Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2020 Democratic Presidential Candidates

(02-18-2020, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Gabe Wrote: There's a Gary Gullman bit about Trump being a "billionaire" in here somewhere

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1229555606081691654

Wasn't overly thrilled with Obama's presidency, but he's got a right to take credit for creating a solid economy Trump hasn't screwed up like Bush...unless you want to talk national deficit.

So, using quarterly numbers to pad Barry's stats? Now do annual. 

I guess you can shape it however you want to fit a narrative these days. 

Trump is the most loathsome human being on the planet to the left, so this is basically the equivalent of your girlfriend breaking up with you to date a 300 pound bald guy with BO and bad breath then you claiming to everyone that you were the best boyfriend in the world.

Obama was term-limited.  The nation had to "dump" him regardless of if they wanted to.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2020, 10:40 AM by Gabe. Edit Reason: Numbers don't lie )

(02-18-2020, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Gabe Wrote: There's a Gary Gullman bit about Trump being a "billionaire" in here somewhere

Wasn't overly thrilled with Obama's presidency, but he's got a right to take credit for creating a solid economy Trump hasn't screwed up like Bush...unless you want to talk national deficit.

So, using quarterly numbers to pad Barry's stats? Now do annual. 

Trump is the most loathsome human being on the planet to the left, so this is basically the equivalent of your girlfriend breaking up with you to date a 300 pound bald guy with BO and bad breath then you claiming to everyone that you were the best boyfriend in the world.

Numbers from Forbes, despite the BO and bad breath.
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F...SHORE-.jpg]

Another re: unemployment. 
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2F...WOIDA-.jpg]
I'll play you in ping pong. 

(02-18-2020, 10:37 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 10:31 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: So, using quarterly numbers to pad Barry's stats? Now do annual. 

Obama was term-limited.  The nation had to "dump" him regardless of if they wanted to.

Hillary was Obama 2.0 and America dumped her for a reality TV star. Real America hated Obama and his policies and spoke clearly in 2016.

A REALITY TV star Mike!

(02-18-2020, 09:27 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 07:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Barry trying to take credit for the economy.

If it was so good, how did a billionaire reality TV star get elected after him?
There's a Gary Gullman bit about Trump being a "billionaire" in here somewhere

Unemployment rate in January 2009: 7.8%
Unemployment rate in January 2012  8.3% (after Obama's first three years)

A lot of the reduction after that (but just down to 8% and still higher than Bush after year four) was due to working age people giving up hope and no longer being counted by unemployment. That's not exactly an accomplishment to brag about.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-18-2020, 10:40 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:

Unemployment rate in January 2009: 7.8%
Unemployment rate in January 2012  8.3% (after Obama's first three years)

A lot of the reduction after that (but just down to 8% and still higher than Bush after year four) was due to working age people giving up hope and no longer being counted by unemployment. That's not exactly an accomplishment to brag about.
Bigger picture graph listed above.
I'll play you in ping pong. 

Let me add that it's a lot easier to reduce unemployment from a high number (especially if you just eliminate counting most of the jobless) than reducing it to the lowest value in 50 years. Note that the last time was in January 1969 at the peak of the Vietnam war. Trump did this without sending hundreds of thousands of American working-age citizens overseas.

Unemployment by year

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

This explains the various unemployment calculations (U3 is the only one reported) and how the calculation has been altered over time:

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_dat...ent-charts

BloomBern 2020

"Because neither of us are Democrats"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Meanwhile video surfaces of Bloomberg insulting farmers' intelligence  as well as the intelligence of factory workers.  Not good.  He is truly one of the democrat "elites"  that doesn't understand rural or middle America.  Farming takes plenty of "grey matter" and is not as easy as he thinks.

Of course, he's probably never tried to raise a crop of anything other than his bull [BLEEP].

