Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CNN analyst accuses black man of white privilege not knowing he is black

(01-16-2019, 03:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "white privilege" thing is made up.

I'm just saying, it might not be as big of a deal as some people say, but it is a real thing.  
Maybe it's a small enough deal that we don't need to make it part of the national political discussion.  Or maybe not.  But it does exist.

It's a "real thing" for people that view others based on race, sexual orientation, etc.  you know... people that feel the need to put others into categories.  It's a made up thing for people that think rationally.  I have/had no more and no less opportunity than any white or black man.  I have experienced discrimination directed against me (sometimes still do).  That doesn't make me any "less privileged" than a white person.  I make a pretty good living due to my own hard work and have provided a good life for my wife and children.  It doesn't make me any more or less "privileged" than anyone else.

The term "white privilege" was made up to justify the laziness and lack of core values by some people.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 04:51 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(01-16-2019, 02:44 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Well this certainly took a turn in an unforeseen direction.

I’m just sitting here eating popcorn and hamberders watching this thread
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 05:10 PM by Kane.)

(01-16-2019, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:02 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: The "white privilege" thing is made up.

Are you white? If so, would you trade places with a black man?

Which black man?
Obama?
Lebron?
Kap?
DangerRuss?
Russell Simmons?
Dr. Dre?

Sure... even dealing with stupid hateful racist whites. I'd gladly swap places with them.
Because as a relatively poor white man who has been hassled by the cops before (by hassle I mean, they were pretty much just doing their jobs, even though they likely profiled me for what I was driving, what I looked like and where I was) I don't see the privilege. Never have. 
As a young white ginger boy growing up in the lower income neighborhoods I was often teased and bullied by black kids. But that was before "white privilege" was a thing I suppose.

White privilege is a made up term by rich entitled white people (aka Democrats) to further divide white and black people (usually of lower incomes) by demonizing one race (whites). It's really racism at it's finest. It's just disguised as being a victim.
"I automatically think this of you because of your skin color" is the epitome of racism. No matter which race it goes against. No matter who is saying it.

I implore everyone to go listen to Jesse Lee Pederson. A black man who will tell you the truth about everything from BLM to white privilege to income inequality.
And I imagine many of you like this guy would call him uncle Tom or whatever.

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you have any thing to add about the topic?

You don't think that question adds to the topic? I'm sorry if that's the case.  Maybe you could answer it also.

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Which one?
Chris Rock had a joke about this.  He said no white person would trade places with him, and he's rich.
But a more interesting question is, would you trade places, without getting to pick who?  Any random black person in the US.

Sorry I should have read everything before posting I would have realized the goal posts moved.

Nah I ain't randomly trading places with anyone regardless of color or race.
What if I end up as a heshe or worse... a shehe....

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Do you have any thing to add about the topic?

You don't think that question adds to the topic? I'm sorry if that's the case.  Maybe you could answer it also.

(01-16-2019, 02:09 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Which one?
Chris Rock had a joke about this.  He said no white person would trade places with him, and he's rich.
But a more interesting question is, would you trade places, without getting to pick who?  Any random black person in the US.

Why would anyone switch with anyone if they don't get to pick who it is? That's absurd.

I wouldn't do that if they were white, either.

White People: the cause of and solution to all of life's problems!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Mikey, you’d have more takers if you asked if people would switch and become an animal. Like a ferocious lion or an elephant. Something that flies. Idk. I’d imagine only inmates and the super depressed (like the ones family needs to keep a close eye on) would be the only people I’d think would switch with anyone.

I’ll answer the animal one too. Nope. Wouldn’t switch into an animal either. That may make me a species-ist. Idk, don’t care either.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 06:15 PM by Jags.)

Ha, the one person that did say yes reneged. If you laugh, you’re racist.

Flsprtsgod said I should loosen up and take everything here less seriously.
Maybe I'm taking his advice.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 07:31 PM by Caldrac.)

Depends on the situation that black man is in. I wouldn't trade places with anyone in general. But hypothetically speaking. Let's say that black man was in a much better position than me right now as a white man. Would I trade? Hailllll Yeahhhh I would trade!

I would love to be Jay-Z for a day. Just so I could eat Beyonce's booty! 
I wouldn't mind being Jalen Ramsey for a day. Just so I can talk [BLEEP] to anybody and play football with a better body. 
I would love to trade places with a scholar such as Cornel West. He's ALWAYS a good read or listen. 

Or, hell. I would be happy swapping places with any black man that makes a better living than me. 

Question is though. Would they want to swap places with me? I doubt it. And that's the problem with this type of thinking and question. Because, in a way, you're basically saying that ALL black men have it harder in life than ALL white men. Which we know is just a false statement. I am not saying there's discrepancies in various areas. I'll give you that one. Is there injustice? Yes. Is there an unfair amount of black men being criminally charged for something as petty as holding a sack of weed? Yes. I agree. 

But the same can be said for just about every race on this planet in various parts and corners of the world. It's a loaded question man. You know it. We all know it. But you can't just generalize or paint with a wide brush laced with B.S over an entire race of people. It's honestly a numbers game. 

Would you swap places with a white farmer in South Africa?
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 07:38 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-16-2019, 07:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Are you white? If so, would you trade places with a black man?

I would love to be Jay-Z for a day. Just so I could eat Beyonce's booty! 

Bruh

[Image: giphy.gif]

(01-16-2019, 07:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would love to be Jay-Z for a day. Just so I could eat Beyonce's booty! 

Bruh

[Image: tenor.gif]

Fresh out the shower first of course. As Tracy Morgan once said. "I would eat a mile of [BLEEP] just to get to Beyonce's booty". Of course, that's a little too extreme for my taste. My question for Beyonce would be though. "Do you prefer syrup? Or jelly?".

