Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander?

(01-19-2019, 06:28 AM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think you'll be happier in Cuba or China.. where the government just tells you what to do and when to do it and you comply or you're arrested, tortured and killed. Or if the government suddenly decides they don't like you or your ethnicity or your sexual orientation and just eradicate you totally.

The irony of you using this stance to somehow defend Trump is hilarious.  If he had his way, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

This thread tells me all I need to know.  The man says years ago that any shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership.  Then he publicly says he's proudly taking responsibility.  Then he blames those evil dems.

It's amazing to me how effective populism is in this country.  Almost like we have almost no knowledge of history.

(01-18-2019, 11:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The Federal Workers, who are mostly Democrats, don't have a paycheck because Pelosi refuses to toss $6B into the budget. $6B is a drop in the budget, and neither party cares about overspending anyway. The refusal is because the Dems put hatred of Trump ahead of the welfare of their voters.

Trump is content to let the shutdown last forever

The pressure is all on Pelosi.

And so the bolded makes America great again, yeah?  That's a huge mother [BLEEP] problem.

America isn't great because of her government.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2019, 01:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think you'll be happier in Cuba or China.. where the government just tells you what to do and when to do it and you comply or you're arrested, tortured and killed. Or if the government suddenly decides they don't like you or your ethnicity or your sexual orientation and just eradicate you totally.

The irony of you using this stance to somehow defend Trump is hilarious.  If he had his way, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

This thread tells me all I need to know.  The man says years ago that any shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership.  Then he publicly says he's proudly taking responsibility.  Then he blames those evil dems.

It's amazing to me how effective populism is in this country.  Almost like we have almost no knowledge of history.

(01-18-2019, 11:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: The Federal Workers, who are mostly Democrats, don't have a paycheck because Pelosi refuses to toss $6B into the budget. $6B is a drop in the budget, and neither party cares about overspending anyway. The refusal is because the Dems put hatred of Trump ahead of the welfare of their voters.

And so the bolded makes America great again, yeah?  That's a huge mother [BLEEP] problem.

Reducing the Federal Government by permanently cutting the non-essential workers from the payroll would make America even greater. it's already great. MAGA was in reference to how the US bowed down to the demands of foreign countries under our previous 4 Presidents.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

It's sad and pathetic that you truly believe this

(01-20-2019, 12:35 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 06:28 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: The irony of you using this stance to somehow defend Trump is hilarious.  If he had his way, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

It's sad and pathetic that you truly believe this
I don’t believe the sheep truly believe the plethora of derogatory statements made towards the POTUS. It’s just the mainstream thing to do right now. It’s cool in the twitterverse where all the scholars hang. Even the Dems are banking on it as their 2020 rally cry. Makes them feel less incompetent in numbers. At least there was a slyness in the past but now it is worn as a pathetic badge of honor.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2019, 01:24 PM by mikesez.)

(01-19-2019, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 06:28 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: The irony of you using this stance to somehow defend Trump is hilarious.  If he had his way, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

America isn't great because of her government.

America is, great or not, because of her government. If we didn't have a government we would have to invent one, or devolve into a nominally Christian version of Afghanistan.

I'll agree that what lifts us up, from merely existing as a unified whole, to being great, is mostly not the government.
If we wanted to pass laws that would shut down non essential government functions in an orderly fashion, with consensus and planning, that would be fine. Doing it by hostage taking and brinksmanship, not knowing what comes next, definitely takes away from our greatness.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-20-2019, 01:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: America isn't great because of her government.

America is, great or not, because of her government. If we didn't have a government we would have to invent one, or devolve into a nominally Christian version of Afghanistan.

I'll agree that what lifts us up, from merely existing as a unified whole, to being great, is mostly not the government.  
If we wanted to pass laws that would shut down non essential government functions in an orderly fashion, with consensus and planning, that would be fine.  Doing it by hostage taking and brinksmanship, not knowing what comes next, definitely takes away from our greatness.

Sad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-20-2019, 01:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: America isn't great because of her government.

If we wanted to pass laws that would shut down non essential government functions in an orderly fashion, with consensus and planning, that would be fine.  Doing it by hostage taking and brinksmanship, not knowing what comes next, definitely takes away from our greatness.

That's just so childish.