Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This FO is horrible!!

WAHHHH.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-11-2019, 09:09 PM)SCJagFan Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:56 PM)PAJag Wrote: I just can’t think of a time in recent history where I thought to myself wow we really got a bargain. Weather in free agency or trade we always overpay and get bad value.

Everyone overpays in free agency...that's just the way it goes in the NFL. It's pretty rare that you will ever get a bargain on the free agent market.

Not with the top tier guys, but you can get bargains with mid tier guys.

(03-12-2019, 12:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Walter football, no fan of the Jaguars,  loved this pick.

Quote:Jaguar coaches, players and fans are going to be in for a surprise. They're used to their quarterback not caring about his career, opting to party and neglect watching film instead. Their new signal-caller is going to be someone who actually cares about football. Times are indeed changing in Jacksonville.

This may seem like lots of money to some, but Nick Foles makes the Jaguars a legitimate Super Bowl contender. He was able to lead the Eagles to a Super Bowl victory and would have made another trip deep into the postseason had Alshon Jeffery not been responsible for an interception on Foles' final throw as an Eagle. Foles is a great leader, a hard worker and a clutch performer. He's not as physically gifted as Blake Bortles, but he's a much better quarterback overall. It's not even close.

I'd ordinarily be a bit skeptical of a team bringing in a high-priced quarterback and being competitive right away - see Kirk Cousins and the Vikings - but Foles seems like a great fit for Jacksonville. He won't have to learn a new offensive because he'll be playing for coordinator John DeFilippo, who was Foles' quarterbacks coach when the two won a Super Bowl together in Philadelphia.

I'm grading this as a B+. It shouldn't be in the "A" range because it's not a bargain, but this is a move that could put the Jaguars over the top and thus should be regarded favorably.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigni...z5hvgJcDK1

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigni...2d6Skek.99

I can get down with this Walter Football fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 06:22 AM by The Real Marty.)

(03-11-2019, 08:49 PM)PAJag Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Why do some Jags fans get angry when the team gets better?
It’s not that I’m terribly pissed that we got foles it’s that we litterly overpaid on purpose! And the fact we just cut players at lest get like a 6th round pick something like cmon. I watch teams dump scrubs for picks all the time the eagles are notorious for it. Feeley, Kolb, Bradford, Byron maxwell, micheal Bennett etc and we never can get anything just blows my mind.

I understand what you're saying, but the fact is, if we had lowballed the guy or otherwise taken advantage of the limited market this year we would have brought other teams into the picture.   One of the major reasons we had limited competition is because we were obviously willing to outbid everyone else, and the other teams knew it.  

Plus, consider this: Foles paid $2 million to opt out of a $20 million contract.   That cost him $22 million: the $20 million he opted out of, and the $2 million he added back to opt out of it.  How did he know he was going to get a better deal than that?  He had to know.  

It all adds up.  We were going to get Nick Foles, and we were going to make sure no other teams got into the picture.   So we offered him a respectable deal for a starting QB, and we got our guy.

(03-11-2019, 10:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't deny anything you are saying in this post is true.

But my question is why is he so popular there?

Of all the years of football in Philly, with all of the great players that have gone through that franchise, why have a statue of Foles?

Why did the coaches and front office love him?

In a city known for fans being absolutely brutal towards its athletes, how did Philadelphia grow to love Foles?

Because he shot the moon and won them a super bowl. Everybody loves and surrounds and cheers for the guy who is on a lucky streak at the craps table.

Now we're likely going to get the version of the guy that stayed at the table once his luck streak was over and loses all of his money back to the house. Which we all know is far more common than a second lucky streak.

(03-11-2019, 08:23 PM)PAJag Wrote: I watch time and time again other teams trading their players they were going to get rid of for at least some compensation (Bennett to NE, Djax to philly etc) while we never get anything. Then we literally pay more for foles just for the sake of doing it?!???!! Really?!??! That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard were married to a qb that’s never played a whole season for at least 3 years. Wow!!

What a ridiculous argument.  Foles base salary and incentives are in line for mid level starting qbs in the league, which is what he is.  We just got better for the next four years.  Be happy!
[Image: giphy.gif]

(03-11-2019, 08:56 PM)PAJag Wrote: I just can’t think of a time in recent history where I thought to myself wow we really got a bargain. Weather in free agency or trade we always overpay and get bad value.

Marcell Dareus. Without him we don't beat Buffalo or Pittsburgh.

And what does weather have to do with anything?

(03-11-2019, 08:49 PM)PAJag Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote: Why do some Jags fans get angry when the team gets better?
It’s not that I’m terribly pissed that we got foles it’s that we litterly overpaid on purpose! And the fact we just cut players at lest get like a 6th round pick something like cmon. I watch teams dump scrubs for picks all the time the eagles are notorious for it. Feeley, Kolb, Bradford, Byron maxwell, micheal Bennett etc and we never can get anything just blows my mind.

Are we supposed to force people to trade with us?  They tried to trade Jackson and Hyde.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Jags were not in a position of strength. They were way over the cap and the whole NFL knew it. Teams knew they were going to have to cut.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(03-12-2019, 06:35 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:23 PM)PAJag Wrote: I watch time and time again other teams trading their players they were going to get rid of for at least some compensation (Bennett to NE, Djax to philly etc) while we never get anything. Then we literally pay more for foles just for the sake of doing it?!???!! Really?!??! That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard were married to a qb that’s never played a whole season for at least 3 years. Wow!!

