Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Surgery today

(01-16-2019, 02:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Any update?  Are you sharing weird news stories with any cute nurses this morning?

Still doing ok with minimal pain so.....

Nurses are nice except when they wake you at 2am for vitals and meds

Y'all be great with the well wishes so have fun y'all

Cool -- I didn't previously see that you reported back with an update last night so it's great to hear everything went well.   Fresh hips are critical to our relevant lifestyle of being loyal Jaguars Message Board Posters.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Home now, been discharged so..... It's going to be a long road
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-16-2019, 07:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Home now, been discharged so..... It's going to be a long road

They didn’t send you to a rehab center first? Are they going to be doing outpatient rehab for you?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Super late to the party but, fwiw, good luck on the rehab. Glad surgery went well.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 08:13 PM by The Drifter.)

(01-16-2019, 08:02 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:24 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Home now, been discharged so..... It's going to be a long road

They didn’t send you to a rehab center first? Are they going to be doing outpatient rehab for you?

Insurance probs with the rehab center, we're working on it........

Got home health care coming tomorrow so we'll see

(01-16-2019, 08:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Super late to the party but, fwiw, good luck on the rehab.  Glad surgery went well.

Don't worry about it, thank you for the well wishes
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(01-16-2019, 04:08 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 02:20 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Still doing ok with minimal pain so.....

Nurses are nice except when they wake you at 2am for vitals and meds

Y'all be great with the well wishes so have fun y'all

Cool -- I didn't previously see that you reported back with an update last night so it's great to hear everything went well.   Fresh hips are critical to our relevant lifestyle of being loyal Jaguars Message Board Posters.

Chips...fresh CHIPS are critical...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I’m glad to hear everything worked out well, Drifter. Did you get the extended warranty on the new hardware?

I would think they would have kept you at the hospital if there was a discharge.

@@

(01-17-2019, 06:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m glad to hear everything worked out well, Drifter. Did you get the extended warranty on the new hardware?

I can see his mailbox 3 years from now. ‘
‘Our records indicate your 2019 hip’s warranty is about to expire.  Call us today to extend your warranty otherwise it could be too late.  Below is a list of common hip problems and the current cost to fix them.”

Glad to hear you are home and doing reasonably well Drifter. Be cautious and careful getting around until the wheels heal a little bit. It would have been nice to have heard you were in a rehab center for awhile first.

(01-17-2019, 05:38 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 06:57 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m glad to hear everything worked out well, Drifter. Did you get the extended warranty on the new hardware?

I can see his mailbox 3 years from now. ‘
‘Our records indicate your 2019 hip’s warranty is about to expire.  Call us today to extend your warranty otherwise it could be too late.  Below is a list of common hip problems and the current cost to fix them.”

Hopefully his insurance payment is settled before a repo man shows up at the door.

(01-17-2019, 12:05 PM)Mikey Wrote:

I would think they would have kept you at the hospital if there was a discharge.

@@

Especially if it was something you picked up on Court Street.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(01-17-2019, 08:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 05:38 PM)Jags Wrote: I can see his mailbox 3 years from now. ‘

Hopefully his insurance payment is settled before a repo man shows up at the door.
Well, crap... I had what I thought was a good reply until I remembered Lorenzo Llamas (portrayed)  and Dog we’re bounty hunters not repo guys.

Just an update, my recovery is going well and I seem to be getting stronger every day so...... I'll be back on my feet in no time baring complications

Good to hear you're recovering well, Drifter. Did you end up doing your therapy with home health? My experience with home health has been great.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

That is great Drifter. It amazes me what they can do these days. Hip replacement just sounds so painful, and scary as hell to boot.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 09:22 AM by The Drifter.)

(01-20-2019, 10:27 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Good to hear you're recovering well, Drifter.  Did you end up doing your therapy with home health? My experience with home health has been great.

Home Health is helping with the Nursing stuff and Physical Therapy so.....

And I also have PT off site at my surgeons office

Thanks for the well wishes

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 10:32 AM by The Drifter.)

(01-21-2019, 08:59 AM)Sammy Wrote: That is great Drifter. It amazes me what they can do these days. Hip replacement just sounds so painful, and scary as hell to boot.

Sammy, it was a little scarey but...... I had complete faith in my surgeon, a Dr. Rishi Gupta......

Here's his website: https://www.cfaortho.com/our-doctors/170...Gupta,_M.D.

As for the pain, nothing more than the usual post operative stuff and that's being controlled with medication

Drifter, I'm glad that you are doing well after the surgery. I hope each day brings you closer to a complete recovery.

(01-21-2019, 05:40 PM)D6 Wrote: Drifter,  I'm glad that you are doing well after the surgery.   I hope each day brings you closer to a complete recovery.

Thank You