Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Reflections and Thoughts on the Silver Season

(02-18-2019, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:45 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I thought I was the only one in the stadium that day that missed the kick!

Being at the top of the stadium, looking over the side, trying in vain to convince myself that an 8-8 record for a second year team was actually a pretty good accomplishment.

Unlike you, I missed it completely.

But the range of emotions experienced that day-from the pregame excitement about the possibility of our first winning season and first playoff experience after a 4-7 start, to the shock of being out played throughout the game by a 3-12 team, to the horror of seeing Atlanta drive down the field that final time and give this team its first ever truly crushing loss, to the jubilation of the inexplicable miss-is something I have rarely, if ever, experienced in a game.

If you think about it, we've had some pretty amazing kick related plays at the stadium in our history.

Morten's miss.

Clyde Simmons' blocked FG against the Steelers in the first Monday Night Game

The missed extra point after the River City Relay.

Josh Scobee crushed the Colts with a GW 59 yard FG.

Look at the 11:56 mark of this video and you can see how Brackens saved our season in 1996.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Qqf7ya8o8
Awesome recap of what was arguably the most exciting season based on how everything ultimately played out.  Watching this, I had forgotten how good Willie Jackson was for us in his short time here.  Invariably overshadowed by Thunder/Lightning; he would be a #1 WR for us if he could time-travel to this current roster.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-18-2019, 03:22 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 10:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Look at the 11:56 mark of this video and you can see how Brackens saved our season in 1996.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Qqf7ya8o8
Awesome recap of what was arguably the most exciting season based on how everything ultimately played out.  Watching this, I had forgotten how good Willie Jackson was for us in his short time here.  Invariably overshadowed by Thunder/Lightning; he would be a #1 WR for us if he could time-travel to this current roster.

Andre Rison was also on the roster for about 9 games.

Think about it...

Andre Rison
Jimmy Smith
Keenan McCardell
Willie Jackson 

That was a great group.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-18-2019, 09:38 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:14 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The stadium was complete pandemonium.

Moreten's miss is one of the truly magical moments in team history.

But I am not yet prepared to concede I will never again reach that high, because that presumes we will never reach or win the Super Bowl.

I think we have a shot with our current roster, given good health.

We were in section 123 and I missed seeing the actual kick because I was sitting down with my head in my hands knowing we'd lost. I did see it miss the uprights though. It was pretty indescribable. People that weren't there will never know.

That's funny, that's exactly what I was doing.  But I never saw the kick.  I obviously knew what happened from the reaction.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-18-2019, 02:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:24 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: What Fred did to three rivers stadium is epic.  The guy tore his groin making an impossible cut.

As I recall, he tore his groin in 1999 against Tennessee (figures), unless you are talking about someone on the Squeelers he faked out.

Actually, that was 2001 in a home game against Tennessee right after the 9/11 attacks.  It was supposed to be the third game of the season, but week two was cancelled due to the attacks. Stacey Mack came in for Fred and ran all over the tacks.

(02-18-2019, 07:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 02:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As I recall, he tore his groin in 1999 against Tennessee (figures), unless you are talking about someone on the Squeelers he faked out.

Actually, that was 2001 in a home game against Tennessee right after the 9/11 attacks.  It was supposed to be the third game of the season, but week two was cancelled due to the attacks. Stacey Mack came in for Fred and ran all over the tacks.

Yeah sorry I made a run on thought.  Yes it was separate events.  The groin tear was against the Tacks after 1999.  Just commenting on his side and speed.  It is comparable to Bo Jackson being so freakishly athletic that Bo tore his hip out of the socket trying to break a tackle.  Fred jump cut at full speed with so much force he tore the groin completely.  Crazy athletic demonstrations and raw power that you don't see often.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Great post Bullseye and great input guys, loving this thread.

For me, I'm a a bit of a homer for WR's so Jimmy is my guy. He could do everything, best you deep or underneath and was playing in a day that WR's would get lit up. Fred has to be #2, he was just phenomenal and to have MJD as a #2RB and then to take over, we got lucky there.

