Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nancy Pelosi rules out Trump impeachment: ‘He’s not worth it’

(03-13-2019, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: To be honest, the democrats should probably focus on trying to win the majority in the Senate or House in 2020 at this point.

They'll hold the House. The Senate will be difficult to take. The Presidency is entirely possible if they can agree on a single candidate that has centrist appeal and represents a calm, articulate statesman as contrasted to Donald Trump's unhinged child routine.

Which, of course, means they'll nominate Ilhan Omar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-13-2019, 01:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 08:13 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: To be honest, the democrats should probably focus on trying to win the majority in the Senate or House in 2020 at this point.

They'll hold the House. The Senate will be difficult to take. The Presidency is entirely possible if they can agree on a single candidate that has centrist appeal and represents a calm, articulate statesman as contrasted to Donald Trump's unhinged child routine.

The only centrist will be a 78 year old straight white man.

(03-13-2019, 01:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-12-2019, 07:51 PM)mikesez Wrote: There are plenty of grounds for impeachment.
The emoluments alone!
They never proved that Clinton got an emolument while in office. But can you imagine if Obama or Bush had been literally operating a hotel targeting foreign diplomats while in office? 
Nancy just doesn't see high enough chances of winning in the Senate, nor does she see that the chances of her getting other things she wants improve with Pence in the White House. Remember Nancy generally has access to the unredacted versions of things. So she probably knows a little bit more about what facts are left to reveal, and when they will be revealed, than the rest of us. What's left to reveal is either not that surprising, or the schedule that it could possibly be revealed is too close to the 2020 election.

There are supposedly "plenty of grounds for impeachment", yet all you have is the Emoluments Clause which doesn't really apply?  Try again.

If impeachment is not a remedy for an emoluments clause violation, is there any remedy at all?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 03:22 PM by Lucky2Last.)

(03-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: The media? That's all you got - the big bad media? You seem to forget that Donald is his own media. And no one can stop him from being his own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "the media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by Fox News.

Oh, but you're not influenced by "the media". Not at all. hahahahaha

Pull your head out of your [BLEEP] and look around. Enjoy the fresh air for a few seconds. 

I realize that what I wrote could be interpreted as creating a media boogeyman, but it was a caution for conservatives to temper expectations; not to bash liberals. What I posted is a verified fact. The media is heavily slanted left and has ample opportunity to push the narrative. I could site you studies to show it, but that would be a waste of time. 

Conservatives dominate YouTube and radio talk shows. If you were speaking to a fellow liberal and said, "don't underestimate the power of social media influence on conservatives," do you think it would reflect well on me if I responded like this?

Quote:Social media? That's all you got - big bad social media? You seem to forget that "Candidate X" is their own social media. And no one can stop "preferred gender pronoun" from being their own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "social media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by The Young Turks. 

Oh, but you're not influenced by "social media". Not at all. hahahahaha

(This post was last modified: 03-13-2019, 04:43 PM by TJBender.)

(03-13-2019, 02:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 01:54 PM)TJBender Wrote: They'll hold the House. The Senate will be difficult to take. The Presidency is entirely possible if they can agree on a single candidate that has centrist appeal and represents a calm, articulate statesman as contrasted to Donald Trump's unhinged child routine.

The only centrist will be a 78 year old straight white man.

Gabbard. She's already been just this side of shoved out because of comments she made 10+ years ago, but she's got the most centrist record of any Democrat in a prominent position. Donald Trump and Steve Bannon worked directly with her after the election, and prior to the election she resigned from the DNC to support Bernie Sanders. Those are the type of people who should be in charge of things politically.

(03-13-2019, 02:59 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 11:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: The media? That's all you got - the big bad media? You seem to forget that Donald is his own media. And no one can stop him from being his own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "the media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by Fox News.

Oh, but you're not influenced by "the media". Not at all. hahahahaha

Pull your head out of your [BLEEP] and look around. Enjoy the fresh air for a few seconds. 

