Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler Re-Signed by LA Rams

(03-11-2019, 10:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:14 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol

I'll take that bet.

Barring injury, done deal.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2019, 09:59 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I am expecting Fowler to have a better season than than Yannick.

That is booooold!
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-11-2019, 11:29 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:59 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I am expecting Fowler to have a better season than than Yannick.

That is booooold!

i dont know now.  After the trade to the Rams, fowler racked up 21 tackles 4 TFL and 2 sacks with the rams.  he finished with like 30 tackles and 4 sacks 9 TFL and we rarely put him out there on the field.  With a full season i think he can catch or beat Yannick's 33 tackles 13 TFL and 9.5 sacks.  IJS
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(03-11-2019, 11:49 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 11:29 AM)B2hibry Wrote: That is booooold!

i dont know now.  After the trade to the Rams, fowler racked up 21 tackles 4 TFL and 2 sacks with the rams.  he finished with like 30 tackles and 4 sacks 9 TFL and we rarely put him out there on the field.  With a full season i think he can catch or beat Yannick's 33 tackles 13 TFL and 9.5 sacks.  IJS

Yeeeahhhh...but can he beat Yannick's 12 sacks, 23 QB hits, 10 TFL, 6 FF, and 2FR??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2019, 12:19 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 11:49 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: i dont know now.  After the trade to the Rams, fowler racked up 21 tackles 4 TFL and 2 sacks with the rams.  he finished with like 30 tackles and 4 sacks 9 TFL and we rarely put him out there on the field.  With a full season i think he can catch or beat Yannick's 33 tackles 13 TFL and 9.5 sacks.  IJS

Yeeeahhhh...but can he beat Yannick's 12 sacks, 23 QB hits, 10 TFL, 6 FF, and 2FR??
He had a helluva year his rookie season.  He did show out and i cant take that away but thinking the other pieces on the line didnt help out a ton was the problem.  Just like it helped Fowler in his limited snaps, it help Yannick with his as well.  I'll see how long Campbell stays effective before we have to start the decade long search for another above average type DEnd to put in his place since Fowler wasnt good enough apparently.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-11-2019, 11:02 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:28 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Avatar bet?
Barring injury, done deal.

Deal

(03-11-2019, 12:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 12:19 PM)NCJag Wrote: Yeeeahhhh...but can he beat Yannick's 12 sacks, 23 QB hits, 10 TFL, 6 FF, and 2FR??
He had a helluva year his rookie season.  He did show out and i cant take that away but thinking the other pieces on the line didnt help out a ton was the problem.  Just like it helped Fowler in his limited snaps, it help Yannick with his as well.  I'll see how long Campbell stays effective before we have to start the decade long search for another above average type DEnd to put in his place since Fowler wasnt good enough apparently.

That 12 sack stat line is his 2nd year.  Having Calais on the opposite side definitely helps. Having Marcel soak up an additional blocker should open Yannick up to more one/one match ups.  That was the difference between Fowler and Yan.  Yan is still developing a full pass rush arsenal: bull rush, speed, rip.  He's still getting better.  If he can close the deal on those QB hits that 9 sack line average will turn into a 12-13 average and we will have to PAY...HIM.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-11-2019, 01:26 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 12:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: He had a helluva year his rookie season.  He did show out and i cant take that away but thinking the other pieces on the line didnt help out a ton was the problem.  Just like it helped Fowler in his limited snaps, it help Yannick with his as well.  I'll see how long Campbell stays effective before we have to start the decade long search for another above average type DEnd to put in his place since Fowler wasnt good enough apparently.

That 12 sack stat line is his 2nd year.  Having Calais on the opposite side definitely helps. Having Marcel soak up an additional blocker should open Yannick up to more one/one match ups.  That was the difference between Fowler and Yan.  Yan is still developing a full pass rush arsenal: bull rush, speed, rip.  He's still getting better.  If he can close the deal on those QB hits that 9 sack line average will turn into a 12-13 average and we will have to PAY...HIM.

Would love to be wrong but we'll see.
Season Tix, Section 409

(03-11-2019, 01:49 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 01:26 PM)NCJag Wrote: That 12 sack stat line is his 2nd year.  Having Calais on the opposite side definitely helps. Having Marcel soak up an additional blocker should open Yannick up to more one/one match ups.  That was the difference between Fowler and Yan.  Yan is still developing a full pass rush arsenal: bull rush, speed, rip.  He's still getting better.  If he can close the deal on those QB hits that 9 sack line average will turn into a 12-13 average and we will have to PAY...HIM.

Would love to be wrong but we'll see.

