Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts GM: Trade offer for Brissett must 'blow me away'

Brisette is probably on the same level as bortles, a decent back up nothing more why would any team trade a 2 nd rounder for him is beyond me.lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-26-2019, 11:09 PM)Mdjagsfan1989 Wrote: Brisette is probably on the same level as bortles, a decent back up nothing more why would any team trade a 2 nd rounder for him is beyond me.lol

Yeah, I'm sure you would've said the same thing about Matt Schaub back in 2007..

Also, in what world do you think that Blake Bortles is even a decent backup? He sucks and is a horrible QB.

Bortles is an average starter who's inconsistent like all other average starters.

Brissett managed 13 tds in 15 games and 4 victories he's a backup. No way anyone should spend a 2nd rounder you can get the same production off many journeyman qbs.

(01-27-2019, 08:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Bortles is an average starter who's inconsistent like all other average starters.

Brissett managed 13 tds in 15 games and 4 victories he's a backup. No way anyone should spend a 2nd rounder you can get the same production off many journeyman qbs.

If you're one of the worst QBs in the league 3/5 seasons you aren't average.

He always seemed slow and dumb to me.

(01-28-2019, 12:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He always seemed slow and dumb to me.

There's been a lot of people posting in this thread, you might have to clarify that statement. Laughing

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2019, 06:46 PM by Sammy.)

(01-28-2019, 12:23 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: He always seemed slow and dumb to me.

Geeez ... lay off lastonealive.

You're mean.

(01-27-2019, 08:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 08:26 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Bortles is an average starter who's inconsistent like all other average starters.

If you're one of the worst QBs in the league 3/5 seasons you aren't average.

If you are one of the worst qbs in the league you don't start 5 seasons?

(01-28-2019, 08:53 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 08:28 PM)JackCity Wrote: If you're one of the worst QBs in the league 3/5 seasons you aren't average.

If you are one of the worst qbs in the league you don't start 5 seasons?

You do if you look promising in year 2

Remember they made it an open competition for 2017 and he won that too and had a good season.

Outside of his 2nd year he's never actually had a good receiving target and often been throwing at rookies.

Wonder what the story would be if he had TY and Ebron or just Hopkins.

(01-28-2019, 09:41 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Remember they made it an open competition for 2017 and he won that too and had a good season.

Outside of his 2nd year he's never actually had a good receiving target and often been throwing at rookies.

The open competition with Chad Henne? Yea 2017 was counted as one of the two seasons out of 5 where he wasn't one of the worst QBs in the league. 

You can play the what if game all you want but the proof is in the pudding so to speak. He's a bad NFL QB but will play in the league for a long time

Surely 2 good seasons and 3 bad including his rookie year suggests he's pretty average.

Then factor in never having a great running back or receiver (Allen Robinson one season wonder aside)and hey maybe he's not as bad as perceived.

There can be no doubt that he has the least amount of talent around him in the division.

(01-29-2019, 01:38 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Surely 2 good seasons and 3 bad including his rookie year suggests he's pretty average.

Then factor in never having a great running back or receiver (Allen Robinson one season wonder aside)and hey maybe he's not as bad as perceived.

There can be no doubt that he has the least amount of talent around him in the division.

Nope. 3 seasons where you are one of the worst QBs in the league would outweigh one average year and one above average year. Especially when we've watched him since he's a rookie. He's led the league in turnovers, batted passes and been the worst 4th quarter QB in the league since being drafted.    

I think Jags fans still have stockholm syndrome from that year 2 because we finally had a QB we drafted that looked like he was on his way to being something. Paired with his cool personality I can see why it's hard to look objectively at him (like most people can at this point) and see he's not good.

(01-28-2019, 09:41 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Remember they made it an open competition for 2017 and he won that too and had a good season.

You are the king of losing debates without any help. Ebron played 4 years with an average QB (Stafford), and was well below average for his drafting position ... Then he all of a suddenly became good when he was catching passes from Luck?

Maybe if Luck had the receivers the Jags have had, they would have magically been better as well.

I doubt it.

No jags receiver of tightend has done much since leaving.

Hopkins puts up numbers on matter who throws the ball.

So luck made Reggie Wayne I guess too?

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 08:39 AM by JackCity.)

(01-30-2019, 10:21 PM)lastonealive Wrote: I doubt it.

Still not sure how this disproves all the evidence we have of Blake being bad

What does Reggie have to do with this discussion?  Is your debating technique solely to talk in circles until the other poster gives up?  Tongue    You used Ebron in your debate to prop up Bortles by comparing the lack of talent he had to work with at the TE position.  I pointed out Ebron was just a guy before playing with Luck, and didn’t think your use of Ebron supported your argument like you believed it had.  A good QB gets more out of the supporting cast around him than a mediocre QB does. Pretty simple observation if you ask me.

(01-31-2019, 11:51 AM)Sammy Wrote:

What does Reggie have to do with this discussion?  Is your debating technique solely to talk in circles until the other poster gives up?  Tongue    You used Ebron in your debate to prop up Bortles by comparing the lack of talent he had to work with at the TE position.  I pointed out Ebron was just a guy before playing with Luck, and didn’t think your use of Ebron supported your argument like you believed it had.  A good QB gets more out of the supporting cast around him than a mediocre QB does. Pretty simple observation if you ask me.

....so like when Julius Thomas was hot buttered backside once he didn't have Peyton throwing to him? @Not that I'm bitter about that or anything.@

(01-31-2019, 11:51 AM)Sammy Wrote:

Ebron would still be the best TE on the jags roster. He also has a similar amount of yards as he had in Detroit just was more of a redzone target. 

Well by your theory Bortles made Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns obviously must be superior to Dak and Trubisky...

Which is funny because Trubisky is already better than Luck and Bortles

(01-31-2019, 04:31 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 11:51 AM)Sammy Wrote: What does Reggie have to do with this discussion?  Is your debating technique solely to talk in circles until the other poster gives up?  Tongue    You used Ebron in your debate to prop up Bortles by comparing the lack of talent he had to work with at the TE position.  I pointed out Ebron was just a guy before playing with Luck, and didn’t think your use of Ebron supported your argument like you believed it had.  A good QB gets more out of the supporting cast around him than a mediocre QB does. Pretty simple observation if you ask me.
Ebron would still be the best TE on the jags roster. He also has a similar amount of yards as he had in Detroit just was more of a redzone target. 

Well by your theory Bortles made Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns obviously must be superior to Dak and Trubisky...

Which is funny because Trubisky is already better than Luck and Bortles

That's a good point, Robinson and Hurns would be a couple of the best receivers in the game if they played with Luck.

It doesn't take much to be better than Bortles, so I'm not sure why you would use him as a QB measuring stick. Do you mean like Bortles is less than one quarter as good as Trubisky?