Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hall of Fame (merged threads)

Found it, tonight during the NFL Honors show
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Boselli doesn't make it again.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 06:20 PM by MoJagFan.)

(02-02-2019, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Boselli doesn't make it again.

Prediction or already announced?

EDIT:  I did google/bing first before asking.  If it is a prediction, yeah sadly I'm betting he gets left out again.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-02-2019, 06:19 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 05:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: Boselli doesn't make it again.

Prediction or already announced?

EDIT:  I did google/bing first before asking.  If it is a prediction, yeah sadly I'm betting he gets left out again.

Already out on twitter

Kevin Mawae was the only OL to make it.

Discuss
Signature goes here.

We need to win consistently for a couple years

Nope Sad

[Image: ymefsv5bbc8nxl2sg2er.jpg]

He probably won't ever.... sad
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

He will eventually get in. He just didn’t play long enough. However he was simply the best. He stoned Bruce Smith during our first playoff game.

He stoned Jason Taylor and so many other great pass rushers

Boselli no doubt was one of the best tackles to ever play at one point in time. The issue is he did it for a very short time.

That is one heck of a hall of fame class. Every one of those players deserve it more than Boselli. If he had a longer career that would be a different arguement.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Now I doubt he ever gets in. Jags are going to be the last team with a hall of famer.

Terell Davis played in 78 career games. Boselli 90.

Come on now HOF. This is a joke.

(02-02-2019, 08:03 PM)Russian Wrote: Now I doubt he ever gets in. Jags are going to be the last team with a hall of famer.

You realize that would mean the Texans getting player in before Boselli and the only one who could be considered is JJ. Watt. 

Boselli will get in eventually. Mawae was his biggest competition this year. So, that makes it easier for Boselli next year.

The biggest issues with the HOF process are:
1. The silly 80% required vote after getting to the 5 modern finalists. I mean you got to 5 finalists, you really need a recheck, why even narrow it to 5 if you are going to revote?
2. Only allowing 5 modern finalists a year. That made sense maybe even 20-15 years ago. That makes absolutely no sense anymore. You need to admit between 7-10 a year. It's the same thing with all the HOF's.

(02-02-2019, 08:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Terell Davis played in 78 career games. Boselli 90.

I agree but TD had a couple rings.  They look at that, that being said he was one of the best ever

Too many first ballot players this year for him to have made it.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(02-02-2019, 08:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:03 PM)Russian Wrote: Now I doubt he ever gets in. Jags are going to be the last team with a hall of famer.

You realize that would mean the Texans getting player in before Boselli and the only one who could be considered is JJ. Watt. 

Boselli will get in eventually. Mawae was his biggest competition this year. So, that makes it easier for Boselli next year.

The biggest issues with the HOF process are:
1. The silly 80% required vote after getting to the 5 modern finalists. I mean you got to 5 finalists, you really need a recheck, why even narrow it to 5 if you are going to revote?
2. Only allowing 5 modern finalists a year. That made sense maybe even 20-15 years ago. That makes absolutely no sense anymore. You need to admit between 7-10 a year. It's the same thing with all the HOF's.

Doesn’t look like Boselli is getting in anytime soon. Maybe never will. Watt is getting in first ballot.

TB got screwed

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 12:45 AM by jvillejagsn1.)

Im not sure ty law is a first ballet..... just saying

Edit: Guess that’s why I’m not sure, cause he’s not lol... still sad he gets in before TB....
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2019, 10:03 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-02-2019, 08:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:15 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Terell Davis played in 78 career games. Boselli 90.

I agree but TD had a couple rings.  They look at that, that being said he was one of the best ever

Dwight Stephenson started fewer games than Boselli and has no rings, and he is in.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...epDw00.htm

Anthony Munoz and John Hannah (both of whom are offensive linemen on the NFL's 75th anniversary all time team) said that Boselli is the best LT they have ever seen.  Jason Taylor was abused by Boselli and admitted as much and he is now in.

The national media HATES this team...period.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!