I hate to say it as I love Boselli but getting the Texans to take him in the Expansion Draft was a miracle. We were in cap hell and if we didn't get rid of Boselli then it was cap Armageddon. We somehow got him out for the last 2 games of a season and the Texans took him. I think he played 1 or 2 games for Houston before getting injured again.

The Miami 62-7 will be there forever, Pittsburgh in the playoffs in 2017 will be there, the win at home over Seattle is up there, in the teal, at home, under the lights and a packed house, the City had been owed that for a while. 

Thinking back, and with a smile, I'll always remember the hype of bringing someone in. Hugh Douglas, Byron Letfwich, Matt Jones, Blackmon to name but a few. What could have been. Lol!

We had such success so early with an expansion draft team, we just got into so much cap problems. 2000-2010 was a lost decade for this franchise.

(02-18-2019, 07:24 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 02:10 PM)Bullseye Wrote: As I recall, he tore his groin in 1999 against Tennessee (figures), unless you are talking about someone on the Squeelers he faked out.

You are absolutely correct.

I remembered it was against Tennessee, but I got the wrong year.

(02-18-2019, 09:59 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I hate to say it as I love Boselli but getting the Texans to take him in the Expansion Draft was a miracle. We were in cap hell and if we didn't get rid of Boselli then it was cap Armageddon. We somehow got him out for the last 2 games of a season and the Texans took him. I think he played 1 or 2 games for Houston before getting injured again.

I remember reading that we had a deal with the Texans that if they would agree to take Boselli, we would put Seth Payne in the expansion draft.  I don't remember who wrote that, but I do recall that it was a very good source, maybe Vic Ketchman.

(02-19-2019, 07:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:59 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: I hate to say it as I love Boselli but getting the Texans to take him in the Expansion Draft was a miracle. We were in cap hell and if we didn't get rid of Boselli then it was cap Armageddon. We somehow got him out for the last 2 games of a season and the Texans took him. I think he played 1 or 2 games for Houston before getting injured again.

I remember reading that we had a deal with the Texans that if they would agree to take Boselli, we would put Seth Payne in the expansion draft.  I don't remember who wrote that, but I do recall that it was a very good source, maybe Vic Ketchman.

Seth Payne was a good pick up for them.  That seems like a good deal.
The Khan Years

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2019, 05:50 PM by Bullseye.)

(02-19-2019, 04:43 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 07:10 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I remember reading that we had a deal with the Texans that if they would agree to take Boselli, we would put Seth Payne in the expansion draft.  I don't remember who wrote that, but I do recall that it was a very good source, maybe Vic Ketchman.

Seth Payne was a good pick up for them.  That seems like a good deal.

As i recall, the arrangement was for Walker AND Payne to be exposed on the list if they agreed to take Boselli.

It got us out of cap hell, and Boselli wound up never playing a down for them, which is good.

But I wonder how it would have turned out had they not taken the deal.

Boselli wouldn't have played for us, either.  Either we would have kept Walker and Payne, or cut them both.  I don't know what the cap ramifications would have been, but as I recall the Ketchman rants during the time, we may not have been able to field a complete team.  Would we have drafted Henderson that year?  Would we have finished with the worst record?  Would we have taken Palmer instead of BL?

By the way, apologies for a duplicate post, but I made this post in another thread, but thought it would fit better in this one.

Here it is...

This poses an interesting question. Which team would win between the 1999 team and the 2017 team?

Position analysis...

QB-Brunell v. Bortles- Edge: 1999
RB-Taylor v. Fournette-Edge 1999
WR-Smith and McCardell vs. Lee and Westbrook Edge: 1999
TE-Brady v. Marcedes Edge: 1999
OL-Boselli, Searcy, Wade, Weigert, Coleman vs. Cam, Parnell, Cann, Linder and Omameh-Edge:

DL-Brackens, Payne, Walker, Wynn vs. Ngakoue, Dareus, Jackson and Campbell-Edge 2017
LB-Hardy, Matrs, Paup vs. Smith, Poz and Jack- Edge: 2017
DB-Bryant, Beasley, Darius, Lake vs. Ramsey, Bouye, Gipson and Church Edge: 2017
K-Hollis v. Lambo-a tough one-Edge:2017
P-Barker v. Nortman-Edge: 2017

HC -TC v. marrone-Edge TC

I think the 1999 team would win, but it would be a close one.