I realize that what I wrote could be interpreted as creating a media boogeyman, but it was a caution for conservatives to temper expectations; not to bash liberals. What I posted is a verified fact. The media is heavily slanted left and has ample opportunity to push the narrative. I could site you studies to show it, but that would be a waste of time. 

Conservatives dominate YouTube and radio talk shows. If you were speaking to a fellow liberal and said, "don't underestimate the power of social media influence on conservatives," do you think it would reflect well on me if I responded like this?

Quote:Social media? That's all you got - big bad social media? You seem to forget that "Candidate X" is their own social media. And no one can stop "preferred gender pronoun" from being their own worst enemy.

It always amuses me how some of you assume "they" are being manipulated by "social media" while you constantly repeat the talking points produced by The Young Turks. 

Oh, but you're not influenced by "social media". Not at all. hahahahaha

So that is all you got.

My point is that it's so tiresome to hear right-wingers play the victim card. Always whining about the media. Always saying, or implying, that "those" people are so easily manipulated. It's not fair! But they never acknowledge the manipulation they are subject to. You see it all the time in letters to the editor, or posts on here. Whatever Rush or Sean or Laura or Tucker said last night becomes today's talking point. But it's the media!

Look - I know when Trump is your guy it's hard to stand on facts or principle. But just using "the media" (rarely any examples given) is just a cop out.

And when really desperate, blame The Deep State.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(03-13-2019, 01:54 PM)TJBender Wrote:

Sounds like a Zionist conspiracy Tongue

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(03-13-2019, 04:53 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 02:59 PM)Last42min Wrote: Pull your head out of your [BLEEP] and look around. Enjoy the fresh air for a few seconds. 

So that is all you got.

My point is that it's so tiresome to hear right-wingers play the victim card. Always whining about the media. Always saying, or implying, that "those" people are so easily manipulated. It's not fair! But they never acknowledge the manipulation they are subject to. You see it all the time in letters to the editor, or posts on here. Whatever Rush or Sean or Laura or Tucker said last night becomes today's talking point. But it's the media!

Look - I know when Trump is your guy it's hard to stand on facts or principle. But just using "the media" (rarely any examples given) is just a cop out.

That's all I need. What evidence could I present to you that you would acknowledge media bias? Would a UCLA study that shows most journalists are left of the average DEMOCRATIC politician work? Would a study from Texas A&M and Arizona State convince you that even most financial journalists that work for WSJ and The Economist lean left? What about poll after poll that shows less than 10% of journalist identifying as conservatives.

I will readily concede that Fox News leans right, especially in it's opinion shows. I will concede that most Republicans would prefer to watch Fox News and wouldn't challenge their own preconceived notions. This doesn't change the fact that the media bias, as a whole, absolutely skews left, and that the majority of the US culture is affected by such bias. 

CNN isn't going to change the opinion of Republicans in the same way that Fox isn't going to change the opinion of Democrats. However, the vast majority of Americans resonate in the middle. You have roughly 20-25% on both sides that align in a political direction. Here is a decent infographic that shows how American blocks are voting (with moderates being the swing vote on different issues).

[Image: cover.jpg]
When I speak of the advantage of media bias, it is in direct relation to the middle three columns. It has a tremendous impact, especially on Presidential elections. It would be foolish for conservatives to take it for granted and ignorant for you to pretend it is not influential. 

Oh, btw, Trump is not MY guy. I didn't vote for him. I am critical when he does stupid things and pleasantly surprised when he does good things. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Why don't you come at me with some facts and we can throw down for real.

There's no reasoning with leftist, as they do not and cannot accept reality. They live on their alternative idea of what is a "fact," which in fact is mostly unfounded opinion.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

(03-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:53 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: So that is all you got.

That's all I need. What evidence could I present to you that you would acknowledge media bias? Would a UCLA study that shows most journalists are left of the average DEMOCRATIC politician work? Would a study from Texas A&M and Arizona State convince you that even most financial journalists that work for WSJ and The Economist lean left? What about poll after poll that shows less than 10% of journalist identifying as conservatives.

