Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Draft a Free Safety?

Anyone think this is a possibility now? 

Darnell Savage looks like he’d be good value in the third if he lasts through the second round. 

Any players you guys like in the third or later?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I like Thornhill but outside of him and the Florida guy I haven't really dug into anyone. Doubt they make it to the 3rd too.

If Nasir Adderley is still on the board at our 2nd pick, hes got to be in the discussion right?

I know we need Offense, but man, I could get behind Adderley and Harrison at Safety next season.

(03-08-2019, 07:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Nasir Adderley is still on the board at our 2nd pick, hes got to be in the discussion right?

I know we need Offense, but man, I could get behind Adderley and Harrison at Safety next season.

Yeah, if he drops, they’d have to think about taking him in the second. 

What a crazy secondary that would be.

(03-08-2019, 07:39 PM)Eric1 Wrote: If Nasir Adderley is still on the board at our 2nd pick, hes got to be in the discussion right?

Sign me up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If he is there I think it's a high likelihood he would be the pick.  Finish off the back end of the D with 2 cheap contracts.

It all depends on who else is there but he is a pick you couldn't get overly upset with.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 08:32 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-08-2019, 07:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anyone think this is a possibility now? 

Darnell Savage looks like he’d be good value in the third if he lasts through the second round. 

Savage got burnt like toast last year. He's a gambler who bites too hard on fakes and has to play catch up. He's very athletic, but his instincts are terrible. Outside of Jonathan Abram, Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Marvell Tell, I don't see a potential starting Free Safety in this draft. There are some decent Strong Safeties, but not Free Safeties.

(03-08-2019, 07:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: I like Thornhill but outside of him and the Florida guy I haven't really dug into anyone. Doubt they make it to the 3rd too.

Thornhill played Strong Safety in college.

No. Gotta go O-Line or TE.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2019, 08:42 PM by JackCity.)

(03-08-2019, 08:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 07:07 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Anyone think this is a possibility now? 

Savage got burnt like toast last year. He's a gambler who bites too hard on fakes and has to play catch up. He's very athletic, but his instincts are terrible. Outside of Jonathan Abram, Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Marvell Tell, I don't see a potential starting Free Safety in this draft. There are some decent Strong Safeties, but not Free Safeties.

(03-08-2019, 07:39 PM)JackCity Wrote: I like Thornhill but outside of him and the Florida guy I haven't really dug into anyone. Doubt they make it to the 3rd too.

Thornhill played multiple roles in college. He played single high, he played nickel, CB etc etc and yes played strong safety too of course.

In our defense (and plenty of others) we've moved to more of a dual safety look where both safeties can in the box or deeper, Thornhill has the skillset and range for both

(03-08-2019, 08:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 08:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Savage got burnt like toast last year. He's a gambler who bites too hard on fakes and has to play catch up. He's very athletic, but his instincts are terrible. Outside of Jonathan Abram, Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Marvell Tell, I don't see a potential starting Free Safety in this draft. There are some decent Strong Safeties, but not Free Safeties.

Thornhill played multiple roles in college. He played single high, he played nickel, CB etc etc and yes played strong safety too of course.

In our defense (and plenty of others) we've moved to more of a dual safety look where both safeties can in the box or deeper, Thornhill has the skillset and range for both

I do like Thornhill, if he can play the role of FS. If we are using that system, I'm also a fan of Khari Willis of Michigan State. I believe he can fill that role as well.

I'd be all for this. If Adderly or Lindstrom are available, either of these guys would fill big needs for the Jags. Both would be great value picks.

(03-08-2019, 09:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:

I'd be all for this. If Adderly or Lindstrom are available, either of these guys would fill big needs for the Jags. Both would be great value picks.

Gotta go Lindstrom in that case. Our offense is so bad, we cannot pass on an OG of his caliber. He and Cody Ford are the only elite interior linemen in this class.

(03-08-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 08:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Thornhill played multiple roles in college. He played single high, he played nickel, CB etc etc and yes played strong safety too of course.

I do like Thornhill, if he can play the role of FS. If we are using that system, I'm also a fan of Khari Willis of Michigan State. I believe he can fill that role as well.

I'd say he's definitely much more of a coverage guy than he is a box safety type despite the tackles. But that's the beauty of him as a prospect, can play EVERYWHERE. Haven't seen Willis, he good?

(03-08-2019, 09:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 09:00 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I do like Thornhill, if he can play the role of FS. If we are using that system, I'm also a fan of Khari Willis of Michigan State. I believe he can fill that role as well.

I'd say he's definitely much more of a coverage guy than he is a box safety type despite the tackles. But that's the beauty of him as a prospect, can play EVERYWHERE. Haven't seen Willis, he good?

I saw several Spartans games last year and he impressed me. He's a solid tackler with good range and instincts. He had 10 passes defended last season and 2 picks. I also like Darius West of Kentucky.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 07:11 AM by MikePete54.)

Not before the late 3rd or 4th round picks. We have too many holes on offense.

And I don't like the idea to have Harrison and a rookie starting together. We need a veteran and then let the rookie FS learn behing him (just like Church and Harrison).

It wouldnt shock me if we used our 4th to trade up with one of our 3rds to grab a guy we like. Hopefully Adderley or Gardner falls a bit and we come away with one of those guys

(03-08-2019, 09:12 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 09:05 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: I'd be all for this. If Adderly or Lindstrom are available, either of these guys would fill big needs for the Jags. Both would be great value picks.

Gotta go Lindstrom in that case. Our offense is so bad, we cannot pass on an OG of his caliber. He and Cody Ford are the only elite interior linemen in this class.

Jonah Williams is a great guard prospect as well