Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Post Foles Signing - Ideal Draft Now?

Jawaan Taylor, OT
Florida

Garrett Bradbury, IOL
NC State

Jace Sternberger, TE
Texas A&M

Andy Isabella, WR
UMass

Isaac Nauta, TE
Georgia

Benny Snell, RB
Kentucky

Lil' Jordan Humphrey, WR
Texas
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2019, 10:30 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Here is a nice 3 rounds draft : LINK

7.) T. J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa – Most (including myself) would agree that the Jags should probably trade out of this pick, however, Draft Network’s simulator doesn’t account for trades, so Hockenson was the pick. If the Jags stay put at the No. 7 spot, however, Florida tackle Jawaan Taylor may be a better option, but he was off the board at this point. That said, Hockenson, who has great athleticism and offers a lot after the catch, would be a great addition to John DeFilippo’s offense and provide Foles with a tight end threat like he had in Zach Ertz while with Philly.

38.) Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State – Risner is a great fit for the Jags being that he offers the physical and aggressive type of tackle that Doug Marrone and Tom Coughlin like in the trenches. He had a solid week at the Senior Bowl and pretty much flourished against any defensive lineman who challenged him. He also offers versatility on the offensive line though right tackle is probably where he belongs if added by the Jags.

69.) JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford – Allen Robinson’s presence has been heavily missed in Jacksonville, and at 6-foot-3, 228-pounds, Arcega-Whiteside is a player that offers a similar skill set. Like Robinson, his straight line speed when hand timed may not stand out to scouts, but he’d give Foles a target like Alshon Jeffery, who made all of the 50-50 catches and jump balls for Foles while with the Eagles.

103.) David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State – With T.J. Yeldon and Carlos Hyde hitting the free agent market, the Jags need depth at running back behind Leonard Fournette. Montgomery was the best available tailback on the board at this point and is a player that would offer the Jags a solid third-down back. On film, his balance, ability to change directions and ability to wear on teams stood out, which could work wonders for the Jags when paired with Fournette’s bruising style.
    [Image: db3bd443c6e57ddd0cfbe3e535f3a4a0_Jaguars.png]
    Quinnen Williams
    , IDL
  • Alabama
    Chris Lindstrom
    , IOL
  • Boston College
    Drew Lock
    , QB
  • Missouri
    Darrell Henderson
    , RB
  • Memphis
    Tytus Howard
    , OT
  • Alabama State

Caleb Wilson
    , TE
  • UCLA

David Sills V
    , WR
    West Virginia
Was a fun little simulator but still kind of unrealistic with some of the picks...TEs flew off the board but feel this is pretty good value.

(03-13-2019, 11:12 AM)IBlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 10:30 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: Here is a nice 3 rounds draft : LINK

7.) T. J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa – Most (including myself) would agree that the Jags should probably trade out of this pick, however, Draft Network’s simulator doesn’t account for trades, so Hockenson was the pick. If the Jags stay put at the No. 7 spot, however, Florida tackle Jawaan Taylor may be a better option, but he was off the board at this point. That said, Hockenson, who has great athleticism and offers a lot after the catch, would be a great addition to John DeFilippo’s offense and provide Foles with a tight end threat like he had in Zach Ertz while with Philly.

38.) Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State – Risner is a great fit for the Jags being that he offers the physical and aggressive type of tackle that Doug Marrone and Tom Coughlin like in the trenches. He had a solid week at the Senior Bowl and pretty much flourished against any defensive lineman who challenged him. He also offers versatility on the offensive line though right tackle is probably where he belongs if added by the Jags.

69.) JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford – Allen Robinson’s presence has been heavily missed in Jacksonville, and at 6-foot-3, 228-pounds, Arcega-Whiteside is a player that offers a similar skill set. Like Robinson, his straight line speed when hand timed may not stand out to scouts, but he’d give Foles a target like Alshon Jeffery, who made all of the 50-50 catches and jump balls for Foles while with the Eagles.

103.) David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State – With T.J. Yeldon and Carlos Hyde hitting the free agent market, the Jags need depth at running back behind Leonard Fournette. Montgomery was the best available tailback on the board at this point and is a player that would offer the Jags a solid third-down back. On film, his balance, ability to change directions and ability to wear on teams stood out, which could work wonders for the Jags when paired with Fournette’s bruising style.
    Quinnen Williams
    , IDL
  • Alabama
    Chris Lindstrom
    , IOL
  • Boston College
    Drew Lock
    , QB
  • Missouri
    Darrell Henderson
    , RB
  • Memphis
    Tytus Howard
    , OT
  • Alabama State

Caleb Wilson
    , TE
  • UCLA

David Sills V
    , WR
    West Virginia
Was a fun little simulator but still kind of unrealistic with some of the picks...TEs flew off the board but feel this is pretty good value.

The QBs always stay on the board too long, except for that I think it’s as close as you can get right now.

Lock in the 3rd would be AMAZING

For me, I think an immediate need at TE overshadows OL. I would love Lindstrom at #7 but I think Hockenson makes more sense. I'd say go TE, OL, QB, OL, RB, WR, MLB. Picks two and three are interchangeable for me.

1.) Hockenson
2.) Lindstrom
3.) Lock
4.) Ford
5.) Sanders
6.) Ridley
7.) Lamar
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-12-2019, 10:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's a good one with Hockensen at #7

7 --  Hockensen   TE
38 -  Dalton Risner  RG/RT
69 - Darnell Savage  FS
99 -  Jakobi Meyers  WR
110 - Tytus Howard OL
179 -  Travis Homer   RB

This is looking even better to me now with Cann re-signed. 

Richardson and Risner could battle for RT and the loser backs up both spots on that side.

(03-13-2019, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

7 --  Hockensen   TE
69 - Darnell Savage  FS
99 -  Jakobi Meyers  WR
110 - Tytus Howard OL
179 -  Travis Homer   RB

Richardson and Risner could battle for RT and the loser backs up both spots on that side.
Not bad but in my opinion at #3 you need to decide if FS or MLB is more important. I haven't seen a weakness at FS like I have at MLB. Also, depthis pretty bad at LB.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-13-2019, 06:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is looking even better to me now with Cann re-signed. 

Not bad but in my opinion at #3 you need to decide if FS or MLB is more important. I haven't seen a weakness at FS like I have at MLB. Also, depthis pretty bad at LB.

Gipson is gone. 

The starting free safety as of now would be his former back-up. He's pretty good, but... not sure if he's starting material. 

I also think Myles Jack and Telvin Smith can bounce back from a down year in 2018. 
(Myles actually played very well minus 4 or 5 games where the LBs were screwing up run fits. Telvin played undisciplined - out of position ball. Fixable IMO)

There are a number of good things one could do with that pick in the third besides safety, but I'd wait and address MLB when you can draft one earlier than #69 overall.

(03-13-2019, 06:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

7 --  Hockensen   TE
69 - Darnell Savage  FS
99 -  Jakobi Meyers  WR
110 - Tytus Howard OL
179 -  Travis Homer   RB

With the new deal for Cann, I like your draft alot. Risner can compete for right tackle, as you said, but is versatile enough to play guard or center if needed. As much as I like Lindstrom, I wouldn't take a pure guard that high when the team has greater needs. Savage and Meyers are very good picks, also. Unfortunately, Howard has too high a ceiling to last til round 4.