I will readily concede that Fox News leans right, especially in it's opinion shows. I will concede that most Republicans would prefer to watch Fox News and wouldn't challenge their own preconceived notions. This doesn't change the fact that the media bias, as a whole, absolutely skews left, and that the majority of the US culture is affected by such bias. 

CNN isn't going to change the opinion of Republicans in the same way that Fox isn't going to change the opinion of Democrats. However, the vast majority of Americans resonate in the middle. You have roughly 20-25% on both sides that align in a political direction. Here is a decent infographic that shows how American blocks are voting (with moderates being the swing vote on different issues).

When I speak of the advantage of media bias, it is in direct relation to the middle three columns. It has a tremendous impact, especially on Presidential elections. It would be foolish for conservatives to take it for granted and ignorant for you to pretend it is not influential. 

Oh, btw, Trump is not MY guy. I didn't vote for him. I am critical when he does stupid things and pleasantly surprised when he does good things. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted. Why don't you come at me with some facts and we can throw down for real.

Outstanding work Last42min.  +1

I would also add though with no actual data just an observation, that you find the bias in Hollywood as well.  How many drop in lines do find denigrating the right in movies and sitcoms?  Late night TV?  Where on HBO is the counter to Bill Maher and John Oliver?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Even Adam wouldn't argue against liberal bias in Hollywood.

Academia has a left slant as well (specifically in the social sciences and liberal arts), and this is also supported by numerous studies.

My theory is that there is a psychological value difference between the way progressives and conservatives promote. I suspect that progressives value shared thought more than production, and so there is a natural inclination for institutions controlled by democrats to become more left leaning. That is not to suggest that conservatives don't have a problem with group think, just a possible explanation why institutions that were previously balanced become more left over time. You find this same trend in large businesses.

Anyways, it's just a guess. I haven't read any studies that support that point of view, so I'd take that opinion lightly. Another possibility is activism, though that seems more unlikely.

(03-13-2019, 09:13 PM)pirkster Wrote: There's no reasoning with leftist, as they do not and cannot accept reality.  They live on their alternative idea of what is a "fact," which in fact is mostly unfounded opinion.

Hahahahahahaha - this from someone who lives in Trump World. You can't make this stuff up.

You going to visit Paul Manafort in jail? That Donald - he only hires the best.

(03-14-2019, 09:12 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 09:13 PM)pirkster Wrote: There's no reasoning with leftist, as they do not and cannot accept reality.  They live on their alternative idea of what is a "fact," which in fact is mostly unfounded opinion.

Hahahahahahaha - this from someone who lives in Trump World. You can't make this stuff up.

What is he going to prison for again?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(03-14-2019, 09:18 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 09:12 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Hahahahahahaha - this from someone who lives in Trump World. You can't make this stuff up.

What is he going to prison for again?

For being a "political consultant" to any thug who would hire him. A tax cheat and a sleazy business man. You know, the kind of guy Donald thought would be just the kind of guy who should manage his campaign.

That Donald - he just hires the best.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 09:29 AM by Adam2012.)

(03-13-2019, 11:07 PM)Last42min Wrote: Even Adam wouldn't argue against liberal bias in Hollywood.

Academia has a left slant as well (specifically in the social sciences and liberal arts), and this is also supported by numerous studies.

My theory is that there is a psychological value difference between the way progressives and conservatives promote. I suspect that progressives value shared thought more than production, and so there is a natural inclination for institutions controlled by democrats to become more left leaning. That is not to suggest that conservatives don't have a problem with group think, just a possible explanation why institutions that were previously balanced become more left over time. You find this same trend in large businesses.

Anyways, it's just a guess. I haven't read any studies that support that point of view, so I'd take that opinion lightly. Another possibility is activism, though that seems more unlikely.

Ah, Dr. Phil of the message board.