The matchups I'd like to see the most in that game would be Smith and McCardell vs. Ramsey and Bouye and Searcy vs. Campbell

(02-18-2019, 09:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That brings back a lot of memories, Bullseye.  

I know I will never ever again in my life reach the high I felt when Morten Andersen missed that kick in 1996.  

We were 4-7, with about a 2% chance of making the playoffs, all the local media was criticising the team, David Lamm for example, said "Let's face it, this is a bad team."    And lo and behold, we reeled off 4 straight wins, a couple of them absolute miracle wins.   I remember a game against the Ravens when Vinnie Testeverde inexplicably lost the ball in the pocket with no one near him, and we recovered it and pulled the game out.  We were 8-7 and all we had to do was beat the 3-12 Falcons to make the playoffs in our second season!   We had a nice lead at the half and they came back on us.   They kept throwing that wide receiver screen and we couldn't stop it.   We were ahead I think 19-17 and they threw yet another WR screen, and what a lot of people forget, that WR was going for a TD, and Tony Brackens ran that guy down from behind and saved the TD.  

So they  had that chip shot to beat us and knock us out of the playoffs with just a few seconds left.   And one of the the best kickers ever.   I was sitting there in the stadium totally depressed.   And he kicks the ball, and immediately one section of fans behind the goal posts leaps up and my immediate thought in that split second was, those must be Falcons fans.   And then in the next split second, the entire stadium exploded.   And the refs were signaling no-good.  I've never experienced anything like that.  That was the highest high I have ever felt in my life.  The players were out one the field, jumping up and down, Coughlin took off his hat and looked up at the sky, and every single person in that stadium was jumping up and down with their arms in the air screaming.   It took a little time before everyone calmed down enough to throw themselves into the arms of everyone around them.  That's how crazy it was.  

That was a once in a lifetime experience.

Back in those days I sat in the South Endzone 3 rows up and dead center of the goalpost.  From our vantage point the kick looked good.  When the then "Cage of Rage" started celebrating I remember turning to my wife and asking "Did he miss?"  Then the pandemonium ensued!

Those seats no longer exist.

Happiest day at the stadium with the original opening day against the Houston Oilers coming in a close 2nd.

On a the flip side the worst day at the stadium has to be walking out after the loss in the '99 AFC Championship game.  With the exception of one lone *(*&^%%$ tack fan hooting it up you could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(02-20-2019, 08:00 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 09:03 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: That brings back a lot of memories, Bullseye.  

I know I will never ever again in my life reach the high I felt when Morten Andersen missed that kick in 1996.  

We were 4-7, with about a 2% chance of making the playoffs, all the local media was criticising the team, David Lamm for example, said "Let's face it, this is a bad team."    And lo and behold, we reeled off 4 straight wins, a couple of them absolute miracle wins.   I remember a game against the Ravens when Vinnie Testeverde inexplicably lost the ball in the pocket with no one near him, and we recovered it and pulled the game out.  We were 8-7 and all we had to do was beat the 3-12 Falcons to make the playoffs in our second season!   We had a nice lead at the half and they came back on us.   They kept throwing that wide receiver screen and we couldn't stop it.   We were ahead I think 19-17 and they threw yet another WR screen, and what a lot of people forget, that WR was going for a TD, and Tony Brackens ran that guy down from behind and saved the TD.  

So they  had that chip shot to beat us and knock us out of the playoffs with just a few seconds left.   And one of the the best kickers ever.   I was sitting there in the stadium totally depressed.   And he kicks the ball, and immediately one section of fans behind the goal posts leaps up and my immediate thought in that split second was, those must be Falcons fans.   And then in the next split second, the entire stadium exploded.   And the refs were signaling no-good.  I've never experienced anything like that.  That was the highest high I have ever felt in my life.  The players were out one the field, jumping up and down, Coughlin took off his hat and looked up at the sky, and every single person in that stadium was jumping up and down with their arms in the air screaming.   It took a little time before everyone calmed down enough to throw themselves into the arms of everyone around them.  That's how crazy it was.  

