Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Doug Marrone: Leonard Fournette 'in really good place'

Doug Marrone: Leonard Fournette 'in really good place'

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...good-place

After a disappointing season for Jaguars running back Leonard Fournette, head coach Doug Marrone confirmed that he met with the former No. 4 pick to clear the air.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A really good place but still wants his money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...uarantees/

(01-17-2019, 10:56 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: A really good place but still wants his money.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...uarantees/
He really didn't have a choice in the matter as the NFLPA doesn't want the precedent set for teams being able to do that. I'm sure he wants his money, who wouldn't, but at the same time the NFLPA was going to appeal no matter what.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I think the average NFL shelf life is like what 3 years... Heck yeah you want your money.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(01-17-2019, 03:16 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think the average NFL shelf life is like what 3 years...  Heck yeah you want your money.

While astrophysicists work their entire lives to help further all of humanity and won't even sniff 1% of the money these moronic athletes make.

Sad market.

A good place you say? Hell yeah he is good. Got 17.9 million signing bonus and has only had to play in 21 football games to earn it. Lets see, 17.9 million divided by 1479 total yards rushing, 487 receiving yards = $9104.78 per yard. Good place? You betcha.

He will lose the appeal. I'm sure his agent pushed it as to ever think about having another client.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 12:10 AM by B2hibry.)

(01-17-2019, 10:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: A good place you say? Hell yeah he is good. Got 17.9 million signing bonus and has only had to play in 21 football games to earn it. Lets see, 17.9 million divided by 1479 total yards rushing, 487 receiving yards = $9104.78 per yard. Good place? You betcha.

He will lose the appeal. I'm sure his agent pushed it as to ever think about having another client.

I think it’s standard NFLPA practice to appeal whether the players want to or not.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-18-2019, 12:09 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 10:04 PM)Jagwired Wrote: A good place you say? Hell yeah he is good. Got 17.9 million signing bonus and has only had to play in 21 football games to earn it. Lets see, 17.9 million divided by 1479 total yards rushing, 487 receiving yards = $9104.78 per yard. Good place? You betcha.

I think it’s standard NFLPA practice to appeal whether the players want to or not.

He'd be stupid not to appeal, win or lose. Worst case scenario for him is that he doesn't get his money.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(01-18-2019, 12:09 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

Correct. Unless he wants to make a lot of people angry and even then they still may appeal it for him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Guessing that place isn't the gym?

If the appeal gets denied, I just wonder if he'll still be in a "good place".
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Does he even have guarantees that aren't salary at this point? If he plays well and doesn't get cut, he gets his money anyway.