Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Metcalf or Hockenson
Metcalf
Hockenson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Metcalf or Hockenson

(03-04-2019, 11:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 02:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree.

But if you take a TE who can block as well as catch, wouldn't that alleviate some of the concern with the offensive line?

No.

Did having Marcedes Lewis make up for a bad offensive line when he was here?

He was kept in to block, and his receiving skills were minimized as a result.

Lewis certainly helped when used correctly. 2017 being a good example

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 01:07 AM by rpr52121.)

At WR, Jags really need a "contested-catch" jump ball type player. I think a few of those type of guys could fall with the overall depth in this draft and with most teams seeming to value speed and cone drills this year.

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2019, 12:52 AM by Setsuna00.)

Hockenson first round. Also Metcalf's 3 Cone Drill was worse than Tom Brady's. Let that sink in for those who voted for him. SMH.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-04-2019, 11:09 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 02:52 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree.

But if you take a TE who can block as well as catch, wouldn't that alleviate some of the concern with the offensive line?

No.

Did having Marcedes Lewis make up for a bad offensive line when he was here?

He was kept in to block, and his receiving skills were minimized as a result.

I'm surprised at that response.   I said "A TE who can block as well as catch..."  Marcedes could block, but catch?  Not much.  Serviceable, yes, but not good enough to threaten a defense.  Marcedes was like a tackle-eligible.  

A TE who can do both is so valuable because the defense doesn't know what he's going to do.  Rob Gronkowski is a perfect example.

Just watched Hockenson's highlight videos, as I had never seen him play. The guy would be an awesome addition. I can find another tall fast can't run routes or change direction well wide receiver in another round if wanted.

Metcalf is OVERRATED! Outside of Haskins, Hockenson is the ONLY offensive SKILL player I take in the top 10.

Hock.
Inline blocker who can also receive.

As much as we may need a "true #1 WR" blah blah blah... our WR room is a lil crowded right now and spending a first overall for a guy who will (with good reason or not) be held back on the depth chart by Chark, Westbrook, and Lee. Hock immediately becomes #1 TE and is on the field for every offensive play as a rookie (just about)

I love Metcalf. But being a combine freak doesn't change the fact that we have bigger needs right now. TE, RG, QB. Those have to be our first picks (dependent on Foles signing I suppose)

(03-08-2019, 01:08 PM)Kane Wrote: Hock.
Inline blocker who can also receive.

As much as we may need a "true #1 WR" blah blah blah... our WR room is a lil crowded right now and spending a first overall for a guy who will (with good reason or not) be held back on the depth chart by Chark, Westbrook, and Lee. Hock immediately becomes #1 TE and is on the field for every offensive play as a rookie (just about)

I love Metcalf. But being a combine freak doesn't change the fact that we have bigger needs right now. TE, RG, QB. Those have to be our first picks (dependent on Foles signing I suppose)

Agreed. Hockenson is a "complete" TE.

Hockenson all day.

(03-05-2019, 12:03 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: At WR, Jags really need a "contested-catch" jump ball type player. I think a few of those type of guys could fall with the overall depth in this draft and with most teams seeming to value speed and cone drills this year.

Bortles needed that type of WR because he didn't throw with timing or accuracy, but by and large the NFL is very much going away from the low probability contested catches and toward the wide open space YAC receivers.

(03-10-2019, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-05-2019, 12:03 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: At WR, Jags really need a "contested-catch" jump ball type player. I think a few of those type of guys could fall with the overall depth in this draft and with most teams seeming to value speed and cone drills this year.

Bortles needed that type of WR because he didn't throw with timing or accuracy, but by and large the NFL is very much going away from the low probability contested catches and toward the wide open space YAC receivers.

Fran Duffy and Greg Cosell had a really good podcast about big receivers recently

(03-10-2019, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote:

If Foles is our next QB, he loved throwing the high "go get it" catches to Ertz and Jeffrey. It doesn't need to be the focal point like with Bortles, but having the ability to use it at times is very helpful in the red zone, on big 3rd/4th down plays at the end of the game, and when facing pressure. Versatility is the most important ability in today's NFL.

On top of that, given that other teams are not valuing those receivers, they may be cheaper than expected.

(03-10-2019, 12:33 AM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 12:07 AM)Upper Wrote: Bortles needed that type of WR because he didn't throw with timing or accuracy, but by and large the NFL is very much going away from the low probability contested catches and toward the wide open space YAC receivers.

Fran Duffy and Greg Cosell had a really good podcast about big receivers recently

Interesting, can you give a short summary?

Hockenson.

He is really fast for a TE. Good hands and can break some tackles. I would love to see the Jags with a real TE receiver once in my life.

I dont know what to think about Metcalf. But we are good at WR with Lee (if healthy...), Westbrook, Chark and maybe Cole. Add a cheap veteran in FA and Hockenson.

Title of video is a bit of clickbait, but it’s a fairly even take on Metcalf film/skills vs. flaws.

Just read this: https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...hockenson/

It's near impossible to read that and not come away thinking that Hockenson would be the perfect player for our offense. If they go that way at 7 I will be happy.

Yeah i read that and im down with hock at 7. Especially considering foles confort blanket is normally a TE.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(03-20-2019, 08:45 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Just read this: https://www.lockedonjaguars.com/jaguars/...hockenson/

It's near impossible to read that and not come away thinking that Hockenson would be the perfect player for our offense. If they go that way at 7 I will be happy.

Yeah, I believe Hockenson is the best TE to come out in some time.  Probably since Vernon Davis.  His blocking is ridiculous, athletic, great size, and a really good pass catcher.  I really do feel like he will be the p8ck

Hockenson isn't as good as Howard IMO.

(03-21-2019, 11:51 AM)Upper Wrote: Hockenson isn't as good as Howard IMO.

I liked Goedert and Howard a lot and were about the same for me but I like TJ more.  Goedert and Howard were both good blockers but Hockenson is just on another level.  Dude drives defenders 20 yards into the dirt on multiple occasions.   Hockenson is a better pass catcher as well, especially when he will get more opportunities.  He had 760 yrds and 6 TDs while splitting snaps with Fant in a run heavy offense.  I'd put Hockenson up there with Vernon Davis, Shockey, and Winslow