Back in those days I sat in the South Endzone 3 rows up and dead center of the goalpost.  From our vantage point the kick looked good.  When the then "Cage of Rage" started celebrating I remember turning to my wife and asking "Did he miss?"  Then the pandemonium ensued!

Happiest day at the stadium with the original opening day against the Houston Oilers coming in a close 2nd.

On a the flip side the worst day at the stadium has to be walking out after the loss in the '99 AFC Championship game.  With the exception of one lone *(*&^%%$ tack fan hooting it up you could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet.
"Cage of Rage..."

You guys and gals were great!

(02-18-2019, 09:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: A YouTube channel I found has been uploading tons of old classic Jaguars games if anyone is interested.

Jaguars Vs the 2000 Ravens defend is a joy to watch (yes the Jimmy Smith 15-291 3 TD game)

Whats the name?

(02-20-2019, 08:00 PM)copycat Wrote:

That was my worst day ever, too.   We thought that if we packed the stadium and yelled as loud as we could, we would win for sure.   Which we did, and we lost anyway.   It took me a year to get over that loss.

Not sure if this one has been mentioned but Week 14 vs the colts in 2006 is one that I will never forget.

44-17 win with MJD(166) and Freddy T(131) running for almost 300 yards.

MJD and Freddy teamed up to absolutely destroy the colts led by Manning. First play of the game Freddy busted loose on a 76 yard TD. I was 16 and sitting my dads seats and I remember that being one of those games that kept me glued to my seat. That was during a period where manning was hitting on all cylinders so playing the colts generally meant we were in for a L. It was also one of the games that really put MJD on the map for me personally. Even though it wasn't going to stay that way, that was possibly one the best duos at RB I have ever seen even if it was just for a season or two(obviously it more 'passing of the torch'). It was also a time of that nasty DL. I always remember those two monsters, 99 stroud standing next to 98 Henderson during pre snap, and thinking how much It would suck to have them coming at you.

Good times.

Man, I got to give credit to the Jags video department. They consistently release the best season hype videos.

http://view.ceros.com/jaguars/2019-renewals/p/1
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Bullseye supposedly the league would have started voiding contracts until we were under the cap. We would have had to fill out the roster with the draft picks and street free agents/undrafted types. Crazy
The Khan Years

(02-11-2019, 04:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 2019 will mark the 25th on field season of Jaguars football. A quarter century!  Of NFL football in Jacksonville!

Whoda thunkit back in 1992?

Where has the time gone?!?  Indeed, time flies when you're having fun.

While the team has yet to win or appear in the Super Bowl, the past 24 years have been a lot of fun.

I still remember the goofy grins people had here when Jacksonville was awarded the team.  I still remember the kid at Christmas excitement I had seeing the completed stadium for the first time.  Boyz II Men singing the National Anthem still resonates.  I still chuckle with Coughlin as the fans chanted "playoffs" when exiting down the ramps after beating Pittsburgh for the team's first ever win at home.  I remember the team used to paint santa hats on the logo during Christmas time until the NFL put the kibosh on it.  I remember the cathartic win over the then hated Carolina Panthers, who were the media darlings. 

The fun of following that second year stretch from 4-7 to 9-7 and the first ever playoff appearance was a blast continues to set the standard, IMO for fun seasons, as it was totally unexpected.  Every team that we needed to lose lost over the last few weeks.   More importantly, the Jaguars did their part, at least until the final game, where they were outplayed by a 3 win Atlanta team.  But then we caught a break when a guy who normally did his job, hall of fame kicker Morten freaking Andersen, missed a 30 yard FG after making something like his last 59 straight from that distance.  Of course, despite being there at the game, just like Morten Andersen, I missed the kick- because I couldn't bear to watch.  But I remember the jubilant pandemonium afterwards, as a fan jumped into my arms and people embraced.  I recall running into my obnoxious Bills fan buddy after we knocked out the Bills in our first playoff game.  He wasn't so obnoxious then.  Sullen is a word that leaps to mind as he slunk out of Blockbuster video wearing his blue Bryce Paup jersey.

