Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.

(02-14-2019, 10:21 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 10:15 AM)TJBender Wrote: We should have a rep store, where you can buy cool things with your reputation points.

Great idea! Every 10 points entitles you to a MAGA hat or a AOC for president button.

I'd rather have a "Because Jaguars" sweatshirt.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-13-2019, 11:23 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Is this a middle school party?
Didn't you start a thread because you didn't like someone down voting you? lol

My question was geared towards blocking trolls like tealrain who were doing the daily max 3 in a row.

(02-13-2019, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: What is the appropriate use of the reputation button?

Do you just use positive reputation to posts yuo agree with and negative reputation for posts you disagree with?

How do you think it should be used?

Could you have asked this question BEFORE you needlessly gave me two negative marks?  I mean honestly?

(02-14-2019, 11:12 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-13-2019, 10:06 PM)mikesez Wrote: What is the appropriate use of the reputation button?

Do you just use positive reputation to posts yuo agree with and negative reputation for posts you disagree with?

Could you have asked this question BEFORE you needlessly gave me two negative marks?  I mean honestly?

Maybe I should have.  You have not given me any marks, that's nice.  After the bad guy went and did what he did, I decided to imitate him and give bad marks to people disagreeing with me too.  I'll probably take your bad marks away.  
Shouldn't we all be giving bad marks to this other guy though, the one who originally derailed the thread and then bombed the reputation of everyone trying to drop knowledge on him?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2019, 11:51 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Personally, I update my LinkedIn page daily to reflect my Jaguars Message Board Reputation total.  It's a good way to set yourself apart from other candidates as potential employers review your qualifications.  It's also a good selling point when hooking up with chicks at 2am -- showing them a positive reputation # increases their trust factor .... kind of like a restaurant getting good Yelp reviews.

(02-14-2019, 11:27 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 11:12 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Could you have asked this question BEFORE you needlessly gave me two negative marks?  I mean honestly?

Maybe I should have.  You have not given me any marks, that's nice.  After the bad guy went and did what he did, I decided to imitate him and give bad marks to people disagreeing with me too.  I'll probably take your bad marks away.  
Shouldn't we all be giving bad marks to this other guy though, the one who originally derailed the thread and then bombed the reputation of everyone trying to drop knowledge on him?

Did I miss it? Who? With or without the reputation marks, doesn't the stupidity usually work itself out? I mean, as different as we all are there are only but a few that go out of their way to derail or add nothing constructive. Those folks normally fade away after shooting off their brainpower for the day.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-14-2019, 11:54 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(02-14-2019, 11:27 AM)mikesez Wrote: Maybe I should have.  You have not given me any marks, that's nice.  After the bad guy went and did what he did, I decided to imitate him and give bad marks to people disagreeing with me too.  I'll probably take your bad marks away.  

Did I miss it? Who? With or without the reputation marks, doesn't the stupidity usually work itself out? I mean, as different as we all are there are only but a few that go out of their way to derail or add nothing constructive. Those folks normally fade away after shooting off their brainpower for the day.

It's in my signature file.
See page 2 of the closed thread for where he derails it.

(02-14-2019, 11:50 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Personally, I update my LinkedIn page daily to reflect my Jaguars Message Board Reputation total.  It's a good way to set yourself apart from other candidates as potential employers review your qualifications.  It's also a good selling point when hooking up with chicks at 2am -- showing them a positive reputation # increases their trust factor .... kind of like a restaurant getting good Yelp reviews.

My chicks are attracted by who gave me negatives.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How is this political? More importantly, why is this something you worry about? It’s not as if you get voted off the board after a certain number of negatives.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

To the pit of misery!!!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-15-2019, 09:48 AM)B2hibry Wrote: To the pit of misery!!!

Dilly dilly!

(02-15-2019, 02:47 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How is this political? More importantly, why is this something you worry about? It’s not as if you get voted off the board after a certain number of negatives.

I know, right? When will the admins and mods start doing their job?!?!
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-15-2019, 10:19 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 02:47 AM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: How is this political? More importantly, why is this something you worry about? It’s not as if you get voted off the board after a certain number of negatives.

I know, right? When will the admins and mods start doing their job?!?!

Exactly! Tongue

The button doesn't even work for me as I use the throwback version of the board.

But yeah, I'd upvote a post here and there that struck me as very agreeable, making a keen point, or very funny.
If I could. 

I'm also on board with it going away entirely as there are just enough spiteful folks around that like to abuse the feature by downvoting someone they disagree with repeatedly.
If only I knew someone of real influence around here...

(02-15-2019, 01:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

The button doesn't even work for me as I use the throwback version of the board.

But yeah, I'd upvote a post here and there that struck me as very agreeable, making a keen point, or very funny.
If I could. 

I'm also on board with it going away entirely as there are just enough spiteful folks around that like to abuse the feature by downvoting someone they disagree with repeatedly.
If only I knew someone of real influence around here...

I'll try to fit you in, but my appointment book is pretty packed for the next eternity.

A newcomer might read a thread, and just see the number, and think, "everyone hates this guy" when really it's more like, "just one or two people really hate this guy".

(02-15-2019, 03:21 PM)mikesez Wrote:

A newcomer might read a thread, and just see the number, and think, "everyone hates this guy" when really it's more like, "just one or two people really hate this guy".

You worry too much about what other people think.

Someone brought this [BLEEP] into the light of day?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

When I get a negative rating I'm so upset that I have to go out and get loaded.

Wait, that's a normal day.

Never mind.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]