Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Foles, Done deal

I hope our oline doesn't ruin this guy
Here we go again

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Coughlin and Caldwell have gone completely stupid trying to save their own jobs.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

(03-11-2019, 05:16 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: He is getting 1 mill more then we would have paid BB5. He is only about that much percentage better then BB5. and now we have no money to spend on upgrading the offense so we might be in the same Boat~

That's a very good point. But in retrospect, should we really have signed Blake for that? lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

It should be nice to have a QB that has a reasonable chance of completing passes on third and short. That was maddening to me last year, even when we were successful running on first and second down, we'd always squander the 3rd and 2.

(03-11-2019, 05:56 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Coughlin and Caldwell have gone completely stupid trying to save their own jobs.

I do believe that’s part of it.   I’ve said that since the offseason started.   But either way, Foles gives you the best chance to win.

(03-11-2019, 05:54 PM)Preach Wrote: I hope our oline doesn't ruin this guy
Yeah I've seen some clips on him under pressure where he throws up Bortles' looking ducks. He is FAR more accurate though.

I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst. #becauseJaguars
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Championship
Now the stage is set
What will be the plan when the Jags go to the Oval Office
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(03-11-2019, 06:04 PM)13Coronas Wrote: Championship
Now the stage is set

Brown bag lunches.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I see a championship coming to Jax in the near future.

It's not my money so I dont care about the pricetag only as long as it doesnt impact our cap in future years.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 06:09 PM by MR FLORIDA.)

(03-11-2019, 05:08 PM)JagDelRio Wrote: Who was really competing against us for him??

nobody, which makes the fact that we gave him so much, even MORE stupid. SMH

(03-11-2019, 06:08 PM)rfc17 Wrote: It's not my money so I dont care about the pricetag only as long as it doesnt impact our cap in future years.

you SHOULD care. its how we will keep our good players and get more. We gave a backup $50 mil guaranteed. thats crazy

(03-11-2019, 06:03 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:54 PM)Preach Wrote: I hope our oline doesn't ruin this guy
Yeah I've seen some clips on him under pressure where he throws up Bortles' looking ducks. He is FAR more accurate though.

Quote:New @Jaguars quarterback Nick Foles consistently outperformed expectations against the blitz last season, completing 81.1% of blitz attempts, +15.3% Above Expectation according to our Completion Probability model powered by @awscloud. pic.twitter.com/ZzK0rfmlKS
— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) March 11, 2019
<span id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"> </span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"> </span>Seems to do fine according to this.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(03-11-2019, 05:57 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 05:16 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: He is getting 1 mill more then we would have paid BB5. He is only about that much percentage better then BB5. and now we have no money to spend on upgrading the offense so we might be in the same Boat~

That's a very good point. But in retrospect, should we really have signed Blake for that? lol

The same idiots that signed blake for that just signed foles.

and no foles is not being paid blakes money. If you kept blake drafted one of them rookiees the QB room would cost you about 22-24 mill against the cap. then you would have room to upgrade the offense which is needed almost more the QB. But now with foles contract and the release of blake at a tune of 16 or june 1st 11 mill that is 38 mill or 33 mill in the qb room and you still need a back up 2-4 mill there so could be over 40 mill of your cap in the QB room. and no upgrades except from the draft.

Let us hope. The Jaguars fan prayer: Our father art thou Foles in Duval; champion be thy name. Let your championship come in both Jax and Duval; give us this season our Sunday victory; forgive us for our losing ways as we forgive inbred titan trespassers; and lead us not into losing, but deliver us from Tom Brady. For thy is the stats, the trophy, and the glory, forever in NFL lore. Amen

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 06:14 PM by 13Coronas.)

(03-11-2019, 06:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
Now the stage is set

Brown bag lunches.

Lol whose going to have the better lunch

(03-11-2019, 06:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
Now the stage is set

Brown bag lunches.

“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(03-11-2019, 06:10 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 06:03 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: Yeah I've seen some clips on him under pressure where he throws up Bortles' looking ducks. He is FAR more accurate though.

Quote:New @Jaguars quarterback Nick Foles consistently outperformed expectations against the blitz last season, completing 81.1% of blitz attempts, +15.3% Above Expectation according to our Completion Probability model powered by @awscloud. pic.twitter.com/ZzK0rfmlKS
— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) March 11, 2019
<span id="sceditor-end-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"> </span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" style="line-height: 0; display: none;" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore"> </span>Seems to do fine according to this.

Those stats are why Belichick couldnt stop the Eagles.
Forcing the QB to make a good read and create a play vs the blitz is a staple of his defense.
Goof and the Rams were inept at beating it

(03-11-2019, 06:12 PM)13Coronas Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 06:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Brown bag lunches.

(03-11-2019, 06:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Brown bag lunches.

Just looking at them, Marrone.

(03-11-2019, 04:59 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: $88 Million 50 someodd guaranteed

[Image: 53599107_10205828863596350_6139066480118...e=5D08DC50]
[Image: V9hW2kPAQr8S1Jxg.jpg]

(03-11-2019, 06:17 PM)The Hammer Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 04:59 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: $88 Million 50 someodd guaranteed

[Image: 53599107_10205828863596350_6139066480118...e=5D08DC50]

Your QB can’t stay on the field.