Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Free Agency 2019

(03-12-2019, 10:19 AM)nhiverson Wrote: Church and Telvin were awful this year more so then Gipson

Agreed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-12-2019, 11:49 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: So the great Ravens defense just lost Mosley, Weddle, Smith and Suggs....

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105451747567382533

Imagine being a ravens fan right now. 

Imagine our fan base if we happen to lose our trio of Jack, Yannick, and Ramsey at the same time.

It would suck, especially since it puts it all on Lamar Jackson.

He has a good o line in front of him and good TEs, but I am far from sold on him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Are the Raiders paying Gruden to make them contenders or to destroy the team? Also Mayock was stupid for taking that job.

Hilarious how Raiders fans were defending the Mack trade saying it would destroy their cap situation but they are giving all that money to that cancer AB. Also Cooper was great for the Cowboys.

Gruden is the most overrated HC ever. He only won the SB because he barely upgraded Bucs Offense, they won with Dungy's defense.

(03-12-2019, 06:43 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Are the Raiders paying Gruden to make them contenders or to destroy the team? Also Mayock was stupid for taking that job.

Hilarious how Raiders fans were defending the Mack trade saying it would destroy their cap situation but they are giving all that money to that cancer AB. Also Cooper was great for the Cowboys.

Gruden is the most overrated HC ever. He only won the SB because he barely upgraded Bucs Offense, they won with Dungy's defense.

Agreed completely.

I think Mayock took this job in part because NFLN wasn't taking the draft seriously, allowing monkeys at zoos to announce picks.  I think in part he took the job because it was a unique opportunity.

But I can't believe he would be fully on board with Gruden's excessive reliance on vets.

(03-12-2019, 06:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 11:49 AM)knarnn Wrote: Imagine being a ravens fan right now. 

Imagine our fan base if we happen to lose our trio of Jack, Yannick, and Ramsey at the same time.

It would suck, especially since it puts it all on Lamar Jackson.

He has a good o line in front of him and good TEs, but I am far from sold on him.

I wonder if the Ravens believe it will take at least 2 years for Jackson to truly be good and lead a NFL team, so they are letting the older/expensive players go to get younger and sort of rebuild now to have the pieces ready for that run in 2020.

(03-12-2019, 07:25 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 06:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It would suck, especially since it puts it all on Lamar Jackson.

I wonder if the Ravens believe it will take at least 2 years for Jackson to truly be good and lead a NFL team, so they are letting the older/expensive players go to get younger and sort of rebuild now to have the pieces ready for that run in 2020.

Jackson isn't ever going to be good. I think they just started their rebuild.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 09:14 PM by Protozoa.)

Dee Ford to the 9ers for a 2020 second round pick.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

NFL Agents Poll: What Are the Best and Worst Landing Spots for Free Agents?
Jacksonville got 5 votes for worst ending up at #6 worst, and only 1 vote for best.

(03-12-2019, 09:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: NFL Agents Poll: What Are the Best and Worst Landing Spots for Free Agents?
Jacksonville got 5 votes for worst ending up at #6 worst, and only 1 vote for best.

Well, 30% of the agents out there are total idiots with no real knowledge of the dynamics of the league.

(03-12-2019, 09:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 09:17 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: NFL Agents Poll: What Are the Best and Worst Landing Spots for Free Agents?

Well, 30% of the agents out there are total idiots with no real knowledge of the dynamics of the league.

We did get 1 vote for best. I mean Buffalo got no votes for best and 12 votes for worst (which I think is appropriate).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 08:33 AM by PF*.)

(03-12-2019, 10:10 AM)JNev Wrote: Poor Teddy so disillusioned he'll be the Saints starter one day lol

He's could become the new Sam Bradford.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-12-2019, 07:25 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 06:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote: It would suck, especially since it puts it all on Lamar Jackson.

Perhaps.

Perhaps they think the defensive draft class this year is just that strong.

I heard one of the talking heads on NFLN say (or felay a scout said) the class was so deep and strong, that if the first 31 draft picks went defense, the Patriots would still be happy with the defensive player they took at 32.

If true, that's an amazing statement.  At least 32 defenders with a 1st round grade?!??!?

(03-13-2019, 03:47 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2766738432

How does that compare to what he turned down from Pittsburgh? Pretty sure it was the guaranteed portion he wanted more of.

Plus he lost what $18mil guaranteed by not playing on the tag.... he cost himself a ton of money

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:53 AM by nhiverson.)

(03-12-2019, 11:49 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:35 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: So the great Ravens defense just lost Mosley, Weddle, Smith and Suggs....

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105451747567382533

Imagine being a ravens fan right now. 

If that happens I probably don't know what i'd do probably not watch the Jags anymore...

(03-13-2019, 08:28 AM)PF* Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 10:10 AM)JNev Wrote: Poor Teddy so disillusioned he'll be the Saints starter one day lol

He's could become the new Sam Bradford.

That wouldn't be so bad for him Bradford has made a ton of money for not being all that good haha.
No Fun

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 09:58 AM by MikePete54.)

(03-13-2019, 09:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 03:47 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...2766738432

How does that compare to what he turned down from Pittsburgh? Pretty sure it was the guaranteed portion he wanted more of.

Plus he lost what $18mil guaranteed by not playing on the tag.... he cost himself a ton of money

Well, Steelers offer was : 

Quote:One other reason Bell might have turned the deal down is because it apparently wasn't loaded with any substantial guarantees. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the contract included $33 million in guaranteed money, which was going to be paid out over the first two years. Rapoport also noted that the first three years of the deal would pay out $45 million (or $15 million per season), but didn't note if all of that money was guaranteed. As for the final two years of the deal, it seems that Bell had no guaranteed money.

(03-13-2019, 09:57 AM)MikePete54 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: How does that compare to what he turned down from Pittsburgh? Pretty sure it was the guaranteed portion he wanted more of.

Well, Steelers offer was : 

Quote:One other reason Bell might have turned the deal down is because it apparently wasn't loaded with any substantial guarantees. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, the contract included $33 million in guaranteed money, which was going to be paid out over the first two years. Rapoport also noted that the first three years of the deal would pay out $45 million (or $15 million per season), but didn't note if all of that money was guaranteed. As for the final two years of the deal, it seems that Bell had no guaranteed money.

So his tag was $14.5, his deal was offered with $33 mil guaranteed. So he could have gotten $47.5 million.

Instead, he goes to the [BLEEP] Jets, and gets $35 million guaranteed. Nice job.

(03-13-2019, 10:20 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:57 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Well, Steelers offer was : 

So his tag was $14.5, his deal was offered with $33 mil guaranteed. So he could have gotten $47.5 million.

Instead, he goes to the [BLEEP] Jets, and gets $35 million guaranteed. Nice job.

He doesn't need the NFL, the NFL needs him and if it wants him, they're gonna play by HIS rules......or was that the other Steeler??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Baltimore have picked up Earl Thomas and Mark Ingram today. 3yrs, $15m for Ingram, 4yrs $55m for Thomas.