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(01-16-2019, 07:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:26 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I would love to be Jay-Z for a day. Just so I could eat Beyonce's booty! 

Bruh

There are times I think I take things too far.  This has me questioning those times.  
However, if we’re going that route...there a long list of people I wouldn’t mind being.

(01-16-2019, 07:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:36 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Bruh

There are times I think I take things too far.  This has me questioning those times.  
However, if we’re going that route...there a long list of people I wouldn’t mind being.

Jay-Z is worth a whopping $900M. That's just his net worth. When you add in Beyonce's net worth they're worth well over $1B in net worth combined. Jay-Z is a living embodiment of the American Dream. He started off in the projects. Slinging rocks to make end's meet. He went through true struggle. Overcame a lot of hard obstacles most young black men face till this day. He honestly did it during a harder era. I would love to be that dude for just a DAY. Just to see what's going on through his head. He's sharp as a tack man. 

He doesn't even write his rap lyrics down. He keeps them stored in his brain like a machine. I'll tell you another black man I would love to be for just a day. DAVE CHAPELLE. That dude is hilarious as [BLEEP], but, again, he's very, very good at what he does. And he's another guy where I would like to pick his brain for a bit. I have seen him really, REALLY sit down and talk about real issues and all of the criticism he's had to face and deal with throughout his career. Dave is admirable. I love that guy. If you watch ANY of his stand-up specials on Netflix. The Bird Revelation is a MUST watch if you like comedy. 

Slash is another guy I would love to be for a second. That guy plays the guitar at such a great level. I would love to be able to play an instrument like that. I could go on and on with a list as well.

(01-16-2019, 07:50 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:41 PM)Jags Wrote: There are times I think I take things too far.  This has me questioning those times.  

Jay-Z is worth a whopping $900M. That's just his net worth. When you add in Beyonce's net worth they're worth well over $1B in net worth combined. Jay-Z is a living embodiment of the American Dream. He started off in the projects. Slinging rocks to make end's meet. He went through true struggle. Overcame a lot of hard obstacles most young black men face till this day. He honestly did it during a harder era. I would love to be that dude for just a DAY. Just to see what's going on through his head. He's sharp as a tack man. 

He doesn't even write his rap lyrics down. He keeps them stored in his brain like a machine. I'll tell you another black man I would love to be for just a day. DAVE CHAPELLE. That dude is hilarious as [BLEEP], but, again, he's very, very good at what he does. And he's another guy where I would like to pick his brain for a bit. I have seen him really, REALLY sit down and talk about real issues and all of the criticism he's had to face and deal with throughout his career. Dave is admirable. I love that guy. If you watch ANY of his stand-up specials on Netflix. The Bird Revelation is a MUST watch if you like comedy. 

Slash is another guy I would love to be for a second. That guy plays the guitar at such a great level. I would love to be able to play an instrument like that. I could go on and on with a list as well.

I’m not going to argue their accomplishments.  Kudos to them for making something out of nothing and/or using the gifts they have to better themselves.   That part is awesome and what makes America what it is.  Anyone with the skills or natural ability/gifts has the opportunity to do something similar.  Maybe not with the fame but the point remains.  I was merely just calling you out, for lack of other words, on wanting to be Jay-Z just to ‘eat Beyoncé’s booty.’  It was more so in good fun.  I’m not really hurting for money, but if in doing that netted me some of her $ then I’d have to think about it too.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2019, 08:37 PM by MyBloodIsTeal.)

I would trade with Morgan Freeman.  The problem I have with just trading with any random black man is there is a 93% chance I would and up a democrat.  No thanks.

By the way keep in mind Rachael Doziel took this challenge so you can't say nobody would.

(01-16-2019, 08:36 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: I would trade with Morgan Freeman.  The problem I have with just trading with any random black man is there is a 93% chance I would and up a democrat.  No thanks.

This made not only me, but my pet Bald Eagle laugh.

We haven’t even brought up Lebron James?! I’ll take the best athlete on the planet for a day please.

Add in Idris Elba and Usain Bolt too.

what do you mean trade places? Would I still be married to my wife and have my kids or are we talking Freaky Friday pick a random guy and switch places? That's a dumb questions would you trade places with any random person?

do you mean would I elect to be a different color if I had that magical power? or should we just talk about what you're really implying, that because my skin is lighter than my mother and sisters I'm some how privileged and they are not. I mean surely white privilege doesn't extend to dark Spanish women correct? But it would to me since I have a more Canadian skin tone like my Father, I guess I'm only half privileged, a white washed minority if you will.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-16-2019, 09:30 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: We haven’t even brought up Lebron James?! I’ll take the best athlete on the planet for a day please.

Add in Idris Elba and Usain Bolt too.

The Hollywood Lebron who Flops? Or the younger Lebron who played the game more physical
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(01-16-2019, 09:57 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: Are you white? If so, would you trade places with a black man?

what do you mean trade places? Would I still be married to my wife and have my kids or are we talking Freaky Friday pick a random guy and switch places? That's a dumb questions would you trade places with any random person?

do you mean would I elect to be a different color if I had that magical power? or should we just talk about what you're really implying, that because my skin is lighter than my mother and sisters I'm some how privileged and they are not. I mean surely white privilege doesn't extend to dark Spanish women correct? But it would to me since I have a more Canadian skin tone like my Father, I guess I'm only half privileged, a white washed minority if you will.

I'm thinking more like freaky Friday.  You have your own mind and memories, but everyone thinks you are the other person. 
Yes, if you think too hard about it, you'd have to say no, no matter how successful the other person was, because the whole process would drive most people insane.
But on a superficial, gut reaction level, none of that is supposed to matter.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.