Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Trebek has stage four pancreatic cancer!

Nooo!!!!

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/06/alex-treb...-retiring/
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's tough news. Hope he can beat it.

That sucks.

That is terrible, I commend him for continuing to work. I would be flat on my back drugged out. I'm weak like that though.

(03-06-2019, 06:40 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: That's tough news. Hope he can beat it.

That's highly unlikely, it's pretty much a death sentence. God bless him, it's a hard road he's going down.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ugh. Odds are not in his favor.

My Mom has the same thing, spread to her liver and she's fighting it quite well

Wish Alex the best of luck
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 08:09 PM by mikesez.)

Very sad. I hope he is comfortable and alert and spending as much time with his family as possible
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 08:26 PM by Jags.)

(03-06-2019, 07:27 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 06:40 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: That's tough news. Hope he can beat it.

That's highly unlikely, it's pretty much a death sentence. God bless him, it's a hard road he's going down.

Agreed.  That’s not typically one people beat.   Especially at stage 4.

(03-06-2019, 07:44 PM)The Drifter Wrote: My Mom has the same thing, spread to her liver and she's fighting it quite well

Wish Alex the best of luck

God bless her.  Wishing her and the family the best.  Hopefully she continues the fight and kicks it in the [BLEEP]. Then, flips it the bird afterwards.

My previous boss had this exact diagnosis...stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It's pretty much a death sentence. She was diagnosed in December 2016 and remarkably she is still alive today. No current signs of the disease.

(03-07-2019, 10:12 AM)Brett Wrote: My previous boss had this exact diagnosis...stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It's pretty much a death sentence. She was diagnosed in December 2016 and remarkably she is still alive today. No current signs of the disease.

That's fantastic!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-07-2019, 10:12 AM)Brett Wrote: My previous boss had this exact diagnosis...stage 4 pancreatic cancer. It's pretty much a death sentence. She was diagnosed in December 2016 and remarkably she is still alive today. No current signs of the disease.
Are you serious?! That's incredible.

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2019, 11:16 AM by Brett.)

Yep, I was a residency coordinator at a hospital in CA for the department of OB/GYN. My boss was the residency director AND the Chair of the department at the time including being an OB/GYN doctor. It was on hard on everyone but she went through some extensive therapy and the community was pretty religious so lots of prayers, etc. I worked with her for 2.5 years and ended up moving cross country once I got married in 2017. But from time to time I see some social media posts from her that she is still showing no signs of disease. Pretty remarkable.

A good friend of mine had a glioblastoma tumor, which is almost always a death sentence as well, and she had a complete recovery with minimal treatment. Like, 100% recovery. In scans you can see the space in her brain the tumor occupied but she has had zero side effects from it. Lots and lots of prayers went up for her and I believe she was healed. 

A death sentence isn't a true death sentence until they're actually dead.