Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(01-26-2019, 06:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A gem from Warren....

This billionaire NFL owner just paid $100M for a "superyacht" with its own iMax theater. I'm pretty sure he can pay my new #UltraMillionaireTax to help the millions of yacht-less Americans struggling with student loan debt. https://t.co/Gk4ifAkxdT

We got them trying to keep up with our owner...good, good.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Kamala already back peddling health care 24 hrs later. What a weak woman.

As the days pass, the Dems candidate strategy is emerging...throw it against the wall and see what sticks.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-30-2019, 10:25 AM)B2hibry Wrote: As the days pass, the Dems candidate strategy is emerging...throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Meanwhile, when guys like Bloomberg and Schultz actually look "normal", you know they have problems.

(01-30-2019, 11:08 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 10:25 AM)B2hibry Wrote: As the days pass, the Dems candidate strategy is emerging...throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Meanwhile, when guys like Bloomberg and Schultz actually look "normal", you know they have problems.
No doubt!!

By the time the debates roll around, Twitter will have already defined the narrow range of ideas which will be allowed to be "debated".

(01-30-2019, 12:23 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: By the time the debates roll around, Twitter will have already defined the narrow range of ideas which will be allowed to be "debated".

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status...29962?s=19 

Suspended from twitter for sharing a video of Kamala Harris literally talking about her views on truancy

(01-30-2019, 11:36 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-30-2019, 12:23 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: By the time the debates roll around, Twitter will have already defined the narrow range of ideas which will be allowed to be "debated".

https://twitter.com/WalkerBragman/status...29962?s=19 

Suspended from twitter for sharing a video of Kamala Harris literally talking about her views on truancy

He's suspended.  Why is not clear from what was posted.

I hope Beto runs. I frankly think he would win the Democratic nomination easily and probably destroy Trump in the election. Also, he's actually just a good person.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2019, 07:49 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-31-2019, 06:08 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I hope Beto runs.  I frankly think he would win the Democratic nomination easily and probably destroy Trump in the election.  Also, he's actually just a good person.

He couldn't even been Ted. 

He wouldn't have a chance.

(01-31-2019, 07:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 06:08 PM)JaguarKick Wrote: I hope Beto runs.  I frankly think he would win the Democratic nomination easily and probably destroy Trump in the election.  Also, he's actually just a good person.

One can win a general election nationwide without having won a general election in a deep red state first. I don't think O'Rourke can, but it's well within the realm of possibility that a popular Democrat could win national office despite not being able to carry their deep red home state.

It's been over 25 years since rednexas had a Democrat Senator.

(01-31-2019, 08:37 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 07:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: He couldn't even been Ted. 

One can win a general election nationwide without having won a general election in a deep red state first. I don't think O'Rourke can, but it's well within the realm of possibility that a popular Democrat could win national office despite not being able to carry their deep red home state.

As much as I dislike the guy, getting within 2 points of a prominent incumbent republican in texas was a pretty good showing.  I don't think he had anything to be ashamed of.  

As for his chances against trump...  lol.  If he puts another three on the board he and Schultz are going to run away with this thing.

Add big pharma supporter Spartacus Cory Booker to the list.

Democratic Presidential candidates: left, lefter, and leftest.

And they're going ape about Schultz coming in as a self-described "centrist." They're inviting him in! They are the ones who are causing his candidacy by abandoning the middle of the electorate.

(02-01-2019, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1...7981257729

This just in-
Medicare as we now know it lets anyone select a private, "Medicare Advantage" plan if they want.  
Why wouldn't "Medicare for All" do the same thing?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-01-2019, 03:33 PM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1...7981257729

Page not available. In any case, this dude normally has some pretty...let's say...skewed takes.

This means absolutely nothing.  He lost by like a 3% margin in a state that is so red it hurts (apart from like, 2 population centers).  I live here.

(02-01-2019, 05:42 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 07:48 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: He couldn't even been Ted. 

This means absolutely nothing.  He lost by like a 3% margin in a state that is so red it hurts (apart from like, 2 population centers).  I live here.

He also outspent him by $33 million.

He was close because Cruz isn't all that popular in Texas. Abbott received 400k more votes than Cruz did. Governorships always get a little bit more attention from their voters, but I'd bet you that Abbott would've destroyed Beto.