Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Giants agree to trade Vernon to Browns

Quote:The New York Giants have agreed to a trade that will send Pro Bowl outside linebacker Olivier Vernon to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for right guard Kevin Zeitler, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.

LINK

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Remember when you chose the Giants over Jax Olivier?

Well, enjoy Cleveland.

(03-08-2019, 04:18 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Remember when you chose the Giants over Jax Olivier?

Well, enjoy Cleveland.

Because Jax wasnt "sexy enough". How sexy is Cleveland Olivier??

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-ja...cksonville

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Crazy how so often these huge FA signings (even ours) are traded and cut after a few years. Considering the production that teams are receiving along with their enormous contracts, (Contract/Production) really makes you understand how important drafting is.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 03:11 AM by JackCity.)

Vernon is still pretty good despite battling injury.

7 sacks, 5 TFLs, and 23 QB hits in only 12 games

(03-09-2019, 03:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: Vernon is still pretty good despite battling injury.

I have never been a huge fan of his.

But those knocking him on being in Cleveland missed the boat, I think . The Browns appear to have a good to great future, assuming they made a good coaching hire in Kitchens.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-09-2019, 03:08 AM)JackCity Wrote: Vernon is still pretty good despite battling injury.

He will also never see a single double team in Cleveland.

(This post was last modified: 03-09-2019, 10:00 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(03-09-2019, 06:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

I have never been a huge fan of his.

But those knocking him on being in Cleveland missed the boat, I think . The Browns appear to have a good to great future, assuming they made a good coaching hire in Kitchens.
I said pre2018 draft that cleveland will be like the 2017 jags D if they keep the same D and add a decent QB.  They got baker like i wanted and now are adding more beef to the DLine.  Keep sleeping on Cleveland and watch them take over the North.  I gave them two years so if they win the division this year, i wont get any money but ill sleep well knowing my knowledge reigns supreme in my football circle.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-09-2019, 09:59 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 06:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: I have never been a huge fan of his.

I said pre2018 draft that cleveland will be like the 2017 jags D if they keep the same D and add a decent QB.  They got baker like i wanted and now are adding more beef to the DLine.  Keep sleeping on Cleveland and watch them take over the North.  I gave them two years so if they win the division this year, i wont get any money but ill sleep well knowing my knowledge reigns supreme in my football circle.
The rest of the teams are failing apart with their personnel choices so they should win the division

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Browns have a seriously solid group not sure why people are bagging on them. Anyways this was a great move for both teams. Giants had atrocious offensive line play and got a solid player in return.

(03-09-2019, 06:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Browns have a seriously solid group not sure why people are bagging on them. Anyways this was a great move for both teams. Giants had atrocious offensive line play and got a solid player in return.

I agree. 

Good for both, and the Browns should be on everyone’s radar right now. 

They had some impressive wins in 2018.  

If that Mayfield to Landry hook up stays hot, they’ll be fun to watch too.

(03-09-2019, 06:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 06:12 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Browns have a seriously solid group not sure why people are bagging on them. Anyways this was a great move for both teams. Giants had atrocious offensive line play and got a solid player in return.

I agree. 

Good for both, and the Browns should be on everyone’s radar right now. 

They had some impressive wins in 2018.  

If that Mayfield to Landry hook up stays hot, they’ll be fun to watch too.

I agree as well.  Browns aren’t the Browns anymore.  My only question about the team is whether it was a good idea or not to not hire Williams as HC.  After they canned hue Jackson the W’s staring Coming.  Forgive me but I don’t recall the new hire.  Perhaps he’s light years ahead.  But tough to not remove the interim tag on a guy that actually got them wins.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 09:21 AM by Bullseye.)

Now this I'm not so sure about.

Cleveland just spent a ton of money to get Zeitler, a pretty good guard.

They need to protect their new QB and open up holes for Hunt.  To send him away for an average to slightly above average DE in Oliver doesn't make too much sense to me, unless they may be targeting a guy like Lindstrom in the 1st.

The Giants, on the other hand, seriously upgraded their OL.  That unit looks almost complete for the G-Men.  They just need to find a RT now...maybe a C.

But they can easily do both in this draft, to say nothing of free agency.  If they were to sign a Ju'Wann James, they would pretty much be set going into the draft, and would be light years ahead of where they were at the end of 2017/start of 2018.

Solder-Hernandez-C???-Zeiter-James (?)  With their skill players?!?

(03-10-2019, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote:

Now this I'm not so sure about.

They need to protect their new QB and open up holes for Hunt.  To send him away for an average to slightly above average DE in Oliver doesn't make too much sense to me, unless they may be targeting a guy like Lindstrom in the 1st.

The Giants, on the other hand, seriously upgraded their OL.  That unit looks almost complete for the G-Men.  They just need to find a RT now...maybe a C.

But they can easily do both in this draft, to say nothing of free agency.  If they were to sign a Ju'Wann James, they would pretty much be set going into the draft, and would be light years ahead of where they were at the end of 2017/start of 2018.

Chubb should be the starter not Hunt.

Don't the Browns still have like 12 picks? or that ended last year? Anyway I'll be rooting for the Browns next season, I love Mayfield and those fans really deserve to win.

(03-10-2019, 10:12 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 08:57 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Now this I'm not so sure about.

Chubb should be the starter not Hunt.

Don't the Browns still have like 12 picks? or that ended last year? Anyway I'll be rooting for the Browns next season, I love Mayfield and those fans really deserve to win.

Maybe.  Either way they are loaded at RB.

I was just looking at a draft tracker on NFL.com, but they haven't finished it yet so I don't know how many picks they have.  I'm not sure how I feel about their coaching.  They finished strong last year, so I might have been inclined to keep Gregg Williams as coach.  But there's no guarantee he would have kept Kitchens, who was critical to Mayfield's development.  Will they continue to run the same defense?

The Browns are becoming a feared team in the AFC. He went to a better team with a better FO than Jax.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-10-2019, 01:52 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: The Browns are becoming a feared team in the AFC. He went to a better team with a better FO than Jax.

I know the Browns went a run last year, and every other team in that division now appears trending downward. But everyone needs to cool it all the expectations. The defense still has some questions. There is now an offseason to dissect Mayfield's tape. Full time HC responsibilities may overwhelm Kitchen's. Basically, there are still a lot a moving parts and lots of things can happen.

Cleveland is definitely looking like a good team. My point was he chose the Giants because of NYC vs Jax and now he's going to Cleveland. He missed out on being part of the best defense in the NFL, and now he may get that chance in Cleveland, but it's far from a glamorous city.

(03-10-2019, 04:00 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Cleveland is definitely looking like a good team. My point was he chose the Giants because of NYC vs Jax and now he's going to Cleveland. He missed out on being part of the best defense in the NFL, and now he may get that chance in Cleveland, but it's far from a glamorous city.

That was understood.  My point was if it didn't meet the glamor portion, the winning he may do in cleveland may alleviate somee of those concerns.