Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags FA targets

(03-10-2019, 10:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not much longer till it all starts boys

What time does legal tampering start?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 12:38 AM by Eric1.)

(03-10-2019, 11:49 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 10:27 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Not much longer till it all starts boys

What time does legal tampering start?

Pretty sure at midnight

edit: maybe I read wrong, it might be at noon instead.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 05:07 AM by MikePete54.)

(03-10-2019, 05:51 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Here's a list of FA's
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...top-100-2/

did you guys know Dante Fowler is a free agent?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...4837069824

1 year deal

(03-11-2019, 12:36 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 11:49 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: What time does legal tampering start?

Pretty sure at midnight

I think it’s 400pm.  Just like on Wednesday at 400pm is when the contracts can be signed

Ryan Tannehill?!? 

More smoke to lower the price, I say

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ksonville/

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Tannehill is an interesting case. There are TIMES he looks like an effective starter. For his 2-4 year in the league, he averaged about 4000 yards, 25TDs, about 14 picks, a 87.7 QB Rating and completed 63% of his passes a year. If the Jags get THAT as a QB, with Fournette returning to 2017 form and not playing from BEHIND every 2nd half....thats a WINNING FB team. But the past 3 years? Woof. 24 out of 48 games MISSED. Higher yards per pass. Higher pass completion %.

I dunno. I hate to be the one making these decisons. IF.....Miami releases him and he is willing to bet on himself and sign a one year/two year deal to see if he can secure a last big pay day at 33? I'd be willing to take a shot. Sign Tannehill, draft J. Taylor. Restack the line. Give him EVERY opportunity this year to show HE'S THE MAN.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2019, 06:03 AM)Jags Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 12:36 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Pretty sure at midnight

I think it’s 400pm.  Just like on Wednesday at 400pm is when the contracts can be signed
It's noon today.

3 1/2 hours.

It starts at noon.

Beside the Foles situation I hope we stay patient this time. There's not much on offense FA players available and there are far too many teams with so much cap space that the few ones who would make a real difference will be gone.
Let's just not panic and throw Moncrief money on average guys (exemple: Jesse James would be a decent TE2 but isn't a top TE or anything too special so don't start a bidding war over guys like him). After the first wave or 2 there could be some good deals on cheap veterans to add depth here and there. It's the draft where we really need to make a difference.

My prediction is we will add three *starters* in FA over the next week, Foles, an o-line player (could be G or T), and a TE (probably James). Then later, possible much later, we will sign a veteran FS to a cheap deal.

I just hope they don't get all reactionary and pay way over the odds for anyone.

Starters has an asterisk because we are so bare at some positions that anyone signed will automatically be thought of as the starter at this point in time.

I predict Foles (ugh), Tate, and a mid tier TE.

If we could come away with Foles and a starter on the oline would be ideal

(03-11-2019, 09:54 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we could come away with Foles and a starter on the oline would be ideal

Foles. Later this month, a LB and Safety on a discount. Also, a blocking TE that everyone on the board will complain about or a cast off WR on a prove it deal (much cheaper than Moncrief).

Trent Brown to the Raiders. 4yr 66 mil

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 12:40 PM by MikePete54.)

https://twitter.com/SA247LLC/status/1105144924461285377

Mack was too expensive but...

https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/...8169565184

(03-11-2019, 12:37 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/SA247LLC/status/1105144924461285377

Mack was too expensive but...

https://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/...8169565184

Yowza!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Wow, Trent Brown? He had a good year with the Patriots but he was surrounded by good players, a HOF caliber OL coach in Scarnecchia and a QB who unloads the ball quickly.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Jermaine Gresham just got cut by the Cardinals. Good blocking TE, wouldn't surprise me to see the Jags linked to him for a cheap contract. Although that spot might just go to Marcedes returning instead.

Mayock and Gruden are going HAM. It's going to crash and burn so bad. I can't wait.

They better use all those draft picks for defensive players because you're not outscoring Mahomes.

(03-11-2019, 01:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Mayock and Gruden are going HAM. It's going to crash and burn so bad. I can't wait.

They better use all those draft picks for defensive players because you're not outscoring Mahomes.

Agree.

(03-11-2019, 01:00 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Mayock and Gruden are going HAM. It's going to crash and burn so bad. I can't wait.

Gruden seems to do this all the time.

He accumulates the oldest possible players to build his team.

It's almost pointless for him to have all of those draft picks.

I don't think Antonio Brown will be that great for them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!