Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ed Oliver

(02-08-2019, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 05:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Maybe he wasn’t deemed a 3-4 year project universally, but virtually every scouting report on the guy used the words “raw and unpolished.”
Safe to say most of us didn’t expect much from his rookie season.

He was raw and I didnt expect much from him his rookie season.  JackCity is the first person I have seen say he was a 3 or 4 year project though.  Who else labeled him that?

(02-08-2019, 05:08 PM)JackCity Wrote: He was a project player with insane physical tools. When you draft raw pass rushers in the first thats usually the development curve you expect, nobody expected anything from rookie Bryan, nobody should be expected him to be good this year (year 2) but year 3 and 4 you expect him to be playing at a good level and getting to the Qb.  

I don't think that sounds outside the realms of what people thought Bryans development should be when we drafted him. Also yeah I didn't see an above average NFL player from Bryan this year (regardless of what PFF says), nor did I expect him to be. He was awful at end , was better at 3 tech of course but not above average in the slightest.
He has never been a DE, I dont know why Wash even played him there early on.  When they moved him at 3 tech he showed flashes of why they drafted him so early and started improving pretty much every game regardless of the his sack number was.  I think Bryan will be good this year in his 2nd season, we shall see.
Wash constantly mismanaged the personnel. He exposed Poz too much in coverage, wouldn’t play enough man with the league’s best set of corners, etc.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-03-2019, 03:01 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He was raw and I didnt expect much from him his rookie season.  JackCity is the first person I have seen say he was a 3 or 4 year project though.  Who else labeled him that?

He has never been a DE, I dont know why Wash even played him there early on.  When they moved him at 3 tech he showed flashes of why they drafted him so early and started improving pretty much every game regardless of the his sack number was.  I think Bryan will be good this year in his 2nd season, we shall see.
Wash constantly mismanaged the personnel. He exposed Poz too much in coverage, wouldn’t play enough man with the league’s best set of corners, etc.

Agreed

Finally had some time to watch more of this guy and he really is an amazing player.

(04-07-2019, 04:49 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Finally had some time to watch more of this guy and he really is an amazing player.

Makes you feel sorry for lineman these days.

(04-07-2019, 10:10 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 04:49 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Finally had some time to watch more of this guy and he really is an amazing player.

Ha yes!
At this point I think I have him pretty much in the same conversation as Bosa and Williams and one of those D players I would take at 7. I still hope we find a way to trade down and get additional picks (as there are several players I would be happy taking with the first 15 picks or so) but if we stay put, as much as I love Hockenson/Fant I would have a really difficult time passing on this guy if he's there.

Oliver is definitely one of the top 5 players in this draft.

(04-07-2019, 10:10 AM)JackCity Wrote:

Also makes you feel sorry for Oliver that they played him at nose so much.

(04-07-2019, 02:36 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 10:10 AM)JackCity Wrote: Makes you feel sorry for lineman these days.

Also makes you feel sorry for Oliver that they played him at nose so much.
So much this.

It blows me away how inept/stubborn some coaches can be. I think this is what makes Belicheck so good. He almost always adapts to his players.

(02-06-2019, 01:08 PM)JNev Wrote: I know we don't really need a DT but if Oliver is there at 7 do we consider him? This is a guy who was considered a lock for the #1 or #2 pick. Especially if Haskins is gone there's not really another guy who could have as much of an impact as Oliver imo

I wouldn't mind Oliver...he's a freak...constantly getting doubled and tripled team.

(02-07-2019, 01:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 09:02 AM)JackCity Wrote: He's played both , same as Dareus but yeah I guess Dareus will be the 3 tech day one with our current personnel.

Bryan will be the 3 tech day 1

Yikes

Big Grin 

(09-03-2019, 02:18 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 01:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bryan will be the 3 tech day 1

Yikes

This thread is gold!
Jaguars Fundamentalist