We all have had our share of similar memories over the years.  This is one reason why, no matter how much the team ticks me off...no matter how much the team disappoints me, I can't stay too mad at them.

Here are some of my actual on field thoughts over the last 25 years:

If I had to pick a 25th anniversary Jaguars team it would look like this

QB-Mark Brunell
RB-Fred Taylor
FB-Greg Jones
WR-Jimmy Smith
WR-Keenan McCardell
TE-Kyle Brady
LT-Tony Boselli
LG-Vince Manuwai
C-Brad Meester
RG-Chris naoele
RT-Leon Searcy

RE-Yannick Ngakoue-Tough decision over Brackens.  Both have had many game turning plays.  Yannick has done it over a longer period of time than T-Brack.
DT-Marcus Stroud-Lots of good DT prospects from which to choose
DT-John Henderson
LE-Calais Campbell
OLB-Telvin Smith
MLB-Mike Peterson
OLB-Kevin Hardy-He played SAM in his early years.
CB-Jalen Ramsey-if he stays healthy and out of trouble, he is destined for greatness and a spot in the pride-possibly Canton.
CB-Rashean Mathis-Was a tough one over Bouye, but Mathis has more game changing plays.

FS-Deon Grant
SS-Donovin Darius

K-Josh Scobee-I like Hollis, too, but I think Scobee had more dramatic game winning kicks and a stronger leg.
P-Bryan Barker

Top Five Games

1.  30-27 win over Denver in 1996 Divisional Playoffs-Some 23 years later, I still say screw Woody Paige and his "Jagwads," article.
2.  45-41 win in Pittsburgh in 2017 Divisional Playoffs
3.  375 yards rushing over the Colts
4.  First ever MNF win over the Steelers.  Cowher's reaction to the blocked FG and the dejection of Steelers fans leaving the game were classic.
5.  1998 win over Tampa-great crowd, great game.  Had the feel of a college rivalry game.

Top 5 favorite players-not necessarily the best players, just my favorites to watch

1.  Maurice Jones Drew-Seemingly a big play waiting to happen.  Judging from my spot as a fan, he seemed to have a blast playing the game.

2.  Tony Boselli-made watching OL play cool.  I still remember Paul Maguire observing "Tony Boselli just collapsed the entire right side of the Steelers defense!"

3.  Jimmy Smith-His fly routes were something to behold

4.  Tony Brackens-The first DE capable of taking over a game.  Had two of the most important defensive plays in team history during that 1996 playoff run

5.  Jalen Ramsey-Seeing him physically maul receivers while blanketing them on their routes is a lot of fun.

Top 3 defenses:

1.  The 2017 team.  Set a team record for sacks, and scored a bunch of points.  Tons of game changing plays and ruined the Steelers season.

2.  The JDR era "might getcha" group.  Lots of fun to watch dance to that song.  Very intimidating bunch, especially against the run.  only thing they lacked was a pass rusher.

3.  The 1999 defense.  They had their share of game changing and field flipping plays-just not as many as the 2017 group.  Imagine if Capers had a Jalen Ramsey at CB.

Top 3 mistakes:

1.  Cutting LB Eddie Robinson.  I list this because he was better for the defense than what they asked Bryce Paup to do, and cutting him enabled him to return to the tacks- along with him, our playbook.  Perhaps we don't lose to the tacks three times and maybe we go to the Super Bowl without that information.

2.  Firing Tom Coughlin.  Weaver himself said it was the biggest mistake of his tenure as Jaguars owner.  JDR wasn't bad, but TC is a HOF coach.

3.  Passing on HOF/Pro Bowl QBs.-I don't think the team knew they were passing on HOF signal callers at the time, but what would Jaguars history look like if we had either Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes?

