Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN Ticker - Jaguars Expected to Sign Foles

(03-03-2019, 03:00 PM)JNev Wrote: Is it my 1st choice? No, but it’s a viable plan. Foles isn’t trash by any means. I’d like to aim higher at QB, but we can certainly win a ring with him and our defense obviously. Defense in play now at 7?

I think a trade down becomes a possibility now moreso than a D pick.

If Haskins isn't there at 7 you at least have your QB in Foles and dont have to reach for Daniels/Lock.

If another teams wants to jump up for a QB or one of the Defensive studs Jacksonville can still fall back and get a stud TE/OL at better value.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-03-2019, 02:44 PM)JNev Wrote: Rd 1: BAP
Rd 2: Fant
Rd 3: Grier
Rd 4: Snell/Henderson/Singletary

Prosper

I like this alot. We can win "more" games now with Foles.

We lost 7 games by a touchdown or less in 2018. With Foles could we have won 4 of those or more? IMO, yes we could have.

That's the way I'm looking at 2019. We have DEN, KC, OAK, LAC, ATL, CAR, NO, TB, CINN, NYJ .531 SOS.

If the defense can get back to 2017 form, we can get 9 to 10 wins IMO.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(03-03-2019, 03:00 PM)JNev Wrote: Is it my 1st choice? No, but it’s a viable plan. Foles isn’t trash by any means. I’d like to aim higher at QB, but we can certainly win a ring with him and our defense obviously. Defense in play now at 7?

Devin White, LB LSU

Solid MLB moves Jack back outside. Defense now airtight and rock solid.

Follow up with OLs/TEs/WRs...
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 03:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Prosper

Fant went be there with our 2nd pick.  He will be the 2nd TE picked and 2 TEs will be picked before our 2nd pick. I could see NE or NO taking him

Looks like the FO is trying to give this team the best chance to win a SB

(03-03-2019, 02:57 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: If Haskins is there at 7 sure you can grab him...

But to me Foles signing signals a "Win Now" mentality.

I think Foles plus a draft like below could make the offense very good.

1st: OL (Taylor/Ford)
2nd: TE (Fant/Smith) OL (Little/Lindstom) WR (Brown/Butler)
3rd: WR/OL/TE
3rd: WR/OL/TE
If Foles is their guy, I believe their draft will be able to go BAP on their board at either offensive line, wide receiver or tight end. I guess it's possible they'd go defense if Bosa fell to them, but that's not going to happen. It would be interesting to see who'd they would rank higher between Taylor, Metcalf and Hockenson. I do believe it will likely end up looking like this:

1st: Taylor (release Parnell)
2nd: Irv Smith
3rd: WR (somebody will drop that they don't expect, hopefully Butler.)
3rd: Erik McCoy
4th: Q.B.- Finley or Stidham

Foles would have to be happy with the offensive line they have assembled in addition to the two rookie pass-catchers. They still get a potential future starter at q.b. I just pray Taylor wouldn't turn out to be another Luke Joeckel!

(03-03-2019, 03:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Prosper

Fant went be there with our 2nd pick.  He will be the 2nd TE picked and 2 TEs will be picked before our 2nd pick.  I could see NE or NO taking him

Fine, Irv Smith then. Crazier things have happened though. I can dream

[Image: hCUSUL6.gif]

If Fournette and the run game show up, Foles is good enough to make those big time throws when needed.

No need to put the offense on Foles' shoulders. The key to this offense and defense is run production and ball control.

(03-03-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like the FO is trying to give this team the best chance to win a SB
For a single season.

Signing Foles does not give this team the best shot at continued success.

I'm ok with this. But im also ok with going after haskins too. We have to be aggressive with the qb position. We've missed on all of them since moving on from Brunell..... I'd still trade up for Haskins.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(03-03-2019, 03:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-03-2019, 03:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Looks like the FO is trying to give this team the best chance to win a SB
For a single season.

Point being missing on Foles and Haskins/Murray would set them up how?

Does anyone actually think we are SB contenders with Foles? I don't think we'll even be the best team in our division

Foles is highly overrated. he only looked good with eagles cause of a great offenssive line,and a Super star WR. unforttanttly Jags don't have either. Jags have some of the worst luck for injurys to key players. 2017 season was a fluke as far as injurys. Foles will be a major mistake.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(03-03-2019, 04:10 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Foles is highly overrated. he only looked good with eagles cause of a great offenssive line,and a Super star WR. unforttanttly Jags don't have either.  Jags have some of the worst luck for injurys to key players.  2017 season was a fluke as far as injurys. Foles will be a major mistake.

This coming from you or your dad?  You are usually the positive one.

Offensive playmaker like Hockenson/Metcalf in the first to give Foles a weapon. And I still like Grier so I would love him in the second. If Murray or Haskins fell to 7 I’d be fine taking one of them still as well.

Tbh foles and drafting stidham seems lime a good option. Stidham has been getting rave reviewes since the senior bowl and if we sign foles to 3 years he would have a legit QB to learn from unlike anything we have done before as a franchise
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(03-03-2019, 03:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
For a single season.

If the news is to be believed, this won’t be a massive QB deal that will paralyze our cap.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2019, 04:27 PM by jagshype.)

(03-03-2019, 04:09 PM)JackCity Wrote: Does anyone actually think we are SB contenders with Foles? I don't think we'll even be the best team in our division

If the Jags can run the ball with average production from Foles and the defense gets a slight uptick in sacks & turnovers over last year, then with out a doubt yes.

I feel like theres no way our offense is as bad as last year just because of injuries. But then i look at the luck the chargers had lol
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]