Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AJ Brown

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2019, 12:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

What are you guys thoughts on Brown at this point?  I always thought he was a bit overrated on the web with people mocking him in the top 10.  I now think he is a bit underrated in the mocks where a lot of mocks have him going in the 2nd round.  If we go QB or oline in the 1st and Brown falls to the 2nd I feel like he would be a steal.  An Boldin type WR with a little more speed.  We dont have any WR like him and he would add a different deminsion, I think he would be a great addition to our WR core especially if Chark improves and can be somewhat of a deep threat.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think he has decently high floor but there isn't much evidence of him playing and winning outside as he mostly ran from slot. No clue how his releases or get offs vs press are. Don't think he's he's comparable to Boldin as Boldin was a monster for contested catches.

Just his whole package seems like a consistent 800 yard a year guy but never a true #1 option.

As an Ole Miss alum I have watched all these WRs  for the past 3 years and I while I like AJ Brown a ton I would still prefer the others over him as it pertains to the Jags.

AJ is going to be a beast of a slot receiver but doesn't Dede fill that role as I don't think putting Dede/AJ Brown on the outside would maximize their abilities.

Obviously DK Metcalf is the stud of the trio based on "potential/athletic ability/size) but I would honestly prefer DeMarkus Lodge in the 3rd over AJ Brown in the 2nd.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9OYtGD7QO8

I'd rather have him teammate Demarkus Lodge

Find a way to draft N'Keal Harry and be done with it.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-01-2019, 05:38 PM)knarnn Wrote: Find a way to draft N'Keal Harry and be done with it.

Naw, Metcalf

Brown is still raw. As is Metcalf. Lodge is the most polished st the moment and should be a consistent #2 for his career. Brown is 6’1 and mostly was only used as a slot because the game plan was for him to just simply “get open” across the middle. Give him a year with good coaching and he will be a good #1
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Winners
A.J. Brown, WR, Mississippi: The big-bodied pass catcher from Ole Miss might've vaulted himself into the first round with a strong performance on the Lucas Oil Stadium turf. Brown clocked a 4.49-second 40-yard dash and displayed more explosiveness than anticipated. With Brown also showing exceptional hand-eye coordination on a series of one-handed catches, the Rebels' WR1 is in the mix to be a top-32 pick.

(02-01-2019, 01:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think he has decently high floor but there isn't much evidence of him playing and winning outside as he mostly ran from slot. No clue how his releases or get offs vs press are. Don't think he's he's comparable to Boldin as Boldin was a monster for contested catches.  

Just his whole package seems like a consistent 800 yard a year guy but never a true #1 option.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1111...30720?s=19

(03-30-2019, 05:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-01-2019, 01:25 PM)JackCity Wrote: I think he has decently high floor but there isn't much evidence of him playing and winning outside as he mostly ran from slot. No clue how his releases or get offs vs press are. Don't think he's he's comparable to Boldin as Boldin was a monster for contested catches.  

https://twitter.com/PFF_Mike/status/1111...30720?s=19

Will gladly hold my hand up and say I got him wrong, I'm a fan of his now.

If we go WR in the 2nd and hes there, its who I want

Brown would be fine but Deebo is probably the one I want, how quickly we forget his utter domination at the senior bowl. I don't know where Miles Boykin's stock is going to wind up either but if it's 2nd round I'd be quite happy with him too.

(03-30-2019, 07:56 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we go WR in the 2nd and hes there, its who I want

Don’t worry, he won’t be.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If Taylor turns out to be a franchise tackle he was the right pick. But Brown and Metcalf sure are good. Gonna be 2 of the best WRs in the league for the next 10 years. I do feel Taylor will be much improved though and be a great RT