Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
National Debt Tops $22 Trillion

Perhaps in 2020 or even 2024 (assuming Trump is re-elected), Republicans can go back to being fiscally responsible and the Dems can go back to spending frivolously.  I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone ...... GOP spending like crazy and the Dems complaining Smile

https://www.yahoo.com/news/national-debt...33190.html

"The national debt has been rising at a faster rate following the passage of President Donald Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax-cut package a little more than a year ago and as the result of congressional efforts to increase spending on domestic and military programs. The nation has added more than $1 trillion in debt in the last 11 months alone."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should take the 40+ million spent on the Mueller probe to pay it down.

(02-12-2019, 11:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Perhaps in 2020 or even 2024 (assuming Trump is re-elected), Republicans can go back to being fiscally responsible and the Dems can go back to spending frivolously.  I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone ...... GOP spending like crazy and the Dems complaining Smile

"The national debt has been rising at a faster rate following the passage of President Donald Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax-cut package a little more than a year ago and as the result of congressional efforts to increase spending on domestic and military programs. The nation has added more than $1 trillion in debt in the last 11 months alone."

I’m sorry, who is spending like crazy? Who wants to abolish debt limits? Who just hired two prominent lawyers to chase “collusion” once Mueller probe completes? Who has had initiated investigation after investigation? Who has put pork bill after pork bill on the table this year?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-12-2019, 11:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 11:04 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Perhaps in 2020 or even 2024 (assuming Trump is re-elected), Republicans can go back to being fiscally responsible and the Dems can go back to spending frivolously.  I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone ...... GOP spending like crazy and the Dems complaining Smile

I’m sorry, who is spending like crazy? Who wants to abolish debt limits? Who just hired two prominent lawyers to chase “collusion” once Mueller probe completes? Who has had initiated investigation after investigation? Who has put pork bill after pork bill on the table this year?

Our rulers.

By that I mean both political parties and the ruling bureaucracy. We are no longer citizens, we are subjects.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-12-2019, 11:34 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 11:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: I’m sorry, who is spending like crazy? Who wants to abolish debt limits? Who just hired two prominent lawyers to chase “collusion” once Mueller probe completes? Who has had initiated investigation after investigation? Who has put pork bill after pork bill on the table this year?

Our rulers.

By that I mean both political parties and the ruling bureaucracy. We are no longer citizens, we are subjects.
At least you get it.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-12-2019, 11:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We should take the 40+ million spent on the Mueller probe to pay it down.

Were you shedding these same tears as the Starr inquiry dragged on for years? Inquiring minds want to know.

(02-13-2019, 10:00 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 11:16 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We should take the 40+ million spent on the Mueller probe to pay it down.

Were you shedding these same tears as the Starr inquiry dragged on for years? Inquiring minds want to know.

lol ... those were the days when he also pretended to be concerned about the debt/deficit.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-13-2019, 10:00 AM)TJBender Wrote:

(02-13-2019, 10:03 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:00 AM)TJBender Wrote: Were you shedding these same tears as the Starr inquiry dragged on for years? Inquiring minds want to know.

lol ... those were the days when he also pretended to be concerned about the debt/deficit.

In 1998 I was too busy chasing women in my freshman year of college. Sorry to disappoint.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 11:58 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

So, should we simply let the criminals, who have been convicted or have been indicted and are awaiting trail, walk free?

White collar crime is a serious issue.

[Image: mueller-investigation-who-has-been-charg...913486.png]

(02-13-2019, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In 1998 I was too busy chasing women in my freshman year of college. Sorry to disappoint.

Uh OH.  You just ruined your chances of being President or a Supreme Court Justice.  Just curious, are the chicks hot at Phoenix University?

(02-13-2019, 11:55 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

So, should we simply let the criminals, who have been convicted or have been indicted and are awaiting trail, walk free?

White collar crime is a serious issue.

[Image: mueller-investigation-who-has-been-charg...913486.png]

(02-13-2019, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: In 1998 I was too busy chasing women in my freshman year of college. Sorry to disappoint.

Uh OH.  You just ruined your chances of being President or a Supreme Court Justice.  Just curious, are the chicks hot at Phoenix University?

So it took a special council to go outside its original mandate to nab these blue collar, non murderous criminals?

BTW, the entire special council was formed based on false information, but we can save that for another thread.

The original intent of your thread was to highlight waste, no?

(02-13-2019, 10:16 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:00 AM)TJBender Wrote: Were you shedding these same tears as the Starr inquiry dragged on for years? Inquiring minds want to know.

(02-13-2019, 10:03 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... those were the days when he also pretended to be concerned about the debt/deficit.

In 1998 I was too busy chasing women in my freshman year of college. Sorry to disappoint.
Typical freshman mistake. You don't chase the women but instead, make them chase you. Acting like you don't care is rule #1 in college flirting.

(02-13-2019, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Typical freshman mistake. You don't chase the women but instead, make them chase you. Acting like you don't care is rule #1 in college flirting.

Isn't that the truth.

(02-13-2019, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Typical freshman mistake. You don't chase the women but instead, make them chase you. Acting like you don't care is rule #1 in college flirting.

I'm just happy I was young when a freshman could chase women.  These days I think you need a lawyer present just to talk to them.

As for the debt, one party taxes and spends, the other borrows and spends.  There will never be any actual cuts until base line budgeting is outlawed and most likely not then either.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.