Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Daylight Saving Time 2019

Darker quicker, better.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-08-2019, 03:45 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 03:35 PM)copycat Wrote: Take an hour of daylight from the morning and move to the evening so you can have more daylight.  Seems spot on to me but OK.

DST isn't about having more daylight in absolute terms, it's about shifting factory hours to be more inline with daylight hours the idea being that would increase productivity. There's plenty of evidence that says productivity doesn't work that way and there are plenty of reasons to get rid of DST but a tired old "quote" from some mythical Native American isn't one of them.

Who pee'd in your Cocoa Krispy's?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

On the “bright side” I did sleep in until 5:30 this morning. Maybe I’ll even be able to stay up until 10:30

(03-08-2019, 02:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 07:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I literally just got used to the time change from fall. But I've also been recovering from major abdominal surgery since September so everything has been kind of off kilter for me. 

Bowel resection is no joke. It'll jack you up, especially when you're not expecting it.

Oh that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I had mine spliced a few years ago, worst Thanksgiving weekend ever. Got me a nice 8 inch scar up my mid-section though, the chicks are really grossed out by it (or by me, whatever). Surgeon did a good job leaving my navel intact though, so I got that going for me. I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to do those stretches so your scar doesn't tighten up and leave you stooped over!

Thanks. It's been a slow recovery but it's better than the alternative. I've definitely been staying mobile so the suture line doesn't get stiff. Digestion is getting better. Who knew 3 inches could make such a difference!? Getting my energy back slowly. I'm normally a fall/winter person, but with everything that has gone on I am SO ready for spring. Flowers, birds coming back, green grass, leaves in the trees....

(03-12-2019, 01:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 02:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Oh that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I had mine spliced a few years ago, worst Thanksgiving weekend ever. Got me a nice 8 inch scar up my mid-section though, the chicks are really grossed out by it (or by me, whatever). Surgeon did a good job leaving my navel intact though, so I got that going for me. I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to do those stretches so your scar doesn't tighten up and leave you stooped over!

Thanks. It's been a slow recovery but it's better than the alternative. I've definitely been staying mobile so the suture line doesn't get stiff. Digestion is getting better. Who knew 3 inches could make such a difference!? Getting my energy back slowly. I'm normally a fall/winter person, but with everything that has gone on I am SO ready for spring. Flowers, birds coming back, green grass, leaves in the trees....

What is this fall/winter and spring stuff that you speak of?  Here we have "winter" where it gets cold enough that you have to wear long pants for a couple of weeks, "love bug season", "pollen season" then summer for 7-9 months.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-12-2019, 07:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 01:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Thanks. It's been a slow recovery but it's better than the alternative. I've definitely been staying mobile so the suture line doesn't get stiff. Digestion is getting better. Who knew 3 inches could make such a difference!? Getting my energy back slowly. I'm normally a fall/winter person, but with everything that has gone on I am SO ready for spring. Flowers, birds coming back, green grass, leaves in the trees....

What is this fall/winter and spring stuff that you speak of?  Here we have "winter" where it gets cold enough that you have to wear long pants for a couple of weeks, "love bug season", "pollen season" then summer for 7-9 months.

You forget, I live in NC now. We have four seasons here!

(03-07-2019, 07:24 AM)Sammy Wrote: I hate people like you ... all happy, and peppy all the time. I hate DST with a passion, and if you don't share the loathe of DST with me, we will take this matter over to the political board ... where I will apologize.  Tongue

It takes a few decades to get used to it.

I love the later daylight hours with DST. Going back to standard time in the fall puts me in a funk.