Yannick is also playing for that 2nd contract.  He's gonna come out this year hungry ...

(03-11-2019, 01:26 PM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 12:23 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: He had a helluva year his rookie season.  He did show out and i cant take that away but thinking the other pieces on the line didnt help out a ton was the problem.  Just like it helped Fowler in his limited snaps, it help Yannick with his as well.  I'll see how long Campbell stays effective before we have to start the decade long search for another above average type DEnd to put in his place since Fowler wasnt good enough apparently.

This was talked about on 1010xl
Normally qb hits are converted into sacks at about a 40% rate
Its pretty consistent when looking at pass rusher stats. It skews a bit when its Team totals. But individually, for strong talent, it has been consistent.

Yannick was 3rd in the league with 33 QB hits in 2018
His stats show that an upswing in sacks is incoming.

%5B%5D=qb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=rb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=wr&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=te&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=e&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=t&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=g&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=c&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=ol&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=dt&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=de&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=dl&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=ilb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=olb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=lb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=cb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=s&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=db&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=k&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=p&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2018&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos%5B%5D=qb&draft_pos%5B%5D=rb&draft_pos%5B%5D=wr&draft_pos%5B%5D=te&draft_pos%5B%5D=e&draft_pos%5B%5D=t&draft_pos%5B%5D=g&draft_pos%5B%5D=c&draft_pos%5B%5D=ol&draft_pos%5B%5D=dt&draft_pos%5B%5D=de&draft_pos%5B%5D=dl&draft_pos%5B%5D=ilb&draft_pos%5B%5D=olb&draft_pos%5B%5D=lb&draft_pos%5B%5D=cb&draft_pos%5B%5D=s&draft_pos%5B%5D=db&draft_pos%5B%5D=k&draft_pos%5B%5D=p&c5val=1.0&order_by=qb_hits&offset=0]Football Reference QB Hits

(03-11-2019, 02:17 PM)jagshype Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 01:26 PM)NCJag Wrote: That 12 sack stat line is his 2nd year.  Having Calais on the opposite side definitely helps. Having Marcel soak up an additional blocker should open Yannick up to more one/one match ups.  That was the difference between Fowler and Yan.  Yan is still developing a full pass rush arsenal: bull rush, speed, rip.  He's still getting better.  If he can close the deal on those QB hits that 9 sack line average will turn into a 12-13 average and we will have to PAY...HIM.

This was talked about on 1010xl
Normally qb hits are converted into sacks at about a 40% rate
Its pretty consistent when looking at pass rusher stats. It skews a bit when its Team totals. But individually, for strong talent, it has been consistent.

Yannick was 3rd in the league with 33 QB hits in 2018
His stats show that an upswing in sacks is incoming.

%5B%5D=qb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=rb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=wr&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=te&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=e&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=t&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=g&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=c&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=ol&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=dt&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=de&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=dl&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=ilb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=olb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=lb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=cb&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=s&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=db&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=k&[BLEEP]%5B%5D=p&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2018&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos%5B%5D=qb&draft_pos%5B%5D=rb&draft_pos%5B%5D=wr&draft_pos%5B%5D=te&draft_pos%5B%5D=e&draft_pos%5B%5D=t&draft_pos%5B%5D=g&draft_pos%5B%5D=c&draft_pos%5B%5D=ol&draft_pos%5B%5D=dt&draft_pos%5B%5D=de&draft_pos%5B%5D=dl&draft_pos%5B%5D=ilb&draft_pos%5B%5D=olb&draft_pos%5B%5D=lb&draft_pos%5B%5D=cb&draft_pos%5B%5D=s&draft_pos%5B%5D=db&draft_pos%5B%5D=k&draft_pos%5B%5D=p&c5val=1.0&order_by=qb_hits&offset=0]Football Reference QB Hits

Curious, do those QB hits include his sacks he got? Or do they separate the two? Because if they do, that means he should have theoretically been around 22 sacks..... (33 hits at 40% + 9.5 sacks)

I know the math wouldn't add up that simply, but mid teens sack average is not out of the possibility for him.

Fowler = a good game every couple games, but in between those good games you get absolutely nothing.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I swore we got a third and a fifth for Fowler? What happened?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(03-22-2019, 01:43 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: I swore we got a third and a fifth for Fowler? What happened?
2019 third round pick
2020 fifth round pick

The Rams have the 2014 and 2015 3rd overall pick courtesy of the Jags missing on high picks again. At least Blake and Fowler are on the same team. If someone told you in 2015 after we drafted Fowler that Blake and Dante would be on the same team in 2019, who would of thought it would be the Rams