Biggest annoyance:  The college first Gator homers.  Oh my God how annoying, overbearing and insufferable that group was in their incessant advocacy of Danny awful, Steve Spurrier, and Tim Tebow.  They became "Gator Skins" and "BroncGators," and to this day, swore up and down Wuerffel and Tebow failed because of some anti Christian bias in the NFL.  They had signs on the overpass over I-95 urging the team to sign Tebow, and some guy wearing a sandwich board advocated the same thing.  BTW, that sandwich board guy's message was "Why not sign Tebow?"  In one of the few times I have heckled someone at the stadium, I said "Because he sucks, that's why!"  It was so cathartic.

These are just a few of my thoughts over the last 25 years of Jaguars football.  I will add more as they come to me and as time permits.  in the meantime I welcome your perspectives.

Which 2 plays did Brackens make in that 96 playoff run?

Did you mean Simmons? When he intercepted a shovel pass, and the block extra point against Denver.

(02-25-2019, 06:42 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 04:51 PM)Bullseye Wrote: 2019 will mark the 25th on field season of Jaguars football. A quarter century!  Of NFL football in Jacksonville!

Whoda thunkit back in 1992?

Where has the time gone?!?  Indeed, time flies when you're having fun.

While the team has yet to win or appear in the Super Bowl, the past 24 years have been a lot of fun.

I still remember the goofy grins people had here when Jacksonville was awarded the team.  I still remember the kid at Christmas excitement I had seeing the completed stadium for the first time.  Boyz II Men singing the National Anthem still resonates.  I still chuckle with Coughlin as the fans chanted "playoffs" when exiting down the ramps after beating Pittsburgh for the team's first ever win at home.  I remember the team used to paint santa hats on the logo during Christmas time until the NFL put the kibosh on it.  I remember the cathartic win over the then hated Carolina Panthers, who were the media darlings. 

The fun of following that second year stretch from 4-7 to 9-7 and the first ever playoff appearance was a blast continues to set the standard, IMO for fun seasons, as it was totally unexpected.  Every team that we needed to lose lost over the last few weeks.   More importantly, the Jaguars did their part, at least until the final game, where they were outplayed by a 3 win Atlanta team.  But then we caught a break when a guy who normally did his job, hall of fame kicker Morten freaking Andersen, missed a 30 yard FG after making something like his last 59 straight from that distance.  Of course, despite being there at the game, just like Morten Andersen, I missed the kick- because I couldn't bear to watch.  But I remember the jubilant pandemonium afterwards, as a fan jumped into my arms and people embraced.  I recall running into my obnoxious Bills fan buddy after we knocked out the Bills in our first playoff game.  He wasn't so obnoxious then.  Sullen is a word that leaps to mind as he slunk out of Blockbuster video wearing his blue Bryce Paup jersey.

We all have had our share of similar memories over the years.  This is one reason why, no matter how much the team ticks me off...no matter how much the team disappoints me, I can't stay too mad at them.

Here are some of my actual on field thoughts over the last 25 years:

If I had to pick a 25th anniversary Jaguars team it would look like this

QB-Mark Brunell
RB-Fred Taylor
FB-Greg Jones
WR-Jimmy Smith
WR-Keenan McCardell
TE-Kyle Brady
LT-Tony Boselli
LG-Vince Manuwai
C-Brad Meester
RG-Chris naoele
RT-Leon Searcy

RE-Yannick Ngakoue-Tough decision over Brackens.  Both have had many game turning plays.  Yannick has done it over a longer period of time than T-Brack.
DT-Marcus Stroud-Lots of good DT prospects from which to choose
DT-John Henderson
LE-Calais Campbell
OLB-Telvin Smith
MLB-Mike Peterson
OLB-Kevin Hardy-He played SAM in his early years.
CB-Jalen Ramsey-if he stays healthy and out of trouble, he is destined for greatness and a spot in the pride-possibly Canton.
CB-Rashean Mathis-Was a tough one over Bouye, but Mathis has more game changing plays.

