Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Metcalf or Hockenson
Metcalf
Hockenson
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Metcalf or Hockenson

(04-08-2019, 02:28 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 10:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Metcalf isn't even the best WR in this class. He's big and fast but so are a lot of WRs.

Best WR is a subjective term. Ask yourself who is the best for this team.

For instance, I have seen Marquise Brown ranked higher, but Marquise is a 168-lb WR coming off a Liz Frank injury. We already have tiny WRs. What we can use far more is Megatron 2.0. Who fits that role better?
No one is Megatron 2.0. That's my issue.

Anyone thinking that Metcalf is the next Calvin Johnson is sorely mistaken. I would much rather have both Browns, Harry or Butler before Metcalf. Big boy who can only run fast in a straight line? Pass.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2019, 10:06 AM by PF*.)

(04-04-2019, 10:35 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-04-2019, 10:15 PM)Dimson Wrote: My issue with Metcalf is his ability to stay healthy. That is it.

And I'd bet that is one of the biggest questions going forward about him, yea? 

A fracture in your C3 or C4 (can't remember which one he had off the top of my head) vertebrae is no joke. He even said himself, that he isn't suppose to be where he is at right now after that (can't remember the exact words he used, he said it at the combine in a interview). That is a serious injury to overcome, let alone being able to play football again. It's definitely something that can't be over looked.

You are so right, it is no joke. He's one hit away from serious injury- I realize they all are but seriously, a C3/C4 fracture? Drafting this guy or the WR with the Lis Franc would be a mistake, IMO- Edit: Marquise Brown.

At this point, I think if they don't draft Hockenson there should be a run on pitchforks and torches around town. There are solid OL guys at our second- Risner, Lindstrom, McGary, Little, McCoy etc. are all projected around there.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Anyone find it suspicious we havent met with Hockenson? They have met with pretty much everyone except him.

(04-16-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone find it suspicious we havent met with Hockenson?   They have met with pretty much everyone except him.

That could be a good thing. Dave likes to play the first round pick really close to the vest.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-16-2019, 09:59 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 09:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Anyone find it suspicious we havent met with Hockenson?   They have met with pretty much everyone except him.

That could be a good thing. Dave likes to play the first round pick really close to the vest.

I'm thinking that as well

That's how Dave played it when he was being sneaky with Bortles.

(04-16-2019, 10:18 AM)Upper Wrote: That's how Dave played it when he was being sneaky with Bortles.

Hmmm. Maybe he is going to go QB since he is being so quiet?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

I'm kinda thinking we are leaning towards Hockenson for the one simple reason that we hanvent met with him and we have met with pretty much every other top prospect

(04-16-2019, 10:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm kinda thinking we are leaning towards Hockenson for the one simple reason that we hanvent met with him and we have met with pretty much every other top prospect

Either that - or they know Hock is going top twenty and TC is already vetoed the notion of drafting a TE at #7 so they aren't bothering.

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 11:02 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-16-2019, 10:41 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 10:21 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm kinda thinking we are leaning towards Hockenson for the one simple reason that we hanvent met with him and we have met with pretty much every other top prospect

Either that - or they know Hock is going top twenty and TC is already vetoed the notion of drafting a TE at #7 so they aren't bothering.

Think they would of met with him just in case of a trade back scenario just in case we trade back.  Unless they just plan on taking him at 7 so they don't risk losing him because there is a possibility that Det.or Buff. will take him.  Especially Buff.

Here's the Det message board discussing a Hock pick

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/...131213006/

Bill's message board

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthr...ensen-at-9

why you gotta poop on our parade?

( I fear you may have a valid point)

Hockenson over Metcalf.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2019, 07:09 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

DJ has Hockenson as his number 4 player overall on his latest bigboard. The highest I've ever seen a TE on a big board. Deserving though imo, I think TJ is that good too

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000...AEA&sr=amp

I just saw this.

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2019/04...s9A_aWBmlg

I think you can rule out Hockenson at this point.  The team wouldn't say anything a day or two before the draft that would indicate their true intentions.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2019, 06:02 AM by JackCity.)

Hockenson hasn't gone on a visit with any team as far as I know, so can't really read anything from him not visiting with us

Leading all rookies in recieving. Winning a lot of his 1 on 1 matchups. A matchup nightmare. As much as I liked the Taylor pick we might regret passing on a talent like Metcalf.