What a ridiculous argument.  Foles base salary and incentives are in line for mid level starting qbs in the league, which is what he is.  We just got better for the next four years.  Be happy!

I just can't see how people are automatically assuming this.  I think we'll have a better idea after...you know...we see them play.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-12-2019, 06:37 AM)DragonFury Wrote:

Marcell Dareus. Without him we don't beat Buffalo or Pittsburgh.

Because it’s raining tears of preposterous outrage.

(03-12-2019, 07:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 06:37 AM)DragonFury Wrote: Marcell Dareus. Without him we don't beat Buffalo or Pittsburgh.

Because it’s raining tears of preposterous outrage.

When did you become a poet?

(03-12-2019, 07:37 AM)DragonFury Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:26 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Because it’s raining tears of preposterous outrage.

When did you become a poet?

Bathroom stalls inspire me.

I think Foles will be a great team mate and leader of men. If you read the excerpt on walter football about Foles last throw which was intercepted because of Alshon Jeffery’s mistake, go back and watch that game and watch the sidelines right after the pick that ended the season. Jeffrey was distraught on the sidelines and it was Foles with his arm around him consoling him. His team mates are going to love this guy.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 08:12 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-12-2019, 07:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:37 AM)DragonFury Wrote: When did you become a poet?

Bathroom stalls inspire me.

This isn't on topic, but this bit of dialogue is classic! 

Laughing

(03-12-2019, 07:48 AM)Dan K Wrote: I think Foles will be a great team mate and leader of men.   If you read the excerpt on walter football about Foles last throw which was intercepted because of Alshon Jeffery’s mistake, go back and watch that game and watch the sidelines right after the pick that ended the season.    Jeffrey was distraught on the sidelines and it was Foles with his arm around him consoling him.   His team mates are going to love this guy.

I sure hope this is true.

I think our QB needs to be a leader.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

When you constantly draft like crap, you overpay FA to stay competitive. The concept is simple.

Outside of the "whine" after a decent franchise QB signing, I doubt you will catch must disagreement that the FO is in-fact horrible.

(03-11-2019, 08:41 PM)hb1148 Wrote:

Why do some Jags fans get angry when the team gets better?
This is what pisses me off the most.  The team got better bs.  What's the record and playoff scores for next yr since ur crystal ball tells u the team is better now.  Stop assuming stuff that makes ZERO sense ppl.  We got better why, how cuz Foles won the SB 2 yrs ago when wentz got hurt.  Cost me my fantasy sb with him n ab going down that yr but stop reaching yall
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 08:53 AM by Bullseye.)

(03-12-2019, 06:29 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 10:40 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I don't deny anything you are saying in this post is true.

But my question is why is he so popular there?

Of all the years of football in Philly, with all of the great players that have gone through that franchise, why have a statue of Foles?

Why did the coaches and front office love him?

In a city known for fans being absolutely brutal towards its athletes, how did Philadelphia grow to love Foles?

Because he shot the moon and won them a super bowl. Everybody loves and surrounds and cheers for the guy who is on a lucky streak at the craps table.

Now we're likely going to get the version of the guy that stayed at the table once his luck streak was over and loses all of his money back to the house. Which we all know is far more common than a second lucky streak.

It's amazing how so many so readily dismiss his successes.

2013 doesn't count because, well, it was 2013.

2017 doesn't count because...it was luck.

2018 doesn't count because...I don't know...still working on that.

Tell me, what was so "lucky" about his 2017 playoff run?  He absolutely torched one of the top 2 defenses in the league in the conference title game, and then beat Belichick, who has a history of shutting down the most explosive offenses, in the Super Bowl.

Yes, he was traded away by a guy who has proven since then he is clueless about coaching in the NFL. 

He's learned under some of the best QB gurus in the league (Andy Reid, Doug Pederson, and Frank Reich).

When does Foles get actual credit for his accomplishments?

(03-12-2019, 08:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: When you constantly draft like crap, you overpay FA to stay competitive. The concept is simple.

Outside of the "whine" after a decent franchise QB signing, I doubt you will catch must disagreement that the FO is in-fact horrible.

Constantly draft like crap?

Really?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-12-2019, 08:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 06:29 AM)Upper Wrote: Because he shot the moon and won them a super bowl. Everybody loves and surrounds and cheers for the guy who is on a lucky streak at the craps table.

It's amazing how so many so readily dismiss his successes.

Tell me, what was so "lucky" about his 2017 playoff run?  He absolutely torched one of the top 2 defenses in the league in the conference title game, and then beat Belichick, who has a history of shutting down the most explosive offenses, in the Super Bowl.

Yes, he was traded away by a guy who has proven since then he is clueless about coaching in the NFL. 

He's learned under some of the best QB gurus in the league (Andy Reid, Doug Pederson, and Frank Reich).

(03-12-2019, 08:33 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: When you constantly draft like crap, you overpay FA to stay competitive. The concept is simple.

Really?

Constantly draft inconsistently. Better? Are you really going to stand behind an argument that this FO drafts well?

(03-12-2019, 08:57 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 08:51 AM)Bullseye Wrote: It's amazing how so many so readily dismiss his successes.

Really?

Constantly draft inconsistently. Better? Are you really going to stand behind an argument that this FO drafts well?

There is no team that constantly drafts well, so I hope that’s not your bar of success