Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If we are gonna trade up for Haskins..

And I personally do not believe he is the answer to our hopes and dreams...but if that's the way we are going, I don't understand why we would still overspend on someone like Foles or Flacco as a bridge guy. I would go sign Tyrod for much cheaper. He will protect the football, which is ultimately the biggest reason Bortles will be out the door. If we employ the same run first philosophy behind a healthy O-Line with a smart QB that doesn't give the ball away, Tyrod could help us win games and also be a good veteran presence for our up and coming draft QB. I would feel good going into next year with that versus spending on a higher profile free agent. Forgive me if this has been brought up and discussed in earlier threads. Haven't been on in a few days. Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Is haskins who we really want. With the New OC im not sure Haskins is the right QB. Haskins is a Tom Brady Drop Back pocket QB who is not very mobile. I think Difillipo would rather have a mobile type QB like mahomes or watson.

(01-16-2019, 04:41 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Is haskins who we really want. With the New OC im not sure Haskins is the right QB. Haskins is a Tom Brady Drop Back pocket QB who is not very mobile. I think Difillipo would rather have a mobile type QB like mahomes or watson.
Did you talk to Flip?

He had Cousins this past season. Wentz and Foles the season before that. He was the QB coach during Derek Carrs pro bowl season. So do you have any basis to claim that Haskins isn't the right fit?

(01-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 04:41 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Is haskins who we really want. With the New OC im not sure Haskins is the right QB. Haskins is a Tom Brady Drop Back pocket QB who is not very mobile. I think Difillipo would rather have a mobile type QB like mahomes or watson.
Did you talk to Flip?

He had Cousins this past season. Wentz and Foles the season before that. He was the QB coach during Derek Carrs pro bowl season. So do you have any basis to claim that Haskins isn't the right fit?

lol.  Football acumen is terrible on here.

(01-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Did you talk to Flip?

Well with cousins he didnt make it through the whole season. Wentz and Foles are mobile QBS and LOL Carr. Yall want a mahomes eagles type offense, that requires a Mobile QB and the knock on haskins is he is more a drop back passer then a mobile type QB. im just questioning weather he is the right fit. if you design a offense and put the wrong QB in the system it wont work but hey lets go for it we can screw around untill lawrence is ready.

I don’t see them spending big in FA AND selling the farm for Haskins or whoever they like in the draft. I can see one or the other. I think if they get Foles then that allows them to beef up the line and address WR and TE. If there’s a signing of a Tyrod, Fitzpatrick or Flacco, then I can see them making a move for their guy in the draft. Idk, what they have planned, but I think they’re on a short leash. I’d imagine a winning season or bust for the FO. The big question is, if that’s true, what do they feel they need to do to get back to 2017. We will debate on that all off season. I just don’t know how much will be best for the franchise vs ‘best for the franchise and us(front office)’

I've gone from psyched about Haskins to still excited but wondering. Nearly every highlight I've seen so far, he shows a tendency to lock on to his primary receiver from prior to the snap until he throws the ball. If his primary isn't there, he takes off. I'm sure there's instances where he scans the field, just haven't seen it much yet. When he does throw it though it makes you say wow. I'll have to watch some Ohio State games. 50 TDs with 70% completions at the college level is remarkable.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(01-16-2019, 04:56 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 04:51 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Did you talk to Flip?

lol.  Football acumen is terrible on here.

LOL I had to look that one up

according to my dad Haskins isn't a good qb,and would also get hurt eaisely cause he runs to much.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Foles is mobile? Compared to what?

(01-16-2019, 04:59 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

Well with cousins he didnt make it through the whole season. Wentz and Foles are mobile QBS and LOL Carr. Yall want a mahomes eagles type offense, that requires a Mobile QB and the knock on haskins is he is more a drop back passer then a mobile type QB. im just questioning weather he is the right fit. if you design a offense and put the wrong QB in the system it wont work but hey lets go for it we can screw around untill lawrence is ready.

You have the football knowledge of a rock

Personally, I think Haskins would be a very good fit for DeFilippo's offense.

(01-16-2019, 06:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Foles is mobile? Compared to what?

Foles is mobile compared to richie incognito.

(01-16-2019, 06:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: according to my dad Haskins isn't a good qb,and would also get hurt  eaisely cause he runs to much.

I don't think your dad watches Haskins.

(01-16-2019, 04:59 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:

I think you need to go watch more games.

Foles is not mobile. Mahomes runs when he has to but that guy keeps his eyes downfield every single play. And you laugh at Carr but the pro bowl season he had was lights out.

Again. Go watch some more football.

(01-16-2019, 06:29 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: according to my dad Haskins isn't a good qb,and would also get hurt  eaisely cause he runs to much.

Tell your dad to get his eyes checked because Haskins isn’t a running QB.

I've seen some rate Tyrod on par with Bridgewater as a top FA option so I really don't think he'll be all that much cheaper, if at all, than Foles and Flacco. Also, I really don't think Tyrod is any better than Blake.
'02

(01-17-2019, 09:02 AM)HolsterHusto Wrote:

Tell your dad to get his eyes checked because Haskins isn’t a running QB.

Byron Leftwich ran more than Haskins tbh lol
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(01-16-2019, 07:58 PM)jessepeck1213 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 06:38 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Foles is mobile? Compared to what?

Foles is mobile compared to richie incognito.

I was curious and looked it up for the lols and Richie actually ran the 40 faster than Foles did coming out of college lol. 4.9 for Richie and 5.1 for Foles. Richie carrying 62 more lbs lolol.