Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Metcalf or Hockenson
Metcalf
Hockenson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Metcalf or Hockenson

Howard's an awesome blocker too, and while Hock is a very good athlete Howard is still on another level. I don't think there is quite the upside in Hock, though I'd still be happy with him at 7.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-21-2019, 12:15 PM)Upper Wrote: Howard's an awesome blocker too, and while Hock is a very good athlete Howard is still on another level. I don't think there is quite the upside in Hock, though I'd still be happy with him at 7.

Kittle and Goedert were pretty awesome blockers too but Hockenson is on a different level and it's really not debatable.  How is Howard on another level as an athlete?  Hockenson has a 7 inch higher vert,  better broad jump,  and their 20 and 60 yes shuffle were almost identical.   Hockenson also had the production and was able to jump the "athlete "on the depth chart who some think should be a top 10 pick and pull off the award given to the best college TE, something Howars and Fant failed to do

(03-21-2019, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 11:51 AM)Upper Wrote: Hockenson isn't as good as Howard IMO.

I liked Goedert and Howard a lot and were about the same for me but I like TJ more.  Goedert and Howard were both good blockers but Hockenson is just on another level.  Dude drives defenders 20 yards into the dirt on multiple occasions.   Hockenson is a better pass catcher as well, especially when he will get more opportunities.  He had 760 yrds and 6 TDs while splitting snaps with Fant in a run heavy offense.  I'd put Hockenson up there with Vernon Davis, Shockey, and Winslow

Well hopefully he has better career than those 3 guys.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-21-2019, 01:14 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 12:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I liked Goedert and Howard a lot and were about the same for me but I like TJ more.  Goedert and Howard were both good blockers but Hockenson is just on another level.  Dude drives defenders 20 yards into the dirt on multiple occasions.   Hockenson is a better pass catcher as well, especially when he will get more opportunities.  He had 760 yrds and 6 TDs while splitting snaps with Fant in a run heavy offense.  I'd put Hockenson up there with Vernon Davis, Shockey, and Winslow

Well hopefully he has better career than those 3 guys.

I'd be good with a Jeremy Shockey type career.  Shockey was beast in his prime and Injuries killed Window.  Vernon Davis has had a pretty good career as well

(03-21-2019, 02:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:14 PM)Dimson Wrote: Well hopefully he has better career than those 3 guys.

I'd be good with a Jeremy Shockey type career.  Shockey was beast in his prime and Injuries killed Window.  Vernon Davis has had a pretty good career as well

Shockey, maybe. Davis? Not worth where he was picked.

(03-21-2019, 02:29 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'd be good with a Jeremy Shockey type career.  Shockey was beast in his prime and Injuries killed Window.  Vernon Davis has had a pretty good career as well

Shockey, maybe. Davis? Not worth where he was picked.

Shockey was better but Davis is 9th all time recieving yards for TEs.

(03-21-2019, 02:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: Shockey, maybe. Davis? Not worth where he was picked.

Interesting. I don't ever remember him being all that great. Most I remember about him is the Mike Singletary incident.

(03-21-2019, 02:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:29 PM)Dimson Wrote: Shockey, maybe. Davis? Not worth where he was picked.

Receiving wise, Davis was better. Especially when you look at TDs. Davis has the endge in every other stat as well.

(03-21-2019, 02:57 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 02:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Shockey was better but Davis is 9th all time recieving yards for TEs.

Receiving wise, Davis was better. Especially when you look at TDs. Davis has the endge in every other stat as well.

Naw, give me Shockey.  Shockey in his early days was a beast.

Hockenson also only had 1 drop all year

Seems like everyone is preferring Hockenson to Metcalf.

(03-21-2019, 10:05 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Seems like everyone is preferring Hockenson to Metcalf.

Not everyone.  Its 60/40

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2019, 07:01 AM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Hockenson is more of an impact player on day one. Solid receiver and outstanding blocker. Usually rookie TEs don’t put up good receiving stats year one, but Hockenson sure would help blocking. Metcalf has insane measurables as we are all aware. Not very good cone drill indicticating he may have trouble with separating at the next level, but when I watched some tape on the kid I don’t see that as a problem. He is very raw and would need time and I don’t see him having as big impact year 1 as Hockenson would, but if all the stars align for Metcalf he will be a superstar. My comp for him is Terrell Owens right now. At #7 overall I would rather swing for the superstar in Metcalf than what I see Hockenson to be which is a solid player who could make some pro bowls. Metcalf, atleast TALENT wise, has all pro/HOF type potential but it would be all up to him.

Terrell Owens has been a popular comp for Metcalf lately.

Between the two:

I'd take Metcalf. He's just a freak of nature.

There are plenty of TE on the board after our first pick.

However, I would be in no way disappointed with either player.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-22-2019, 07:54 AM)Upper Wrote: Terrell Owens has been a popular comp for Metcalf lately.

So they're trying to down-grade his stock?

(03-25-2019, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 07:54 AM)Upper Wrote: Terrell Owens has been a popular comp for Metcalf lately.

So they're trying to down-grade his stock?

Come again?

I'd take either one since both are much needed..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(03-25-2019, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 08:32 AM)Mikey Wrote: So they're trying to down-grade his stock?

Come again?

my opinion of me-O in negligible.

Easily Hockensen.