I am really struggling and trying to find a democrat that could possibly be better than Trump.  What the democrat party is running doesn't come close.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I predict a Trump win at least equal to or better than Reagan's 2nd election and a major landslide victory.  I just don't see any democrat being able to beat him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-18-2020, 06:40 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Meanwhile video surfaces of Bloomberg insulting farmers' intelligence  as well as the intelligence of factory workers.  Not good.  He is truly one of the democrat "elites"  that doesn't understand rural or middle America.  Farming takes plenty of "grey matter" and is not as easy as he thinks.

Of course, he's probably never tried to raise a crop of anything other than his bull [BLEEP].

I am really struggling and trying to find a democrat that could possibly be better than Trump.  What the democrat party is running doesn't come close.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  I predict a Trump win at least equal to or better than Reagan's 2nd election and a major landslide victory.  I just don't see any democrat being able to beat him.

I saw it on Fox News earlier.  He doesn’t even meet the Dems background check.  (Paraphrasing). All the stuff he’s said in the past, if he was a Rep, he’d be dead meat.  That party has screwed themselves over.  Using their standards, NO ONE is electable.

Watching the debate now for a little entertainment.  What a circus!
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-19-2020, 10:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Watching the debate now for a little entertainment.  What a circus!

"I'LL TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY!!!!

"NO, I WILL!!!"

"ILL TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY AND PAY FOR YOUR BABYSITTER"

"I'LL TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY AND PAY FOR YOUR BABYSITTER AND PUT YOU ON THE BOARD OF THEIR COMPANY AND GIVE YOU ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS TO START YOUR OWN COMPANY!!!!"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-19-2020, 11:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-19-2020, 10:59 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Watching the debate now for a little entertainment.  What a circus!

"I'LL TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY!!!!

"NO, I WILL!!!"

"ILL TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY AND PAY FOR YOUR BABYSITTER"

"I'LL TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY AND PAY FOR YOUR BABYSITTER AND PUT YOU ON THE BOARD OF THEIR COMPANY AND GIVE YOU ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS TO START YOUR OWN COMPANY!!!!"

[Image: 0*LgFSsKL29gVdtF4N.gif]

After being punched in the face by the reality they will never beat Trump, we are now back to the Russian interference thing.

Democrats are a sad bunch.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 08:42 PM by Jags.)

(02-21-2020, 07:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: After being punched in the face by the reality they will never beat Trump, we are now back to the Russian interference thing.

I think you meant disease, or at least a mental illness.

(02-21-2020, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 07:25 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: After being punched in the face by the reality they will never beat Trump, we are now back to the Russian interference thing.

I think you meant disease, or at least a mental illness.

It's almost comical.........they waste all that air time before a national audience foaming at the mouth about Trump, rather than using the opportunity to put forth their own platforms.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2020, 09:06 PM by Jags.)

(02-21-2020, 09:03 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-21-2020, 08:41 PM)Jags Wrote: I think you meant disease, or at least a mental illness.

It's almost comical.........they waste all that air time before a national audience foaming at the mouth about Trump, rather than using the opportunity to put forth their own platforms.

Well, if they had something to run on, they would.  But we all know they don’t.  And they on know that as well.

The only one that made sense was Bloomberg.  And he was laughed off stage.

So with Russia helping Sanders, he has to drop out right? Maybe also be arrested?

(02-21-2020, 11:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: So with Russia helping Sanders, he has to drop out right? Maybe also be arrested?

Can't stop Russia from liking who they like. Now, is there any reason to believe Sanders is working with Russia? Did he hire a campaign manager who owes debts to any Russian oligarchs? Or a security advisor who likes to attend banquets with Putin? Or a foreign relations advisor that accepted a medal from Putin? Anything like that? No?  Probably no need to worry, then.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(02-21-2020, 11:02 PM)p_rushing Wrote: So with Russia helping Sanders, he has to drop out right? Maybe also be arrested?

No worries, his wife already taught him how to dodge an FBI investigation.