Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Garafolo says Mutual interest between Nick Foles and Jaguars

Mutual interest between Nick Foles and Jaguars

The Jacksonville Jaguars played their hand in their pursuit of Nick Foles by hiring John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator last month. Turns out, Foles may be persuaded to join his former coach in Jacksonville as well.

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-j...wEIc3JUldA
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't hate the idea, only because we have his former coach. But I would rather us draft Murray. I think he caters to today's game and will provide a much needed spark for our offense next year.

So zero sources. Just the way he 'feels'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

That article is nothing more than a bunch of speculation. Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

But - if the iggles price for Foles is down to a third round pick, I'd probably pull the trigger.
Obviously, making the cap space is a bit of a speed-bump, but it's do-able. And it's essentially a one year deal unless they work something out intending him to stay and start long-term.

(02-13-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That article is nothing more than a bunch of speculation.  Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

But  - if the iggles price for Foles is down to a third round pick, I'd probably pull the trigger.
Obviously, making the cap space is a bit of a speed-bump, but it's do-able.  And it's essentially a one year deal unless they work something out intending him to stay and start long-term.

He isn't even under contract with the Eagles so they can't trade him.

reads more like there is mutual interest between De Filippo and Foles than the Jags brass but either way I'd be surprised if they had no interest whatsoever.

Big key is if its interest as the bridge/stopgap or interest as QB of the future. I'd wager its the former atm

(02-13-2019, 05:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: reads more like there is mutual interest between De Filippo and Foles than the Jags brass but either way I'd be surprised if they had no interest whatsoever.  

Big key is if its interest as the bridge/stopgap or interest as QB of the future. I'd wager its the former atm

If so then there's no interest at that price.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-13-2019, 05:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: reads more like there is mutual interest between De Filippo and Foles than the Jags brass but either way I'd be surprised if they had no interest whatsoever.  

If so then there's no interest at that price.

yeah there's no way you give up picks and that money for a bridge. Nobody will tbh, eagles best hope is just let him be a FA and hope to get a good comp.

I hope not. I want Haskins.

Foles is highly overated plus he is still a back up qb when the starter gets hurt. with our offensseive line foles will end up hurt after at least 2 games. at this point bortles is best option for jags cause hes use to getting creamed all the time. he won't take team all the way,and isn't a great qb,bt he is use to getting creamed a lot. we have no offenssive line.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(02-13-2019, 07:15 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Foles is highly overated plus he is still a back up qb when the starter gets hurt. with our offensseive line foles will end up hurt after at least 2 games. at this point bortles is best option for jags cause hes use to getting creamed all the time. he won't take team all the way,and isn't a great qb,bt he is use to getting creamed a lot. we have no offenssive line.

You're right, Snowy. We need a Quarterback like Ndamukong Suh, he can take twice the creaming that Bortles can. Not only that, he is a FA, he also throws better and has more experience reading a defense.  Banana

(02-13-2019, 04:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I don't hate the idea, only because we have his former coach. But I would rather us draft Murray. I think he caters to today's game and will provide a much needed spark for our offense next year.

I would rather draft Haskins if we're going the rookie route.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-13-2019, 07:15 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Foles is highly overated plus he is still a back up qb when the starter gets hurt. with our offensseive line foles will end up hurt after at least 2 games. at this point bortles is best option for jags cause hes use to getting creamed all the time. he won't take team all the way,and isn't a great qb,bt he is use to getting creamed a lot. we have no offenssive line.

I thought you wanted a SB winning QB?

(02-13-2019, 05:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: That article is nothing more than a bunch of speculation.  Some of it makes sense, some of it doesn't.

But  - if the iggles price for Foles is down to a third round pick, I'd probably pull the trigger.
Obviously, making the cap space is a bit of a speed-bump, but it's do-able.  And it's essentially a one year deal unless they work something out intending him to stay and start long-term.

