Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
mikesez

(03-02-2019, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 06:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I don't think you can change anyone's mind right off the bat, but you can plant a seed that will lead them to a more reasonable position in the future.  Especially if you approach them in a mild manner.   

Obviously, you never change anyone's mind by opposing and attacking them.   All you do is back them into a corner and make them defensive.  There's an old saying, "No one ever wins an argument."  

I think if we're ever going to overcome the polarization in this country, we have to be willing to engage each other in a polite, open-minded way.  I don't mean that you have to try to adopt the other person's viewpoint.  What I mean by "open-minded" is that we give the other person credit for sincerity, and try to understand why they feel the way they do.

Unfortunately, technology has irrevocably changed that. We can now anonymously denigrate someone from the palm of our hand, from anywhere in the world. We are provided the tool to attack, and echo chamber safe spaces in which to retreat, at the touch of a finger. The art of debate and the spirit of magnanimity are forever lost. Snot face.

Whatever, puke face.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-02-2019, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Unfortunately, technology has irrevocably changed that. We can now anonymously denigrate someone from the palm of our hand, from anywhere in the world. We are provided the tool to attack, and echo chamber safe spaces in which to retreat, at the touch of a finger. The art of debate and the spirit of magnanimity are forever lost. Snot face.

Whatever, puke face.

If you ever actually say something nice to people I'll know you've either been hacked or someone has a gun to your head.  Big Grin

(03-03-2019, 04:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Whatever, puke face.

If you ever actually say something nice to people I'll know you've either been hacked or someone has a gun to your head.  Big Grin

The thing I like about him is he never seems to expects us to agree with him. I think everybody wants to be liked or at least tolerated, but sometimes I wonder with him. Cool
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-03-2019, 04:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

I appreciate your candor.

(03-03-2019, 05:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 04:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you ever actually say something nice to people I'll know you've either been hacked or someone has a gun to your head.  Big Grin

The thing I like about him is he never seems to expects us to agree with him. I think everybody wants to be liked or at least tolerated, but sometimes I wonder with him. Cool

I dont care if you agree with me, you have every right to be wrong. We'd probably get on well if we just went drinking at the local hole, the nature of the internet often breeds friction.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Is it time to shutdown this moronic thread yet? Can’t believe 4-pages dedicated to the squirmy works of a message board poster.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-03-2019, 11:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Is it time to shutdown this moronic thread yet? Can’t believe 4-pages dedicated to the squirmy works of a message board poster.

You settle down over there.  Don't let the title fool you this thread is really about FSG.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-04-2019, 06:57 AM)copycat Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 11:30 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Is it time to shutdown this moronic thread yet? Can’t believe 4-pages dedicated to the squirmy works of a message board poster.

You settle down over there.  Don't let the title fool you this thread is really about FSG.

It is? How's that?

(This post was last modified: 03-04-2019, 09:07 AM by copycat.)

(03-04-2019, 08:21 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 06:57 AM)copycat Wrote: You settle down over there.  Don't let the title fool you this thread is really about FSG.

It is? How's that?

Post #62 and #69 have made it all 'bout chu bro!

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-03-2019, 05:12 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 04:47 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: If you ever actually say something nice to people I'll know you've either been hacked or someone has a gun to your head.  Big Grin

I think we have all butted heads with him at some point in time over the years.  He never takes it seriously nor holds a grudge.  It must be working for flsprtsgod, look at his rating.

(03-04-2019, 09:06 AM)copycat Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 05:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: The thing I like about him is he never seems to expects us to agree with him. I think everybody wants to be liked or at least tolerated, but sometimes I wonder with him. Cool

I think we have all butted heads with him at some point in time over the years.  He never takes it seriously nor holds a grudge.  It must be working for flsprtsgod, look at his rating.

I really do like all you lugheads, we'z all Jag fans and unified by our collective misery.

And I made the "500 Club"! Woo hoo! 

[Image: tumblr_lqen8ufiV71qcgzkno2_500.gif]

Ha this thread went all over the place. Which is pretty darn cool. I was trying to get to the point of claiming if you pull the Blue lever, or the Red lever ... You aren't in the middle, you are a lefty, or righty. I have another thread idea. One that will most likely flop.

(03-04-2019, 11:40 AM)Sammy Wrote: Ha this thread went all over the place. Which is pretty darn cool. I was trying to get to the point of claiming if you pull the Blue lever, or the Red lever ... You aren't in the middle, you are a lefty, or righty.  I have another thread idea. One that will most likely flop.

Well you are the Dark Lord!

(03-02-2019, 09:58 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 09:08 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Snot face.

Whatever, puke face.

So, I just pulled up this 4-page thread for the 1st time in a few weeks to see what people were posting .....

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c7d58a737716d4e63ccf3d7]

(03-04-2019, 12:56 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

So, I just pulled up this 4-page thread for the 1st time in a few weeks to see what people were posting .....

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c7d58a737716d4e63ccf3d7]

[Image: giphy.gif]