Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hall of Fame (merged threads)

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Unfortunately, this is going to be more difficult for him than others (and for the wrong reasoms.)
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The League continues to show itself as the joke it is.

My best memories of him manhandling Bruce Smith(all time sack leader) in the playoffs.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(02-02-2019, 10:00 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I agree but TD had a couple rings.  They look at that, that being said he was one of the best ever

Dwight Stephenson started fewer games than Boselli and has no rings, and he is in.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/p...epDw00.htm

Anthony Munoz and John Hannah (both of whom are offensive linemen on the NFL's 75th anniversary all time team) said that Boselli is the best LT they have ever seen.  Jason Taylor was abused by Boselli and admitted as much and he is now in.

The national media HATES this team...period.

Yep. It’s so disappointing.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

What does this mean for Fred Taylors hof chances? where is the line drawn if edgerrin james is above him being considered, and hes the only other guy in the top 20 of the nfl all time rushing list thats hof eligible.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(02-03-2019, 01:45 AM)Firesky Wrote: What does this mean for Fred Taylors hof chances? where is the line drawn if edgerrin james is above him being considered, and hes the only other guy in the top 20 of the nfl all time rushing list thats hof eligible.

Fred Taylor has no chance to get in.

When Jimmy Smith's name comes up, the pundits always say he thrived when the passing games exploded, so his career doesn't mean as much, even though he also led the league in receptions at least once and made multiple Pro Bowls.

There was considerable chronological overlap between Jimmy Smith's career and FT's, which means when the passing game exploded, the running game became de-emphasized, which means FT's numbers should be more impressive, right?  Well, what are the arguments often cited against him?  He never led the league in rushing and only made one pro bowl.

The voters just need to acknowledge there is the "Jaguars exception" to Hall of Fame balloting.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Here are the HOF voters...

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of...-of-famer/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 11:56 AM by jagherd.)

(02-02-2019, 08:03 PM)Russian Wrote: Now I doubt he ever gets in. Jags are going to be the last team with a hall of famer.

I think Boselli will eventually get in. With the Jags, it's all about getting some national exposure. 

Due to travel, I was forced to listen to AFC playoff games on the radio this year. Boselli was the guy doing the national radio broadcast for Ravens/Chargers and Patriots/Chargers (I'm pretty sure it was that one, but maybe Chiefs/Colts). IDK if he called the AFCC game though, cause I was able to watch that one.

Anyway, an ex-player of his caliber getting HOF consideration and now calling national broadcasts for playoff games (in the media) could only help his case with the media I'd think. 

I mean, those are really big games, and not just Jags radio broadcasts.

He'll get in sooner rather than later I think.

Sorry. I had to put down the crack pipe. Did some thing happen???

(02-03-2019, 03:50 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote: Sorry. I had to put down the crack pipe. Did some thing happen???

Ha back to gloat?  I'm not surprised they screwed him over this year.  So did you watch any of the film on him?  It jumps off the tape how awesome he was as a Left Tackle.  If we had a guy that was half as good as him we would be set at Left Tackle for a decade.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-02-2019, 09:12 PM)Russian Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:26 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: You realize that would mean the Texans getting player in before Boselli and the only one who could be considered is JJ. Watt. 

Boselli will get in eventually. Mawae was his biggest competition this year. So, that makes it easier for Boselli next year.

The biggest issues with the HOF process are:
1. The silly 80% required vote after getting to the 5 modern finalists. I mean you got to 5 finalists, you really need a recheck, why even narrow it to 5 if you are going to revote?
2. Only allowing 5 modern finalists a year. That made sense maybe even 20-15 years ago. That makes absolutely no sense anymore. You need to admit between 7-10 a year. It's the same thing with all the HOF's.

Doesn’t look like Boselli is getting in anytime soon. Maybe never will. Watt is getting in first ballot.

Watt could go through the motions and be out on IR for the next 3 years and will still get first ballot HOF.  Small market Jacksonville with limited fan appeal and nothing memorable is a tough sell for the better than thou voters.  It is sad.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2019, 01:23 PM by Mikey.)

Hall of the well-known.

Come on, though, why should we expect anything less than getting overlooked? We'll probably see a punter inducted before a Jag gets in.

(02-03-2019, 11:54 AM)jagherd Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 08:03 PM)Russian Wrote: Now I doubt he ever gets in. Jags are going to be the last team with a hall of famer.

I think Boselli will eventually get in. With the Jags, it's all about getting some national exposure. 

Due to travel, I was forced to listen to AFC playoff games on the radio this year. Boselli was the guy doing the national radio broadcast for Ravens/Chargers and Patriots/Chargers (I'm pretty sure it was that one, but maybe Chiefs/Colts). IDK if he called the AFCC game though, cause I was able to watch that one.

Anyway, an ex-player of his caliber getting HOF consideration and now calling national broadcasts for playoff games (in the media) could only help his case with the media I'd think. 

Unless he ends up on the four letter network, a radio gig isn't going to sway the majority of the media.

(02-04-2019, 01:22 PM)Mikey Wrote: Hall of the well-known.

Come on, though, why should we expect anything less than getting overlooked?  We'll probably see a punter inducted before a Jag gets in.

(02-03-2019, 11:54 AM)jagherd Wrote: I think Boselli will eventually get in. With the Jags, it's all about getting some national exposure. 

Unless he ends up on the four letter network, a radio gig isn't going to sway the majority of the media.

Stop it with the poor me, victim mentality. Who made it in that is unworthy? Which voter has said they voted against Boselli rather than for someone else? When stacked up against other worthy candidates his lack of longevity is a factor.

Based on who is eligible next year I bet he makes it.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(01-04-2019, 09:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 09:22 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote: If you have to make a case for a player to be in the HOF, then then they shouldnt be there. With that logic, based on what BB5 did last year, better find out what his suit jacket size is because for a short time he was playing at a HOF level !!! Or is it that some media folks and some jag fans are so desperate to have anybody from the Jaguars in the HOF, the closest they can get is Boselli. So lets bang the drum for him !!

Boselli is a finalist.  

The case has already been made for him by the official selection committee. 

Now, set down the crack pipe and back away slowly.

Waiting on an apology......

(02-04-2019, 01:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 01:22 PM)Mikey Wrote: Hall of the well-known.

Come on, though, why should we expect anything less than getting overlooked?  We'll probably see a punter inducted before a Jag gets in.

Stop it with the poor me, victim mentality. Who made it in that is unworthy? Which voter has said they voted against Boselli rather than for someone else? When stacked up against other worthy candidates his lack of longevity is a factor.

You can gripe about my opinion all you want, and maybe I am overly conservative with who should get in, but just since 2013:

Champ Bailey
Tim Brown
Cris Carter
Brian Dawkins
Kevin Mawae
Kenny Easley
Marvin Harrison
Will Shields
Aeneas Williams

NONE of these guys required you to gameplan around them. Maybe Harrison, but if he had Matt Hasselbeck throwing to him instead of Peyton, he's an average stats guy.  They all are very good, but what made them remarkable? I'm not saying poor me.  I'm saying the HOF voters often rely on popular opinion and stats to put guys in, rather than looking at their tape, or finding how they performed in the biggest moments.

Arguing about HOF voting is like arguing about religion though - everyone has a stance, and no argument is going to sway them one way or the other. I'm fine if you don't agree with my opinions.

(02-05-2019, 10:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 01:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Stop it with the poor me, victim mentality. Who made it in that is unworthy? Which voter has said they voted against Boselli rather than for someone else? When stacked up against other worthy candidates his lack of longevity is a factor.

You can gripe about my opinion all you want, and maybe I am overly conservative with who should get in, but just since 2013:

Champ Bailey
Tim Brown
Cris Carter
Brian Dawkins
Kevin Mawae
Kenny Easley
Marvin Harrison
Will Shields
Aeneas Williams

NONE of these guys required you to gameplan around them. Maybe Harrison, but if he had Matt Hasselbeck throwing to him instead of Peyton, he's an average stats guy.  They all are very good, but what made them remarkable? I'm not saying poor me.  I'm saying the HOF voters often rely on popular opinion and stats to put guys in, rather than looking at their tape, or finding how they performed in the biggest moments.

Arguing about HOF voting is like arguing about religion though - everyone has a stance, and no argument is going to sway them one way or the other. I'm fine if you don't agree with my opinions.

And you know this how? I'm willing to bet that HoF voters know every bit of NFL history and player evaluation that you do. Say yes or no to whomever you want but please don't try the poor Jags get no respect or the small market theory. I think it's bogus. And I really think you're reaching with that game plan theory. Game plan for a left tackle?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-04-2019, 06:03 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 09:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Boselli is a finalist.  

You don't deserve one.

The Hall of Fame is a total joke.

(02-04-2019, 06:03 PM)Anaheim Jaguars Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 09:29 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Boselli is a finalist.  

For what? 

Explaining to you how the HOF voting process works?

A case must be made for every nominee, and a case is then made once more for finalists to be inducted. 

Your post displayed a clear ignorance of the process.

What do y'all think on the HOF worthiness of Fred Taylor or Jimmy Smith?

(02-06-2019, 04:11 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: What do y'all think on the HOF worthiness of Fred Taylor or Jimmy Smith?

I think Fred’s numbers may become viable as fewer and fewer get the chance to carry the ball that many times in a career.
TC’s reluctance to give him the rock in the red zone may hold him back. 
Talent wise he’s as deserving as running backs can be. 

Jimmy , I’d have to review the numbers a bit.