He isn't even under contract with the Eagles so they can't trade him.
a.   He's not technically a free agent till March 13th.

b.  the eagles have till march 5th to tag him   -  so yes, they can potentially trade him after tagging him if there are multiple teams after him

(02-13-2019, 08:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 05:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He isn't even under contract with the Eagles so they can't trade him.
a.   He's not technically a free agent till March 13th.

b.  the eagles have till march 5th to tag him   -  so yes, they can potentially trade him after tagging him if there are multiple teams after him

A. He opted out of his contract
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles has told the team he is voiding his option for the 2019 season, according to ESPN. ... Later, Foles reportedly told Philadelphia he would void that option, which means he must pay the Eagles his $2 million signing bonus from 2018 to opt out.

B. They can tag and try to trade him but it violates the CBA to tag to trade

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...e-the-cba/

Foles and his agents should challenge the franchise tag, if it’s applied. Article 4, Section 8, subsection (b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement states as follows: “A Club extending a Required Tender must, for so long as that Tender is extended, have a good faith intention to employ the player receiving the Tender at the Tender compensation level during the upcoming season.” If the Eagles would simply be tagging Foles to trade him, Foles should invoke this provision and fight the tag, via an expedited grievance that would be resolved before the start of free agency.

(02-13-2019, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:10 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: a.   He's not technically a free agent till March 13th.

A. He opted out of his contract
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles has told the team he is voiding his option for the 2019 season, according to ESPN. ... Later, Foles reportedly told Philadelphia he would void that option, which means he must pay the Eagles his $2 million signing bonus from 2018 to opt out.

Foles and his agents should challenge the franchise tag, if it’s applied. Article 4, Section 8, subsection (b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement states as follows: “A Club extending a Required Tender must, for so long as that Tender is extended, have a good faith intention to employ the player receiving the Tender at the Tender compensation level during the upcoming season.” If the Eagles would simply be tagging Foles to trade him, Foles should invoke this provision and fight the tag, via an expedited grievance that would be resolved before the start of free agency.

You're just saying the exact same thing I said, only you think you're saying something different. 

The contract extension he opted out of doesn't begin until March 13th, so he's still under contract, still taggable, and at that point still tradable. 

Could he go to court over the tag/trade scenario?  Sure, he could.  Doesn't mean he'll win anything.  

Questions for you:

Do you want Foles?

If you do - Would you rather pay a third round pick plus a one year salary, or sign him to a FA deal worth 50 million more?

(02-13-2019, 08:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:24 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A. He opted out of his contract

You're just saying the exact same thing I said, only you think you're saying something different. 

The contract extension he opted out of doesn't begin until March 13th, so he's still under contract, still taggable, and at that point still tradable. 

Could he go to court over the tag/trade scenario?  Sure, he could.  Doesn't mean he'll win anything.  

Questions for you:

Do you want Foles?

If you do - Would you rather pay a third round pick plus a one year salary, or sign him to a FA deal worth 50 million more?
But can they trade him right now? You said you would trade a 3rd for him I just said they can't right now being the 2018 season is over and he opted out of the 2019 season.  That's a tough question but I do hope we get Foles some how and draft a guy like DK Metcalf.  Metcalf has the tools to be a star imo.  I'd be ok with a trade back and Hockenson as well

(02-13-2019, 04:49 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: I don't hate the idea, only because we have his former coach. But I would rather us draft Murray. I think he caters to today's game and will provide a much needed spark for our offense next year.

Ah yes, a guaranteed failure. Awesome.

(02-13-2019, 08:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Ah yes, a guaranteed failure. Awesome.

Let's bash someones post without a rebuttal, yeah that sounds awesome. You're right my lord. So sorry for voicing my lowly peon opinion. Get real

(02-13-2019, 08:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 08:32 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: You're just saying the exact same thing I said, only you think you're saying something different. 

Questions for you:

Do you want Foles?

But can they trade him right now? You said you would trade a 3rd for him I just said they can't right now being the 2018 season is over and he opted out of the 2019 season.  That's a tough question but I do hope we get Foles some how and draft a guy like DK Metcalf.  Metcalf has the tools to be a star imo.  I'd be ok with a trade back and Hockenson as well
They can trade him once the league year starts. With the tag though, they can't trade him without him first signing the tag. So he can control what team he is traded to by refusing to sign the tag.

So it is stupid for any team to trade for him when he gets to choose and would just choose that team without them giving up a draft pick.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk