Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

(03-19-2019, 06:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 06:25 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: One other factor that's good abut Foles: His teammates love him. And don't think that doesn't matter. I was just driving, listening to local sports radio (1010 I think) and they were saying how not only did the partying by Bortles NOT endear him to people, but callers were saying how knowing that he wasn't a hard worker turned them off Blake, and they thought his teammates felt the same. I'm not saying BB was unlikeable, but he did have a little bit of a carefree, college frat guy mentality, and it runned some teammates the wrong way. You won't have that problem with Nick.

I actually like Bortles more because of all of the completely unsubstantiated rumors that he had a few too many on occasion.

Same here.  These guys aren't asked to live a monastic lifestyle, and nobody ever indicated Bortles wasn't putting in the work.  The guy was usually the first one in the stadium, and the last one out according to his coaches.  Bortles certainly wasn't disliked in the locker room.  I know there were guys who got frustrated with the production, but overall, his locker room was behind him.  It is true that Foles was loved in Philly's locker room, and by Philly fans, and hopefully that will develop here as well.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2019, 06:25 PM)Steelers Beaches Wrote: One other factor that's good abut Foles: His teammates love him. And don't think that doesn't matter. I was just driving, listening to local sports radio (1010 I think) and they were saying how not only did the partying by Bortles NOT endear him to people, but callers were saying how knowing that he wasn't a hard worker turned them off Blake, and they thought his teammates felt the same. I'm not saying BB was unlikeable, but he did have a little bit of a carefree, college frat guy mentality, and it runned some teammates the wrong way. You won't have that problem with Nick.
Yea.... No.

The players on this team loved Blake and that was pretty evident during the 2017 run.

(03-15-2019, 08:03 PM)VBE Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 07:01 PM)downundermike Wrote: bobby is that you ??

Is there any Wizdum in having two teams?

Is Wizdum a southern saying for wisdom ? On the subject of having two teams Eagles will be my onl NFC team but having a favorite in the NFC would only be an issue when playing against each other in the playoffs of course I'll be going with the Eagles NFC and now the Jaguars in the AFC should they play against each other your guess which one I'll be picking.

(03-20-2019, 10:27 AM)Eagles Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 08:03 PM)VBE Wrote: Is there any Wizdum in having two teams?

Is Wizdum a southern saying for wisdom ?

Southern?

(03-20-2019, 10:27 AM)Eagles Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 08:03 PM)VBE Wrote: Is there any Wizdum in having two teams?

Is Wizdum a southern saying for wisdom ? On the subject of having two teams Eagles will be my onl NFC team but having a favorite in the NFC would only be an issue when playing against each other in the playoffs of course I'll be going with the Eagles NFC and now the Jaguars in the AFC should they play against each other your guess which one I'll be picking.

A fan of two teams? We had a poster like that before. She was banned.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-21-2019, 06:17 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 10:27 AM)Eagles Wrote: Is Wizdum a southern saying for wisdom ? On the subject of having two teams Eagles will be my onl NFC team but having a favorite in the NFC would only be an issue when playing against each other in the playoffs of course I'll be going with the Eagles NFC and now the Jaguars in the AFC should they play against each other your guess which one I'll be picking.

A fan of two teams? We had a poster like that before. She was banned.

I’m starting to think “Eagles” is a metaphor for “Packers”.

Sad 

(03-20-2019, 07:32 AM)NCJag Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 05:06 AM)NH3 Wrote: Initially, I didn't want our team to go after NF7. I preferred drafting an QB and building around him. As most of us fans, I had no clue of which the front office's strategy was. Now that I've seen some of the reasoning, I Get It. I understand why NF7 is the right and only way to go. W/an healthy OL and a few additional key pieces to the puzzle (TE, RB, DL) from within the draft, our team will seriously be competitive to say the least.

Now as we turn to our next phase of retooling, I'll simply sit back and hopefully marvel at the continued decisions that the front office makes to further strengthen our team. I have an wish list and I certainly know that their list is more thought of than mine. We all know that our window of opportunity is slowly closing so we, I mean they, the front office knows the importance of the selection process of this 2019 NFL Draft and UDFA.

Time Will Tell.

Welcome to The Bank NF7.

Duuuuuuuuvaaaaaaalll.

NH3...

I hope the NF at the bank doesn't stand for "non sufficient funds"..................and we get burned

That would be "Insufficient Funds" NCJag. (IF)

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:A fan of two teams? We had a poster like that before. She was banned.

Agreed. We are having this discussion on the Eagles message board at the moment. Being a fan of two teams is fugazzi.

I've tried to fan for two teams.

Always just end up being a casual follower of the second team, rooting them on occasionally.
Nothing wrong with that in my book.
Hometown allegiance or prior allegiance (if you've no hometown team) should take precedent.

(03-21-2019, 01:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've tried to fan for two teams.

Always just end up being a casual follower of the second team, rooting them on occasionally.
Hometown allegiance or prior allegiance (if you've no hometown team) should take precedent.
Always a Jags fan but I definitely keep my eye on a few teams throughout the year. Mainly because of fantasy football.

I was very invested in the Chiefs because of Mahomes, Hunt/Williams and Tyreek.

I can not wait to watch Baker and OBJ play together.

(03-21-2019, 09:38 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 07:32 AM)NCJag Wrote: I hope the NF at the bank doesn't stand for "non sufficient funds"..................and we get burned

NH3...

But....that doesn't FIT NF7.....I was doing CREATIVE LICENSE man!

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-21-2019, 09:38 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 07:32 AM)NCJag Wrote: I hope the NF at the bank doesn't stand for "non sufficient funds"..................and we get burned

NH3...

Non sufficient funds is the term used in the financial industry abbreviated NSF. Luckily, Foles' middle name is Edward.

(03-21-2019, 04:04 PM)Predator Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 09:38 AM)NH3 Wrote: That would be "Insufficient Funds" NCJag. (IF)

NH3...

Non sufficient funds is the term used in the financial industry abbreviated NSF. Luckily, Foles' middle name is Edward.

Both can be used. Just depends how you want to word it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-21-2019, 04:13 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 04:04 PM)Predator Wrote: Non sufficient funds is the term used in the financial industry abbreviated NSF. Luckily, Foles' middle name is Edward.

Both can be used. Just depends how you want to word it.

NEF could also be National Empowerment Fund or [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Enterprise Fund[/font]

(03-21-2019, 01:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 01:04 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've tried to fan for two teams.

Always a Jags fan but I definitely keep my eye on a few teams throughout the year. Mainly because of fantasy football.

I was very invested in the Chiefs because of Mahomes, Hunt/Williams and Tyreek.

I can not wait to watch Baker and OBJ play together.

Same. I honestly think that I'm a fan of certain players, and that in turn becomes wanting that player and their team to win, unless it affects the Jags in any way. 

I really like Baker, so its nice to see the Browns win, but I couldn't care less about the Browns as a team in general

So again, how long before the tampering investigation starts?..

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/...1641468928

(03-26-2019, 09:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So again, how long before the tampering investigation starts?..

Not really tampering..

If the Giants or Redskins had expressed interest, which Nick Foles is allowed to disclose to Philly, they would have tagged him.

Yeah but all media called that we we're set on signing him weeks out. I'd laugh if they got hit with tampering because Jaguars.
No Fun

(03-26-2019, 09:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote: So again, how long before the tampering investigation starts?..

Apparently, the Eagles were pretty happy to have Foles go to Jacksonville.   So why would they file a tampering complaint?

Foles said himself Jax was his top option (whether true or not)

Not sure if there's enough for tampering there. Foles could have just told his agent "Hey, I only want to be in Jax or back in Philly"