Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags hire Terry Robiskie as RB coach

(01-15-2019, 10:15 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: wow....he's been around a long time.....and was the OC for the tacks when they beat us twice in 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Robiskie

Like I said he brings a wealth of knowledge with him. He’s called an entire offense. I think he can handle a room of 4-5 running backs. And from what i understand, he’s a no nonsense guy. All of those antics LF pulled last season won’t fly with Robiskie.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

His son Brian played here- going off memory. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(01-15-2019, 11:13 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: His son Brian played here- going off memory.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. He was a 2nd round pick of the browns. We picked him off the waiver wire heap during our dark times at WR.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 11:19 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-15-2019, 11:13 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: His son Brian played here- going off memory.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you'd quit using Bing you could easily verify in 2 seconds.  Ha !!  j/k

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2019, 11:27 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(01-15-2019, 11:19 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

If you'd quit using Bing you could easily verify in 2 seconds.  Ha !!  j/k

lol. Oh no... I used to store 49 phone numbers in my head back in the 90's.  I'm stubborn when it comes to submitting to Siri  - -Gotta train the brain, wut I always say

(01-15-2019, 11:16 AM)knarnn Wrote:

You are correct. He was a 2nd round pick of the browns. We picked him off the waiver wire heap during our dark times at WR.

Ok, yeah.. thought so.  One of those guys u root for but, just... nothing - (or just not enough of whatever brought a glimmer of promise in some of these guys that have come and gone)

Ok, yeah.. thought so.  One of those guys u root for but, just... nothing - (or just not enough of whatever brought a glimmer of promise in some of these guys that have come and gone)

You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(01-14-2019, 11:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: FWIW, I’m ok with the Robiskie hire. Dude has a ton of knowledge to bring to the table and has overseen entire offenses. I don’t think RB coach will be that much of a daunting task. At a bare minimum, he’ll bring discipline to the RB room. And it certainly doesn’t hurt being a LSU alum.

The years of experience and authority will be very valuable in those position group meetings.

No Sunshine Law in the NFnL makes it tough to figure out. Something does appear to be amiss with the OC not having a say in the assistants. Dang! Who is going to want to be a marionette in this circus?

Sarcasm Code Red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 12:04 PM by scottyg.)

(01-14-2019, 11:00 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Most of these guys never had primes.

This guy here is dead!

"Run it till it pops"
[Image: incredulous.gif]

https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...7468614656

Marrone elaborated quite a bit on this hire. While he praised Robiskie qualities and knowledge as a coach and all that (with the quote above) I found interesting when he was asked about the meeting with Fournette (which he said it went well, he thinks) he answered and then brought up Robiskie again.
He said that Robiskie is one of those people who has the ability to relate well with all kinds of people, that can earn their trust, good at communicating with them and getting the most out of them. It was quite telling about the situation they had (have) going on with Fournette.

(01-15-2019, 08:43 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: No Sunshine Law in the NFnL makes it tough to figure out. Something does appear to be amiss with the OC not having a say in the assistants. Dang! Who is going to want to be a marionette in this circus?

Sarcasm Code Red

Only for people that don't understand that the Head Coach hires the assistant/position coaches, not the OC.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-16-2019, 06:01 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 08:43 PM)Shelley Thompson Wrote: No Sunshine Law in the NFnL makes it tough to figure out. Something does appear to be amiss with the OC not having a say in the assistants. Dang! Who is going to want to be a marionette in this circus?

Sarcasm Code Red

Only for people that don't understand that the Head Coach hires the assistant/position coaches, not the OC.

If you're using that as a blanket statement you're incorrect. OCs being allowed to bring in their own position staff is common. 

Marrone even mentioned today that OCs like to have to hire their own offensive line coach, thankfully he said each of the candidates was happy with Warhop.