Hurry, go turn that tv off! Get rid of that newspaper! You might be unduly influenced. Brainwashed!

So you're saying that people on the right are too dumb to make up their own minds? Those nefarious people (shall we call them Yankees) in New York and Hollywood are worming their way into middle America, turning them into zombies?

Not you of course. You're too smart for that. But you're concerned for others. The little people who need guidance. And you're just the one to provide it. How kind of you.

(03-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Last42min Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 04:53 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: So that is all you got.

Always nice to see a 100% complete political spectrum graph that has no recognition of my own demographics or values.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2019, 10:21 AM by mikesez.)

(03-14-2019, 09:48 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Last42min Wrote: That's all I need. What evidence could I present to you that you would acknowledge media bias? Would a UCLA study that shows most journalists are left of the average DEMOCRATIC politician work? Would a study from Texas A&M and Arizona State convince you that even most financial journalists that work for WSJ and The Economist lean left? What about poll after poll that shows less than 10% of journalist identifying as conservatives.

Always nice to see a 100% complete political spectrum graph that has no recognition of my own demographics or values.

You don't have to match all of the words listed under the tribe label for them to think you belong to that tribe.  Note that most of the words are only assigned to one tribe.  
If you match to two or three of the words, that's probably your tribe.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(03-14-2019, 09:22 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 09:18 AM)B2hibry Wrote: What is he going to prison for again?

For being a "political consultant" to any thug who would hire him. A tax cheat and a sleazy business man. You know, the kind of guy Donald thought would be just the kind of guy who should manage his campaign.

That Donald - he just hires the best.

So no collusion or anything outside of poor personal choices. Got it!

(03-14-2019, 09:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(03-13-2019, 11:07 PM)Last42min Wrote: Even Adam wouldn't argue against liberal bias in Hollywood.

Ah, Dr. Phil of the message board.

Hurry, go turn that tv off! Get rid of that newspaper! You might be unduly influenced. Brainwashed!

So you're saying that people on the right are too dumb to make up their own minds? Those nefarious people (shall we call them Yankees) in New York and Hollywood are worming their way into middle America, turning them into zombies?

Not you of course. You're too smart for that. But you're concerned for others. The little people who need guidance. And you're just the one to provide it. How kind of you.

There are studies that show that liberals are more likely to discriminate against conservatives. I could link those, but you're too busy shoving your foot in your mouth to bother reading them. I simply posited a reason why. One that is rooted in psychology and not conspiracy. It wasn't even malicious. 

Look, we are all influenced by our culture. None of use are exempt from it. I think I am just as likely to be persuaded by my sphere of influence as anyone else and have to surround myself by people that challenge me to expand my horizon. Maybe you should spend less time trolling on this message board and more time researching the origin of your beliefs. Follow it up by examining the strengths and weaknesses of your positions. Once you figure out why you're so dense, maybe you could actually bring something to the table instead of attacking a caricature of this discussion.

(03-14-2019, 10:27 AM)Last42min Wrote:
(03-14-2019, 09:28 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: Ah, Dr. Phil of the message board.

There are studies that show that liberals are more likely to discriminate against conservatives. I could link those, but you're too busy shoving your foot in your mouth to bother reading them. I simply posited a reason why. One that is rooted in psychology and not conspiracy. It wasn't even malicious. 

Look, we are all influenced by our culture. None of use are exempt from it. I think I am just as likely to be persuaded by my sphere of influence as anyone else and have to surround myself by people that challenge me to expand my horizon. Maybe you should spend less time trolling on this message board and more time researching the origin of your beliefs. Follow it up by examining the strengths and weaknesses of your positions. Once you figure out why you're so dense, maybe you could actually bring something to the table instead of attacking a caricature of this discussion.
You're wasting your time. He isn't here for conversation or to perhaps be open minded enough to learn anything. He just wants to come here and...rabble...fox news...rabble rabble...Hannity...snuff...Carlson...you people...! Three thousand plus posts of compete [BLEEP]!