01:02 PM)rfc17 Wrote: I was living in Denver back in 90s when Kubes was there. That offense was fantastic. Not sure the NFL allows offensive lineman to dive at the back of defenders knees the way the Broncos line used to. But that zone blocking scheme is deadly when done well. I'd be cool with this.

Let's see.  4 Hall of Famers on that offense (Elway, Terrell Davis, S. Sharpe, Gary Zimmerman) + Rod Smith and Mark Scherleth.  

It would be pretty hard to screw up that offense

ASJ never excited me all that much. I'm crossing my fingers hoping the Jaguars manage to land Jared Cook in free agency.
'02

(01-14-2019, 12:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1084840576502190082

There's our BMW

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I got myself excited for Monken, but I think this is the next best fallback.

Kubiak ? This would be too good to be true...

I do not see why he would take the Jags offensive roster over the Vikings.

(01-14-2019, 01:36 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I do not see why he would take the Jags offensive roster over the Vikings.

He wouldn't be OC for the Vikings - they just signed their interim OC to a permanent job.

It's speculated that Kubiack would work with Kirk Cousins. Or something.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(01-14-2019, 01:36 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: I do not see why he would take the Jags offensive roster over the Vikings.

I don't know.  Maybe something crazy like money?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-14-2019, 01:48 PM)Rico Wrote:

I don't know.  Maybe something crazy like money?

I think there are caps on position coaches.

Which is ridiculous.

Khan should just put an empty check in front of kubiak and tell him to write his number.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(01-14-2019, 01:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:48 PM)Rico Wrote: I don't know.  Maybe something crazy like money?

Which is ridiculous.

Really? You sure? Not saying there isn't (there is no cap on Head Coaches - why would they be on assistants?) but I've just never heard of that before.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Tom Coughlin:
Now Gary, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to come in here and mold a new offense into something special. We've got our eye on some seriously lackluster prospects that you're really going to be not-so-excited about.

Tony Khan standing behind Coughlin in the boardroom of the Kismet II:

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-14-2019, 01:52 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think there are caps on position coaches.

Which is ridiculous.

Really? You sure? Not saying there isn't (there is no cap on Head Coaches - why would they be on assistants?) but I've just never heard of that before.

I'm just basing that on a tweet someone posted a week or so ago about not capping position coaches. I did zero research on it.

I just googled it and it said no caps on salaries.

(01-14-2019, 01:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:48 PM)Rico Wrote: I don't know.  Maybe something crazy like money?

Which is ridiculous.

Not that I have ever seen, unless I missed something trying to scour through the links that my Google search produced.

(01-14-2019, 01:56 PM)Rico Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:50 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think there are caps on position coaches.

Which is ridiculous.

Not that I have ever seen, unless I missed something trying to scour through the links that my Google search produced.

Mark Davis - Raiders owner:

“The National Football League has a salary cap for players, and so it’s very competitive,” Raiders owner Mark Davis said during Tuesday’s press conference (re)introducing Jon Gruden. “And there’s parity, so to speak. And I think one of the big differences in teams is the front office or the coaching staffs and those things. There’s no cap there.”

(01-14-2019, 01:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 01:56 PM)Rico Wrote: Not that I have ever seen, unless I missed something trying to scour through the links that my Google search produced.

Mark Davis - Raiders owner:

“The National Football League has a salary cap for players, and so it’s very competitive,” Raiders owner Mark Davis said during Tuesday’s press conference (re)introducing Jon Gruden. “And there’s parity, so to speak. And I think one of the big differences in teams is the front office or the coaching staffs and those things. There’s no cap there.”

^^ One of the many that I read.  ^^