Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What's good for the goose, is good for the gander?

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 02:11 PM by mikesez.)

(01-18-2019, 01:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 11:34 AM)mikesez Wrote: Yup.
That one soundbyte means that Chuck has no incentive to offer Trump anything new.
That one soundbyte can not be un-remembered.
The shutdown will never be anyone's fault but Trump's.
It ends with either him backing down, or an override of his veto after Republicans in Congress decide enough is enough.

And yet a significant portion of America is applauding him for that soundbite because they agree with his stance. That's what you miss for all your preening, that your perspective isn't shared among the Conservative half of America.

Prove it.

(01-18-2019, 01:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
That one soundbyte means that Chuck has no incentive to offer Trump anything new.
It ends with either him backing down, or an override of his veto after Republicans in Congress decide enough is enough.

I think you'll be happier in Cuba or China.. where the government just tells you what to do and when to do it and you comply or you're arrested, tortured and killed. Or if the government suddenly decides they don't like you or your ethnicity or your sexual orientation and just eradicate you totally.

I think I'd be happier here, thanks.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-18-2019, 12:47 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 09:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe TSA should be privatized and funded by the airlines they serve?

I don't think the TSA should've existed in the first place, nor do I think we should be spending billions of dollars on low-powered microwave ovens to see through people's clothes when there's all kinds of evidence out there that security is less effective today than it was on 9/10/2001. The microwave ovens wouldn't have detected the box cutters used on 9/11, and I think we've all seen firsthand the result of sourcing your high-security workforce off of Craigslist and advertisements on pizza boxes.

But I digress. The TSA never should have been founded to begin with. The only good they've done was provide me with loads of laughs and great stories from when I was but a wee businessman who constantly arrived at the airport early enough to screw with them for a few minutes (or, in Newark, 33 minutes) before getting on my way.

(01-18-2019, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet a significant portion of America is applauding him for that soundbite because they agree with his stance. That's what you miss for all your preening, that your perspective isn't shared among the Conservative half of America.

Prove it.

(01-18-2019, 01:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I think you'll be happier in Cuba or China.. where the government just tells you what to do and when to do it and you comply or you're arrested, tortured and killed. Or if the government suddenly decides they don't like you or your ethnicity or your sexual orientation and just eradicate you totally.

Your proof is a Nate Silver poll. Enough said...

(01-18-2019, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 01:46 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And yet a significant portion of America is applauding him for that soundbite because they agree with his stance. That's what you miss for all your preening, that your perspective isn't shared among the Conservative half of America.

Prove it.

Sez you.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-17-2019, 09:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: Sure.  She said she will discuss the wall after Trump opens the government back up.
She says that he should get nothing for this tactic. 
It reminded me of when people say they won't negotiate with terrorists.  You'll just get another hostage taken next month if you give them money for the hostage they have now.  Sucks that this is how she views our President, but, she is communicating this point of view quite clearly.

Then no.

It isn't negotiating if you're only willing to negotiate after you get what you want.

It also isn't negotiating when you set your end goal and leave meetings when you don't reach it immediately.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(01-18-2019, 02:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Prove it.

Sez you.

Sez me, too. Prove it.
- Bob Marley

(01-18-2019, 02:45 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 09:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Then no.

It isn't negotiating if you're only willing to negotiate after you get what you want.

It also isn't negotiating when you set your end goal and leave meetings when you don't reach it immediately.

What purpose is there to stay when Nancy said she had no intention of considering a wall?

Trump is trying to get something for both sides. Nancy and Chuck don't want to give anything. He's negotiating and they are not.

(01-18-2019, 02:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Sez you.

Sez me, too. Prove it.

Check social media.

Then ignore the profiles with zero friends and zero previous posts (those are the ones saying Trump sucks and the Dems are great).

The vast overwhelming majority of REAL people are fed up with the democrats refusing to do their damn jobs and represent their constituents.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 08:20 PM by mikesez.)

(01-18-2019, 03:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Sez me, too. Prove it.

Check social media.

Then ignore the profiles with zero friends and zero previous posts (those are the ones saying Trump sucks and the Dems are great).

The vast overwhelming majority of REAL people are fed up with the democrats refusing to do their damn jobs and represent their constituents.

I would never use social media as evidence.  You select your friends on social media.  You might avoid selecting people that you don't have a lot in common with.  The people that you do select might already know how you feel, and adjust their responses to you accordingly.

Even if neither of those things are true for your social media accounts, you still have the problem of the fact that the loudest group is not necessarily the most numerous group.

Are they in the same State yet? Same County? Same City, Same side of town? Same neighborhood? Same building? Same room? ... Which one is waiting for the other one to show up?

(01-18-2019, 02:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 12:47 PM)TJBender Wrote: I don't think the TSA should've existed in the first place, nor do I think we should be spending billions of dollars on low-powered microwave ovens to see through people's clothes when there's all kinds of evidence out there that security is less effective today than it was on 9/10/2001. The microwave ovens wouldn't have detected the box cutters used on 9/11, and I think we've all seen firsthand the result of sourcing your high-security workforce off of Craigslist and advertisements on pizza boxes.

But I digress. The TSA never should have been founded to begin with. The only good they've done was provide me with loads of laughs and great stories from when I was but a wee businessman who constantly arrived at the airport early enough to screw with them for a few minutes (or, in Newark, 33 minutes) before getting on my way.

(01-18-2019, 02:10 PM)mikesez Wrote: Prove it.

Your proof is a Nate Silver poll. Enough said...

Silver's final analysis before election day gave Hillary a 2 in 3 chance of winning the Presidency.  Everyone else had her 9 in 10 or better.  Trump getting elected was something of a fluke, with margins of around 10,000 voters in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.  He doesn't win without those states.  Polling is still a very inexact science, but no one does it better than Silver.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 08:30 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-18-2019, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Your proof is a Nate Silver poll. Enough said...

Silver's final analysis before election day gave Hillary a 2 in 3 chance of winning the Presidency.  Everyone else had her 9 in 10 or better.  Trump getting elected was something of a fluke, with margins of around 10,000 voters in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.  He doesn't win without those states.  Polling is still a very inexact science, but no one does it better than Silver.

Sooooo, the polls were wrong?

P.S. This is where you say yes.

This is what you said:

Nate silver says you're wrong. A lot of the media misunderstood the polls. but the poles themselves were basically right, that's why Hillary won the popular vote.

(01-18-2019, 03:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:45 PM)rollerjag Wrote: It also isn't negotiating when you set your end goal and leave meetings when you don't reach it immediately.

What purpose is there to stay when Nancy said she had no intention of considering a wall?

Trump is trying to get something for both sides. Nancy and Chuck don't want to give anything. He's negotiating and they are not.

Trump is desperate to loosen Ann Coulter's grip on his testicles. He has to build a wall. Pelosi will negotiate when he opens the government. Every day that passes puts more pressure on Trump.

He owns this.
- Bob Marley

(01-18-2019, 03:11 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:46 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Sez me, too. Prove it.

Check social media.

I talk with REAL people every day. In a blood red MAGA state.  They tell me you don't know what you're talking about, and see Trump for what he is, and the shutdown for what it is.
- Bob Marley

(01-18-2019, 08:28 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 08:19 PM)mikesez Wrote: Silver's final analysis before election day gave Hillary a 2 in 3 chance of winning the Presidency.  Everyone else had her 9 in 10 or better.  Trump getting elected was something of a fluke, with margins of around 10,000 voters in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan.  He doesn't win without those states.  Polling is still a very inexact science, but no one does it better than Silver.

Sooooo, the polls were wrong?

P.S. This is where you say yes.

This is what you said:

Nate silver says you're wrong. A lot of the media misunderstood the polls. but the poles themselves were basically right, that's why Hillary won the popular vote.

The polls said that the event was unlikely. Not that it was impossible.
Given that the unlikely event happened, the best performing algorithm is the one that assigned the highest likelihood to the event that actually occurred.
That algorithm, and those polls, belonged to nate silver.

(01-18-2019, 10:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 03:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: What purpose is there to stay when Nancy said she had no intention of considering a wall?

Trump is desperate to loosen Ann Coulter's grip on his testicles. He has to build a wall. Pelosi will negotiate when he opens the government. Every day that passes puts more pressure on Trump.

He owns this.

The Federal Workers, who are mostly Democrats, don't have a paycheck because Pelosi refuses to toss $6B into the budget. $6B is a drop in the budget, and neither party cares about overspending anyway. The refusal is because the Dems put hatred of Trump ahead of the welfare of their voters.

Trump is content to let the shutdown last forever.

The pressure is all on Pelosi.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(01-18-2019, 03:08 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: What purpose is there to stay when Nancy said she had no intention of considering a wall?

He owns this.

Trump feels zero pressure. Did buzzfeed tell you this?

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2019, 11:38 PM by B2hibry.)

He owns this.

To say and actually believe that Trump owns this by himself is, to put it nicely, disingenuous.

Curious to hear/see this 'major' POTUS brief on border security at 3 pm on Saturday. Have the popcorn ready. Should be interesting no matter how the pendulum swings.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-18-2019, 11:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 10:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Trump is desperate to loosen Ann Coulter's grip on his testicles. He has to build a wall. Pelosi will negotiate when he opens the government. Every day that passes puts more pressure on Trump.

He owns this.

To say and actually believe that Trump owns this by himself is, to put it nicely, disingenuous.

If you're trying to claim that his internet waterboys like you also own it, I won't disagree.

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 12:04 AM by B2hibry.)

(01-18-2019, 11:49 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 11:34 PM)B2hibry Wrote: To say and actually believe that Trump owns this by himself is, to put it nicely, disingenuous.

If you're trying to claim that his internet waterboys like you also own it, I won't disagree.
I'll own it all day long! Quite used to the dirty work that spineless folks pirouette around.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 06:32 AM by JaguarKick.)

(01-18-2019, 01:51 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

I think you'll be happier in Cuba or China.. where the government just tells you what to do and when to do it and you comply or you're arrested, tortured and killed. Or if the government suddenly decides they don't like you or your ethnicity or your sexual orientation and just eradicate you totally.

The irony of you using this stance to somehow defend Trump is hilarious.  If he had his way, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

This thread tells me all I need to know.  The man says years ago that any shutdown falls on the President's lack of leadership.  Then he publicly says he's proudly taking responsibility.  Then he blames those evil dems.

It's amazing to me how effective populism is in this country.  Almost like we have almost no knowledge of history.

(01-18-2019, 11:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 10:39 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Trump is desperate to loosen Ann Coulter's grip on his testicles. He has to build a wall. Pelosi will negotiate when he opens the government. Every day that passes puts more pressure on Trump.

He owns this.

The Federal Workers, who are mostly Democrats, don't have a paycheck because Pelosi refuses to toss $6B into the budget. $6B is a drop in the budget, and neither party cares about overspending anyway. The refusal is because the Dems put hatred of Trump ahead of the welfare of their voters.

Trump is content to let the shutdown last forever

The pressure is all on Pelosi.

And so the bolded makes America great again, yeah?  That's a huge mother [BLEEP] problem.