Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.

Spite still a thing in 2018?

say it ain't so...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 01:25 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-18-2019, 12:03 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 10:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Three pages.

Get a life, people.

*Looks at 12k + posts with 300+ reputation*

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong, cause I sure dodn't have that life.

Most likely you never will. Only those of us who are truly blessed may do so.  Tongue

My point being is that there are 3 pages of comments about reputation ratings. No one likes silliness and clatter more than me, but this weird fixation with a subject that seems middle-schoolish in temperament is just, well, silly. 

Now up vote me or I'll never speak to you again.

(02-18-2019, 01:18 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Spite still a thing in 2018?

say it ain't so...

I know, right? That's so last year.

(02-18-2019, 10:39 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 09:26 PM)mikesez Wrote: He is wrong.  I mean he's right that the truth is in the reputation history, but he's wrong that it vindicates him.
He started this on July 23rd 2018 at 11:11 a.m.
I responded 3 hours later.
The pattern continues on and on.
The only times I have ever gotten irked enough at him to negative rate him, is when I notice that he has just done so to me.  
Call it petty if you want. Reputation is meant indicate that you are respectful and can stay on topic. If you see something and disagree with you have three choices here. One, you can ignore it and move on. Two, you can reply with why you think that person is wrong. Or three, you can put a little flag on that person's reputation that everybody sees and indicate to others that they can't stay on topic and are disrespectful to other posters. Three is obviously the most petty choice possible. Call me petty if you want, but I am not the most petty person on this thread.

That's your assertion as to what the reputation points represent. I don't remember reading in the terms and conditions that negative rep means your commentary should be ignored, or that high rep means you are elite when it comes to staying on topic.

When someone gives you negative rep, you have three choices here.
1) You can be petty and downvote them in response, for no other reason;
2) You can call them out with a response in the thread (or update your sig);
3) You can ignore it an move on.

You'll probably downvote me for this response. I'll survive, somehow.

Nah.  You didn't say anything that upsets me.
And you didn't downvote me.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Some of you are missing the point of this thread.
It's mainly about the fact that no one agrees what the reputation button is for.  Should we all agree on what its proper use is or should the button go away?
Some of you have answered that question, and that's good.
But the thread is not about me.  To the extent that it's about any particular poster, it's about pirkster.
The one who started this.
The one who came on this thread and lied.  
We should probably just get rid of reputation ratings altogether, but, if they are going to stay, can we all just go and downvote pirkster for his lies, at least on this thread?

I think it's a pretty pointless thing to have. Not sure I've even used it bar maybe on Jaguars Woman

(02-18-2019, 12:03 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 10:41 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Three pages.

Get a life, people.

*Looks at 12k + posts with 300+ reputation*

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong, cause I sure dodn't have that life.

I think the fact you don't even have 4k+ posts means you're probably doing something right.

(02-18-2019, 02:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: Some of you are missing the point of this thread.
It's mainly about the fact that no one agrees what the reputation button is for.  Should we all agree on what its proper use is or should the button go away?
But the thread is not about me.  To the extent that it's about any particular poster, it's about pirkster.
We should probably just get rid of reputation ratings altogether, but, if they are going to stay, can we all just go and downvote pirkster for his lies, at least on this thread?

1. The rep button is whatever each user wants it to be used for. It’s not that hard, or that big of a deal.

2. Call out threads are against the rules and are warning worthy, and so are call out signatures.  

3. Dear God, let it go already! You are a grown [BLEEP] man whining about a damn reputation button that means nothing! Let that sink in for a minute if it hasn’t dawned on you already.

4. Seriously...let it go.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I don’t use the negative one. Even if someone pisses me off. I think it’s childish. I’ve used it maybe once. But here what I really don’t understand. Someone gave me a ‘neutral”. Really? What’s the point in that? To say” I really have no opinion on your post either way”. I have only gotten a few negatives. 2 of which by the same poster and one was a joke I made about the jags that apparently he didn’t think was funny. Not that I’m keeping track.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 04:52 PM by homebiscuit.)

(02-18-2019, 04:23 PM)Jags Wrote: I don’t use the negative one.  Even if someone pisses me off.  I think it’s childish.  I’ve used it maybe once.  But here what I really don’t understand.  Someone gave me a ‘neutral”. Really?     What’s the point in that?    To say” I really have no opinion on your post either way”.  I have only gotten a few negatives.  2 of which by the same poster and one was a joke I made about the jags that apparently he didn’t think was funny.  Not that I’m keeping track.

Raging moderates are so annoying, especially while wearing their extra medium sized clothes.

(02-18-2019, 04:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 02:11 PM)mikesez Wrote: Some of you are missing the point of this thread.

1. The rep button is whatever each user wants it to be used for. It’s not that hard, or that big of a deal.

2. Call out threads are against the rules and are warning worthy, and so are call out signatures.  

3. Dear God, let it go already! You are a grown [BLEEP] man whining about a damn reputation button that means nothing! Let that sink in for a minute if it hasn’t dawned on you already.

I up voted this.  Banana

(02-18-2019, 04:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:

I wasn't aware of those rules.
if I just put this individual on my ignore list, will that mean he can't see what I post either?

(02-18-2019, 07:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 04:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 1. The rep button is whatever each user wants it to be used for. It’s not that hard, or that big of a deal.

if I just put this individual on my ignore list, will that mean he can't see what I post either?

I believe he can see what you post, you just won’t see his posts.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

This thread is absolutely fascinating. Don't give up the good fight bb.

(02-19-2019, 01:05 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: This thread is absolutely fascinating. Don't give up the good fight bb.

Fascinating isn't exactly how I'd describe it...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

WOW

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2019, 09:04 AM by Sammy.)

I love this thread so much I am going to up-vote every reply ... once I figure out how to do that.

Edit: My up-vote plan was going along quite well ... Then I came to DF and realized I should have thought this through a little more.

(02-18-2019, 07:18 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 04:23 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: 1. The rep button is whatever each user wants it to be used for. It’s not that hard, or that big of a deal.

You mean you thought you knew it all before you start [BLEEP] about the rules of the game and are actually completely uninformed? Wow, it's like every other damn post you make.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-19-2019, 09:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 07:18 PM)mikesez Wrote: I wasn't aware of those rules.

You mean you thought you knew it all before you start [BLEEP] about the rules of the game and are actually completely uninformed? Wow, it's like every other damn post you make.

I feel like you might be commenting on the wrong thread. 
This thread started with me just asking questions.  No statements at all.
How can you construe that as me thinking I know it all?

(02-14-2019, 10:43 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: My question was geared towards blocking trolls like tealrain who were doing the daily max 3 in a row.
Sooo you didn’t like someone downvoting you?

Let the trolls troll dude.

WooHoo! Only one more until I hit the triple digit club! Then I receive... what is it again..? Surely it’s amazing though. I returned the favor Sammy. and thanks for the neutral flsprtsgod! I revenge nuetraled you. Then I felt guilty. So I +1’d it.

(02-19-2019, 02:26 PM)Jags Wrote: WooHoo!  Only one more until I hit the triple digit club!  Then I receive...  what is it again..?  Surely it’s amazing though.   I returned the favor Sammy.  and thanks for the neutral flsprtsgod!  I revenge nuetraled you.  Then I felt guilty.   So I +1’d it.
100!

Way to go! Stop by your local Buffalo Wild Wings for a free pint of cold crisp Bug Light.