Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jeffrey Simmons - DT

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 04:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-12-2019, 03:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:07 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Most teams are staying away from women beaters, that coupled with the ACL tear, I don't see a team taking him in the top 2 rounds

- signed:

Cleveland Browns

See where it says Most*?

Dorsey drafted Hunt before his incident, otherwise I don't think he would ever signed him. That said if Hunt jus t.f turn his ACL a few days ago I doubt Dorsey would of signed him

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-12-2019, 04:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:57 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: - signed:

Cleveland Browns

See where it says Most*?

Dorsey drafted Hunt before his incident, otherwise I don't think he would ever signed him.  That said if Hunt jus t.f turn his ACL a few days ago I doubt Dorsey would of signed him

I've yet to see a talented player released/suspended over assault or domestic abuse charges NOT get picked up by another team unless that player was aging out anyway or full blown "crazy" in interviews. 

With that in mind - 
If Simmons interviews well, I'd wager he's much more likely to be selected in the second round than the third. 
Regardless of what I think of the assault and his character.

(02-12-2019, 04:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: See where it says Most*?

Dorsey drafted Hunt before his incident, otherwise I don't think he would ever signed him.  That said if Hunt jus t.f turn his ACL a few days ago I doubt Dorsey would of signed him

I've yet to see a talented player released/suspended over assault or domestic abuse charges NOT get picked up by another team unless that player was aging out anyway or full blown "crazy" in interviews. 

With that in mind - 
If Simmons interviews well, I'd wager he's much more likely to be selected in the second round than the third. 
Interviews well where?

(02-12-2019, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:33 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've yet to see a talented player released/suspended over assault or domestic abuse charges NOT get picked up by another team unless that player was aging out anyway or full blown "crazy" in interviews. 

With that in mind - 
Interviews well where?

You are aware each NFL team brings dozens of rookie prospects in for workouts and interviews, right? 

He'll get plenty of interviews.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 04:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-12-2019, 04:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Interviews well where?

You are aware each NFL team brings dozens of rookie prospects in for workouts and interviews, right? 

I thought you meant the combine

Maybe he will be the first player to ever get selected in the first 2 round with video of one hitting a girl? Or am I missing one?

(02-12-2019, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are aware each NFL team brings dozens of rookie prospects in for workouts and interviews, right? 

Maybe he will be the first player to ever get selected in the first 2 round with video of one hitting a girl? Or am I missing one?

I think it was Mixon that even with the disgusting video when he destroyed that girl's face still went in the second round (48 overall) in 2017

(02-13-2019, 06:34 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought you meant the combine

Maybe he will be the first player to ever get selected in the first 2 round with video of one hitting a girl?  Or am I missing one?

I think it was Mixon that even with the disgusting video when he destroyed that girl's face still went in the second round (48 overall) in 2017

Good call

The injury combined with the 2016 assault allegation will drop his stock. It would not shock me to see him available now at the beginning of the 3rd round.

(02-12-2019, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:49 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You are aware each NFL team brings dozens of rookie prospects in for workouts and interviews, right? 

Looks like he'll interview at the combine as well.

https://twitter.com/pfrumors/status/1099369192028028929

(02-23-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 04:54 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I thought you meant the combine

Looks like he'll interview at the combine as well.

Is this the first year they are doing this or have they always let the guys not aloud in the combine to interview?

(02-23-2019, 02:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 02:09 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Looks like he'll interview at the combine as well.

Is this the first year they are doing this or have they always let the guys not aloud in the combine to interview?

Pretty sure it's the first