Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Going off topic

(02-14-2019, 04:37 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is there a policy that addresses derailed threads or is this up to the mods?

It's a little of both.  The CoC references it but it's pretty much up to the mods/admins.  In this case I made a judgment call.  The original thread was about the Supreme Court (specifically Justice John Roberts) and Abortion Law.

From the CoC:
Quote:Off topic threads and posts will be deleted.

I didn't delete the thread, I simply closed it with a statement that since it had gone off topic it was being closed and users are free to start a new thread to continue the discussion.  The content is still there for users to reference and read.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2019, 06:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 04:37 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Is there a policy that addresses derailed threads or is this up to the mods?

It's a little of both.  The CoC references it but it's pretty much up to the mods/admins.  In this case I made a judgment call.  The original thread was about the Supreme Court (specifically Justice John Roberts) and Abortion Law.

From the CoC:

I didn't delete the thread, I simply closed it with a statement that since it had gone off topic it was being closed and users are free to start a new thread to continue the discussion.  The content is still there for users to reference and read.

Not that you needed or wanted my approval but I think you did fine. The topic was going off the last two pages, and closing it but leaving it up for reference is appropriate. Much better than randomly deleting stuff.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-14-2019, 06:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

From the CoC:

If you don't like off-topic threads, it would be nice if you pointed out who made them off topic, and dock that person's reputation. Or prevent that person from docking the reputation of others.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Sunshine is good. Get some.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 09:47 PM by copycat.)

(02-14-2019, 09:25 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Sunshine is good. Get some.

No, he sucked.

(02-14-2019, 09:15 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 06:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's a little of both.  The CoC references it but it's pretty much up to the mods/admins.  In this case I made a judgment call.  The original thread was about the Supreme Court (specifically Justice John Roberts) and Abortion Law.

From the CoC:

If you don't like off-topic threads, it would be nice if you pointed out who made them off topic, and dock that person's reputation. Or prevent that person from docking the reputation of others.

Let it go man.  L E T   I T  G O!
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2019, 06:37 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: It's a little of both.  The CoC references it but it's pretty much up to the mods/admins.  In this case I made a judgment call.  The original thread was about the Supreme Court (specifically Justice John Roberts) and Abortion Law.

From the CoC:

You should understand that you won't know of any action taken to warn or otherwise discipline other members.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Thumbs Up  (This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 10:06 PM by mikesez.)

(02-14-2019, 10:02 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 09:15 PM)mikesez Wrote: If you don't like off-topic threads, it would be nice if you pointed out who made them off topic, and dock that person's reputation. Or prevent that person from docking the reputation of others.

You should understand that you won't know of any action taken to warn or otherwise discipline other members.

Oh. I did not know that. Ninja
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2019, 11:44 AM by Kane.)

(02-13-2019, 10:45 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:35 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Seems a bit childish to make two threads about it.

Also, look again if you think I derailed the thread.

You're not the one who derailed it.
This thread is about figuring out who to blame for the closed thread.
The other threat is figuring out how to use the reputation button going forward.
Rolleyes
Why do you care about the reputation button so much?
Stop being such a whiny lil ninny and people won't down vote you as much haha

"who do I blame for a closed thread"
Really kid? You're starting threads to assign blame for a thread being closed because it went off topic (I assume, I wasn't part of said thread)

Like... if you read that out loud real slow, doesn't it seem.... snowflakey? lol

You've essentially admitted to starting 2 threads to complain about 2 crybaby things (none of which have to do with actual politics, the theme of this board section)
You should be down voted and blocked from posting for spamming or trolling  Laughing

Figure out how to use the rep button? Earn a better rep. If you feel you're being mistreated, well #walkaway I guess.

From the CoC:

Maybe you should start your own MB... and you can be head MOD and then you can police the hundreds of trolls and fans and crybabies the way you want to