Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles will be a top 10 to 15 QB....Let's debate

(02-16-2019, 07:16 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 06:24 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Andy Dalton has completed 62.3 percent at 7.2 yards an attempt at 88.8 rating.

Luck has completed 60.8 percent at 7.2 yards an attempt at 89.5

The difference is draft and followup hype. They are both awful in the playoffs so have that in common too.

Thought I would add a couple more top 10qbs and not be unfair with a Brady brees or Rogers...

Big Ben 64.4 percent at 7.8 yards an attempt and 94.2 rating
Rivers 64.5 at 7.8 yards an attempt and 95.6 rating

Pretty clear difference.

Ok I'll play. 

Tyrod Taylor passer rating of 89.6 , 61.6% at 7.1 ypa

Blake Bortles passer rating of 80.6, 59.3% at 6.7 ypa 

Tyrod>>> Blake and = to Luck, Dalton, Stafford etc etc 

Yes I agree HOF caliber QBs are better than Luck. What a shocking revelation.

Moving from Bortles to Taylor would be like trading in your 1988 honda for a 1989 model with shinier wheels. 

hard pass

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-17-2019, 08:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 07:16 PM)JackCity Wrote: Ok I'll play. 

Tyrod Taylor passer rating of 89.6 , 61.6% at 7.1 ypa

Blake Bortles passer rating of 80.6, 59.3% at 6.7 ypa 

Tyrod>>> Blake and = to Luck, Dalton, Stafford etc etc 

Yes I agree HOF caliber QBs are better than Luck. What a shocking revelation.

Moving from Bortles to Taylor would be like trading in your 1988 honda for a 1989 model with shinier wheels. 

hard pass

I'd only want Taylor as a bridge guy for a year , not as the future. Skillset is much more conducive to wins than most bridges we could land for a reasonable price imo. Good mentor too.  

Just pointing out the issue of using stats like that for QBs, as I think most of the NFL would think Luck is a lot better than Andy Dalton and Tyrod Taylor, "most" anyway...

bortles will  become a top 10 qb when he goes to patriots,and bradyretires. in  fact he will win a SB with the patriots. they have a HC,offenssive line,and WRS.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-17-2019, 12:39 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: bortles will  become a top 10 qb when he goes to patriots,and bradyretires. in  fact he will win a SB with the patriots. they have a HC,offenssive line,and WRS.

We can always count on you snowwolf to lighten up the mood with some levity. Smile
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2019, 02:50 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(02-14-2019, 03:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 03:39 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I see he looks bad on a team that hasnt done anything to help him

I say he looks bad throwing a football 4 out of 10 times that he throws a [BLEEP] football. 

That's unacceptable. And putting all-pros around him on offense won't make him not be a bad passer. 

Forget the roster - forget the playbook/playcalling. 
 Blake Bortles cannot throw an accurate football pass consistently enough to start in this league.  

/thread
Lets assume what you say is true and he is god awful at throwing the ball. Then that tells me that everyone in the front office all the way down to the coaches are complete imbiciles and worst at their job then Blake is at his. i mean if he is that bad, there is no hope for this team with the incompatency that is running this orginization. no QB no Rookiee no free agent is gonna fix the stupid we have in the front office and coaching and scouting. They all need to be fired and bring in people who actually know what a football is and how to play the game.

Or he isnt as bad as everyone here seems to think.

you decide

Good God. We're still 'debating' this. [BLEEP] hilarious and sad all at the same time.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Not top 10, but I'll give him top 15 (in the AFC).
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 02-17-2019, 07:40 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(02-17-2019, 02:49 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 03:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I say he looks bad throwing a football 4 out of 10 times that he throws a [BLEEP] football. 

That's unacceptable. And putting all-pros around him on offense won't make him not be a bad passer. 

Blake Bortles cannot throw an accurate football pass consistently enough to start in this league.  

/thread
Lets assume what you say is true and he is god awful at throwing the ball. Then that tells me that everyone in the front office all the way down to the coaches are complete imbiciles and worst at their job then Blake is at his. i mean if he is that bad, there is no hope for this team with the incompatency that is running this orginization. no QB no Rookiee no free agent is gonna fix the stupid we have in the front office and coaching and scouting. They all need to be fired and bring in people who actually know what a football is and how to play the game.

you decide

[Image: LJqb.gif]

(02-14-2019, 03:45 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I say he looks bad throwing a football 4 out of 10 times that he throws a [BLEEP] football. 

/thread

you decide
Wrong 

They rolled the dice that he’d turned a corner 

He hadn’t   -  just flashes of fools gold 

Doesn’t make them imbiciles - but it definitely makes them bad gamblers

/thread

you decide
You know how everyone likes to throw out that Blake got to the AFC title game and blah blah blah.

Well... so did the coaches. So Blake not only carried the players but he carried the coaches too?

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 03:54 PM by Caldrac.)

With the right coaching he can be. Bruce Arians in Tampa Bay could probably fix him.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."