FS-Deon Grant
SS-Donovin Darius

K-Josh Scobee-I like Hollis, too, but I think Scobee had more dramatic game winning kicks and a stronger leg.
P-Bryan Barker

Top Five Games

1.  30-27 win over Denver in 1996 Divisional Playoffs-Some 23 years later, I still say screw Woody Paige and his "Jagwads," article.
2.  45-41 win in Pittsburgh in 2017 Divisional Playoffs
3.  375 yards rushing over the Colts
4.  First ever MNF win over the Steelers.  Cowher's reaction to the blocked FG and the dejection of Steelers fans leaving the game were classic.
5.  1998 win over Tampa-great crowd, great game.  Had the feel of a college rivalry game.

Top 5 favorite players-not necessarily the best players, just my favorites to watch

1.  Maurice Jones Drew-Seemingly a big play waiting to happen.  Judging from my spot as a fan, he seemed to have a blast playing the game.

2.  Tony Boselli-made watching OL play cool.  I still remember Paul Maguire observing "Tony Boselli just collapsed the entire right side of the Steelers defense!"

3.  Jimmy Smith-His fly routes were something to behold

4.  Tony Brackens-The first DE capable of taking over a game.  Had two of the most important defensive plays in team history during that 1996 playoff run

5.  Jalen Ramsey-Seeing him physically maul receivers while blanketing them on their routes is a lot of fun.

Top 3 defenses:

1.  The 2017 team.  Set a team record for sacks, and scored a bunch of points.  Tons of game changing plays and ruined the Steelers season.

2.  The JDR era "might getcha" group.  Lots of fun to watch dance to that song.  Very intimidating bunch, especially against the run.  only thing they lacked was a pass rusher.

3.  The 1999 defense.  They had their share of game changing and field flipping plays-just not as many as the 2017 group.  Imagine if Capers had a Jalen Ramsey at CB.

Top 3 mistakes:

1.  Cutting LB Eddie Robinson.  I list this because he was better for the defense than what they asked Bryce Paup to do, and cutting him enabled him to return to the tacks- along with him, our playbook.  Perhaps we don't lose to the tacks three times and maybe we go to the Super Bowl without that information.

2.  Firing Tom Coughlin.  Weaver himself said it was the biggest mistake of his tenure as Jaguars owner.  JDR wasn't bad, but TC is a HOF coach.

3.  Passing on HOF/Pro Bowl QBs.-I don't think the team knew they were passing on HOF signal callers at the time, but what would Jaguars history look like if we had either Big Ben, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes?

Biggest annoyance:  The college first Gator homers.  Oh my God how annoying, overbearing and insufferable that group was in their incessant advocacy of Danny awful, Steve Spurrier, and Tim Tebow.  They became "Gator Skins" and "BroncGators," and to this day, swore up and down Wuerffel and Tebow failed because of some anti Christian bias in the NFL.  They had signs on the overpass over I-95 urging the team to sign Tebow, and some guy wearing a sandwich board advocated the same thing.  BTW, that sandwich board guy's message was "Why not sign Tebow?"  In one of the few times I have heckled someone at the stadium, I said "Because he sucks, that's why!"  It was so cathartic.

These are just a few of my thoughts over the last 25 years of Jaguars football.  I will add more as they come to me and as time permits.  in the meantime I welcome your perspectives.

Which 2 plays did Brackens make in that 96 playoff run?

Did you mean Simmons? When he intercepted a shovel pass, and the block extra point against Denver.

1.  Brackens had an INT against Seattle at a time Seattle was controlling the game.  His INT gave Jacksonville the momentum.

2.  Perhaps even more importantly was his hustle against Atlanta.  Everyone either remembers or has heard of Morten's miss.  That miss would not have been possible we re it not for Brackens.  The Falcons had been bubble screening us to death all game, and it was no different that last drive.  They hit one to the left, and it wound going some thirty yards, and would have scored a TD had Brackens not chased the play down from behind.  

Without those two plays by Brackens the team never goes on that 1996 run.

Well shoot, you could say that about any player that year. Not just Brackens.